Vegetable Garden 2021

Baker creek just refunded me for 2 packs of my huge order but didn’t tell which 2 packs?!!! Damn what is it I need now!

My Carolina Reaper plant from last year is still alive and kicking in my enclosed front porch.Since there are no bees around I have to pollinate the flowers myself and I guess it works…I’m also pollinating my Venus Fly Traps.

8 Likes

Backyard container of kale after yesterday’s tornado warning

5 Likes

I can only find sauces around here but not the plant or the real pepper. Beauties!

I have plenty of Carolina Reaper seeds if interested…my CR are from seeds that I grew bromigo.

3 Likes

I’ve got a collection of pepper seeds for this season :yum:. First time getting seeds from them, but excellent selection and prices, great service for the two orders I placed, and he sent some freebies.

Admittedly, I only started growing peppers last summer, and started getting variety for heat and colors.
@misterbee This is easier than listing them lol

4 Likes

I can :100: vouch for the :fire: :fire_extinguisher: in the following: Carolina Reaper, Ghost (Indian Bhut Jolokia), Butch T, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Chocolate Bhutlah, 7 Pot Douglah, Kodomo Dragon, Dragon’s Breath, 7 Pot Primo, Naga Viper, 7 Pot Brain. With the Carolina Reaper, the Seller included a note about NOT handling ANY part of the plant/fruit with bare hands!!! As you very well know, they’re ALL some of the strangest-looking Peppers ever seen, not like the normally-encountered Bell Peppers…lol. I don’t indulge “Hot Food”, I gave 'em away to the “Pepper Heads” with caution. NOT a one asked for more!!! Eventually will grow them again, I think. Seriously, with anything over 1 million on the Scovil Scale, be VERY careful. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: BTW: There’s supposed to be a NEW Number One…Pepper X!!! Haven’t seen it available commercially as of yet, watching with interest. Found it, the SAME fella that produced the C. Reaper!!!

4 Likes

Where are you located? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wait to you see them sprout THROUGH the skin!!! Scary, indeed. Happy growin". SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

[quote=“misterbee, post:49, topic:42522, full:true”]
Wait to you see them sprout THROUGH the skin!!! Scary, indeed. Happy growin".[/quote]

This actually happened last year January, we were on our way to Florida so I decided to put it in a small pot and we took it to Florida with us for the winter…It got a lot of sun when we were down there. Eventually I ended up planting it in my vegetable garden and got lots of tomatoes…

2 Likes

First 2 baker creek orders came in.

13 Likes

I really want to do a patio garden this year but don’t have much previous success.

Potatoes, carrots, onions definitely want to try. Might look into some.raised above ground beds or something.

Anyone have cheaper alternatives? Lol, not like I don’t have pots :sweat_smile::joy:

4 Likes

Potatoes can easily be grown in a large pot that you keep adding dirt too till its full then just let it finish, carrots just need time and careful weeding and careful thinning and prefer cooler temperatures, onions are easier difficult to start from seed without experience but it’s great to try and learn, as a back up purchase some onion sets plant them about an inch deep with the green tip pointing up and water and wait. Good luck :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In my honest opinion, I think growing multiple vegetables is harder than growing multiple strains of marijuana…:thinking:

11 Likes

Very nice garden, congratulations …

I agree, in my case the biggest problem is illegality … hug…

Abraço

2 Likes

It’s that time again, another Summer of CV-19 2021 garden grow. I still have some seeds left over from last year…I’m gonna start my seedlings indoors as usual and the cool weather plants are first. I’m just as excited growing vegetables as I am growing marijauna…I’m also gonna be growing some uncommon vegetables in this garden. I might even throw in a recreational plant or two.

11 Likes

I’ve had great success growing potatoes and other crops indoors in containers alongside my cannabis. Potatoes in particular take well to pots, though they tend to exhibit a little more vertical growth than in the ground in my experience. I’d highly recommend it for a patio garden!

3 Likes

I did not know you can grow potatoes in hydro bromigos…

20210307_151344

20210307_151222

11 Likes

@PhilCuisine, wow man, that is really cool! I wonder how the skin develops in a hydro based system? I assume they wouldn’t keep for long but most likely be extremely tender. All a hypothesis though.

6 Likes

Another beautiful day today so I started on my outside garden today and raked some of the debris from last years growth…I was gonna till but I’m gonna wait till after the rains…We’re suppose to get rainstorms for the next 4-5…I’ll probably uncover my 2 fig trees next week sometime too.

2 Likes