Unomas vs. the 2x4 Perpetual of Doom

I like the Kali Mist x Everything, but that’s only because I have a pack and I want to see more grown out before I decide to pop it… so selfish reasons haha.

SSDD #4 looks excellent, nice and frosty.

3 Likes

Happy Friday! Today’s gonna be a good day!

Secret Chief #1
Day 55

Finally tied it up to make space for her new roommate. Note to self: tie up branches earlier in flower.

TK
Day 2
Height: ??? Guessing highest point is 15” tall

In veg, I pinched every stem to get it to bush out instead of growing upward. Did this twice and will probably pinch again tomorrow again to prepare for the crazy stretch that everyone talks about. This was LST’d also in veg. As soon as it was transplanted into the SIP and recovered, it just shot straight up like it saw Doja Cat naked.

10 Likes

The small plants were originally flowering out in my dry tent, which is now being used to dry SSDD 4. Unfortunately, there’s no room for them to get full light in the flower tent…they’re mostly in the shade. Poor ladies :cry: These are part of the solo cup challenge. But more like a stress test here :sob: I’m going to reveg the JTRs for sure to see what they do in a SIP.

Left to Right:
SSDD 4
Irene x Pinesoul
Jack the Ripper 2x

My auto entry for the challenge looks pretty good compared to the photos. Galaxy Brain S1. Smells so good! Tropical fruit, can’t tell what kind though. Grapefruit maybe?

Secret Chief #1
Day 63

Waiting for this mofo this finish up and free up space. Not too sure if I can keep this pheno around for long. Every time it gets topped, it just shoots out laterally. Hard to maintain clones/a mom in a small space.

TK
Day 10
Height: 22”

Still pinching it every other day.

Next up is Kali Mist x Everything! Transplanting it into a SIP tonight. I’ll get some pics!

8 Likes

Kali Mist x Everything transplanted!

8 Likes

Haven’t really had time to update. Here’s the biggest thing that’s happened recently:

Secret Chief #1
Chopped on day 73

Glad to get this thing out of the tent. Took up wayyy too much space. When I chopped it down, it smelled gassy and earthy. The gas wasn’t there while it was growing…

9 Likes

That plant turned into a monster! Was fun to watch it grow.
Looking forward to the smoke report :v:

2 Likes

Tent looks much roomier now!

TK
Day 26

Kali Mist x Everything
Day 3?
Height: 17.5”

Only two solo cups standing…I had to kill SSDD 4 due to potential bud rot and a JTR because it started throwing nanners. This was most likely due to the stress that it’s been through (overwatered, soil too hot, temporary not enough light and ventilation). Good news is that the other JTR and Bubba Soul haven’t shown any nanners or balls despite going through all the same stresses :pray:

Left: Bubba Kush x Pinesoul @iamyou_youareme
Right: JTR

Bubba Soul:

JTR:

11 Likes

Kali Mist x Everything is no more…I had to cull it. It started to grow weird looking things that look like balls so it had to go.

@Oozle be cautious if you decide to pop your KMxE’s

9 Likes

That sucks. At least you found out early, and noticed the issue. You’ll bounce back in no time…

1 Like

Right on thanks. They’ll get put lower on my seed popping que now… maybe next spring.

1 Like

Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week!

Ready for another SIP since KMxE got culled.

TK
Day 37

Forgot to mention that she stretched just a hair over 2x. This was with pinching the branches every other day. Looks like she needed calcium, so I top dressed and watered in Roots Organics Elemental. Now looking at this pic, she might be needing more potassium? Upper fan leaves turning yellow, starting from the edges.

Bubba Kush x Pinesoul
Day ???

Letting this run til the end of the month for the contest. It has this floral scent to it…like old lady perfume or something.

JTR
Day ???

Really need to check the trichs. The pistils haven’t receded yet, so it’s probably hanging on for dear life trying to finish. I was planning to try and reveg this to give it a proper run but IDK man…it hasn’t had the best life in flower but it’s just too leafy for me. Seems like the more I hate on a plant, the more it ends up being fire…let’s hope this is true!

I need to transplant something ASAP to get more flower going but am having a hard time deciding…it’s probably gonna be Chem 91 since we’re running low. If not that, Purple Triangle.

10 Likes

Long time no update. Things that have happened since last time:

*Dimmer failed on my light, HLG sent me a newer one…I guess it’s a common issue for the 350R lights.
*Lost one top of the TK when I was taking out the light for repair.
*Harvested the solo cup JTR. Revegging it as we speak.

TK
Day 53

Can’t really put my finger on what it smells like. Pretty complex and no complaints! So that top that got broken off…pretty sure it was holding up a lot of other branches. I didn’t have to tie her up until that happened.

Chem 91 (4th run)
Day 1
Height: 18”

Let’s go! This probably the best looking I’ve gotten the cut to look prior to flipping to flower :man_shrugging: praying for no nanners this time around.

Bubba x Pinesoul @iamyou_youareme
Day ???

This is getting chopped tonight for the solo cup contest. Still smells like old lady perfume. This chunked up pretty good despite being neglected most of the time. No nanners or balls either!

15 Likes

You’ve got a unique aroma going on. Good luck with the chop.

2 Likes

TK
Day 61

Putting on weight, everything is sagging! I’ll have to tie it up some more tomorrow. Stem rub is almost non-existent. I want to say it has a woody scent. The flower smells different everyday but in a great way! Today it smelled kinda like Elmer’s glue. I need to figure out how to take better nug pics.

Chem 91
Day 9
Height 22.5”

Not too shabby so far. I turned the light down to 60% to see if the top fan leaves stop tacoing. She seems to be stretching more than usual? :thinking:

12 Likes

TK
Day 73

Trichs didn’t start to amber until around day 68. Still waiting for it to hit the sweet spot. Day 84?

Chem 91
Day 21, 21
Height: 29”…stretch was only 11”

Looking good so far! My light is currently at 70%. If this bad girl can make it past day 34 with no nanners, I think I’ll get a little froggy and bump it up to 80%. We’ll see though…

Once the TK gets chopped, it’s getting replaced with another TK that’s getting a little too big for the veg area.

12 Likes

Without prying or asking about sources - do you suspect we’re running the same TK / farmer joe cut? Always cool to see how things turn out in different setups! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on her either way.

4 Likes

Not too sure TBH, I got the cut via trade. But from everything I’ve gathered in the TK thread and Holy’s, pretty sure mine is the FJ cut too (woody stem rub, complex terps, no amber til day 70ish). The real test is smoking it. How long did you flower your’s out for? Sending you a PM, my friend.

5 Likes

Nice log when I had the tk cut, it was really hard to clone. Sadly I lost her from this situation.

2 Likes

No… No! Not the 2x4 Perpetual of DOOM!

Beautiful garden dude. Have you smoked the Bubba x Pinesoul yet?

2 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah, so far it’s been taking at least 3-4 weeks before clones start rooting here.

Thanks man! So I vaped some yesterday, the buzz was pretty decent. It put me in a good mood, lost track of time and ended up scrolling my phone for like 30 mins. At this point, the body stone got heavy out of nowhere. I felt like there was weight on me and started to get sleepy. I eventually fell asleep, didn’t take much effort :joy:

The bud still smells like old lady perfume. Not much I can say on the taste right now…it probably won’t last long enough for a proper cure since the yield was only 6.1g.

4 Likes