Using co2? Generator or tank?

what do you do at night? just remove it from the room? or can you close the top?

1 Like

I always thought sugar was one of the most expensive ways. You get about 1/2 a pound of CO2 per pound of sugar.

I donā€™t know the prices that you get sugar and a tank of CO2 for but for me the sugar costs a load more, and is a mould risk, humidifier etc etc

Add to that the higher level of control possible with a tank and for me the tank wins hands down.

1 Like

@Viva_Mexico not at all, I just keep it going. Plants donā€™t uptake CO2 at night right, but iā€™ve seen no harm. What I do is giving additional fresh air at nights so I think this balances levels straight.

@MicroDoser Maybe sugar is more expansive than CO2, but you havenā€™t read closly. I use the alcohol for distilling, so I need it either way. If you donā€™t need alcohol, go on with your Bottlesā€¦

But also two things to consider: If you live in a state where pot is still illegal people will be curious what you bring into your flatā€¦ Also, these bottles are a lot heavier then bringing a few kilo sugar/yeast into your flatā€¦

Pest control argument is also bullshit, you donā€™t have any pests when doin it right with an airlockā€¦

1 Like

I did miss that you were brewing anyway. If that is the case then I would tap off the CO2 and use the resource you are getting for free :wink:

But for @MadScientist if you are considering which system to use for your plants and do not brew alcohol anyway, sugar->yeast->CO2 is a very expensive way to get the gas for your plants. A tank of gas works out much cheaper.

Although it seems all this is moot due to the unfortunate landlord situation. I feel for you MadScientistā€¦

2 Likes

@Kalgrae hey bud, just noticed, 1 package of yeast is 42g not 15ā€¦ quite a difference.
Would like to hear your experience if you tried it. Blessings

Itā€™s on the list for this weekend. Thereā€™s a home brew shop close by. This will be an easy solution for my space. Thanks @Illyssian

1 Like

when i tried this i used a 2L bottle with a cup of sugar and maybe 2 tsp of yeast then add sugar 1ce a week or as required

1 Like

My inclination would be to get a compressor, tap off all the CO2 from brewing into a compression tank, then have a standard CO2 doser which can dose the CO2 when you need it, not just when it is being made by the yeast. Probably too much work though.

Does anyone use the Co2 enhancer 2L bottle ? I bought one a few weeks ago, used as the instructions said and worked great! After 2.5 weeks I decided to change it with a refill pack! This pack seemed to have only lasted a week and does not spew out like the original did! Curious if anyone else has found the same results or a tip on making it last longer, somone told me baking soda will increase production but I figured somone on here might have a better idea, I looked and only found topics talking about Co2 in general not this paticular product and use. Thanks all !

This will likely get merged with an existing topic.

Prepare for warpā€¦ 3ā€¦ 2ā€¦ 1ā€¦ GO!

ah sorry I didnt think it would apply here as no one had mentioned itā€¦

2 Likes

Nothing to be sorry about, thanks actually!

2 Likes

Looking into a tank now myself instead of the bottleā€¦ Do you HAVE to have a sealed room ? Mines mostly sealed but Iā€™ve seen lots of videos that donā€™t seem sealed, I realize you loose Co2 doing this, but with fan speed controllers and trying to remove heat out of my room I run smell and heat exhaust through my light and outside. Co2 being heavyier and heat aswell my intake for the exhaust is at the very top of the room. Thanks all

1 Like

Im trying the co2 enhancer bottle now for the first time.
It didnt seem to change the co2 level at all he first night.
I cant turn exhaust off (filter through cool tubes then outside) i have temps hitting about 26-27C w lights on.

Gonna try hooking up tubing for dispersal and see how it goes. Might have to add another bottle we shall see.

1 Like

Fairly new to Co2 with only 4 or 5 runs to date.
Using a 20lb bottle for my 4x8x8 rigid foam flower ā€œroomā€.

Been running what I believe are conservative ppmsā€¦
700-1000 thru week 7.
Ramp down to 400 for last week.

Never grown without it, so I donā€™t know how using Co2 compares to non-Co2 for the growing Iā€™m doing.
Sealed or not, proper venting and fresh air exchange make a difference in growth and vigor.

One-time Co2 starter kit example.

$18 tank exchange at local hydro hut.
During summer months, I run it sealed with AC and go thru about 3 bottles.
Winter, I vent intake/exhaust for cooling and go thru about 6 bottles.

I read how not using Co2 during stretch, can reduce stretch.
Might try that next run.

https://overgrow.com/t/cmh-coco-cavern/

1 Like