Using co2? Generator or tank?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chat room (let’s chat!)

As of right now I’m still using Co2 pads n mushroom bags, but a tank and regulator are the next upgrades for my grows. I’ve never used a tank because I never ran a completely sealed room without air exchange, but seeing a buddy’s sealed flower room with Co2 enrichment recently convinced me to make the switch. He is easily getting 1/3 more yield than me with the same growing style and strains, I taught him how to grow, the grasshopper has become the teacher. Lol

5 Likes

Does potency go up with CO2, or just yield??

1 Like

@LED_Seedz How do you do your 12/12 veg cycle? Do you have the lights come on for a short period at “night”?

1 Like

maybe he means the stretching period ?? curious as well!

2 Likes

That is a very nice thing to say! KUDOS!

3 Likes

I use it for Yeild. .

3 Likes

Uv for more tricome production and size

4 Likes

I just talk to my plants, plenty of CO2 there :laughing: :wind_blowing_face:

11 Likes

I think I paid about $30.00/exchange each for my Co2 tanks at the welding shop, the primary regulator was about another $30.00 at the economy tool store, I found the data logging Co2 meter for $88.00. the release valve can also be found online for about $15.00. P.M. me for my online source of cheap stuff.

6 Likes

@ReikoX actually if your grow area isn’t too large breathing heavy on them will produce a usable amount of Co2, replenishment of the Co2 as it dissipates is another story.

5 Likes

I sing to them too :wink: :notes:

7 Likes

I just have this feeling that you are no Jon bon Jovi

7 Likes

What I mean is my plants do most of their vegging in a 12/12 environment. In other words while grower A. is vegging for lets say 45 days to a 3 foot bush, I am flipping 12" to 16" and because I use CO2 I end up with the same size plant eliminating the extra 30 days grower A. I’m shortening the total life of a plant by close to 30 days over the average grower.

Because I use LED tech, I do not get that “Stretch” that HPS growers typically get and end up with 4 to 5 foot bushes. Of course there are exceptions but this is the general rule. There are examples of week by week growth in an earlier thread on the same subject I did.

I also run a perpetual system where I am always testing my gear, and harvest bi weekly so there is more to it than just CO2. There are many techniques that I use. CO2 is just a little part of the puzzle.

17 Likes

Earth’s Carbon cycle is very long. So you have to go back much further than 200 years for the data to mean anything. We do seem to be near the peak of the cycle though.

2 Likes

I have 2 tanks cost $7 to fill and last me half a week to a week depending on usage

Only on while the lights are on

2 Likes

Hi all,

well when enritching a room with CO2 there is a pretty simple solution.

Try this: instead of buying CO2 bottles you could just create it by yourself using:

Water,Yeast and Sugar. Yeast transforms sugar into alcohol and a byproduct is CO2.

So take a fermenting bottle, make a sugar/water solution, darken the bottle (UV kills yeast), put in the yeast (fresh yeast works best for me) and voila.

So next thing would be a tubing to bring the CO2 to the buds.

This is by far the cheapest solution, and if you like alcohol you have a perfect alcohol for destilling later.

Be well.

1 Like

Do you have a formula you use? Portions for each “ingredient”? A milk jug blacked out would work or is that too large/small of container? Does the container size restrict or promote CO2 production? Sorry bout all the questions. Cheap tricks are the best. Thanks @Illyssian!

1 Like

Hi @Kalgrae!

Personally I use:

A 5L fermenting Bottle used for wine. Fill this Bottle with 1Kg of white sugar and crumble 1 package of fresh yeast into it, i think its like 42g.

I think the milk jug would work, like everything would but you have to consider it is a anerobic fermentation so you need an airlock to put onto.

If you use my formula, fermentation should start working like 4-6hours later and should last at least 14days.
Of course it depends on the other factors as well like temp etc.

After that you have a very high grade alcohol wich is perfect for distilling.

Ah, before I forget, don’t fill the bottle - till top leave at least 1/4 free. You will know why :wink:

Hope I could help you with that, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

I do know why. haha. Not from experience though. Took the advice before the mess was made. Thanks for the info. I’m going to use it.