Vegetable Garden 2021

my garden is focused on making stuff with Hot Peppers this year !
zone 6a to plant this month…sure I’ll have more but have kept it minimal so far…

Pepper varieties ranging from

California Wonder
Anaheim Chili
Guajillo
Giant Serrano Chili
Count Dracula Pepper
Jalepeno 5 Color
Tabasco
Thai Red Chilli
Scotch Bonnet Chili
Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero
Habanero Caribbean Red Seeds
Dragon’s Breath Pepper

new tomatos this year

Balkonzauber
Black Cherry
Black Krim Tomato

8 Likes

Trees don’t even have leaves on them here yet and our lilacs don’t bloom until the end of May . Unless it can be covered I can’t plant anything outside until close to the second week of June . We regularly have a hard frost on the full moon in early June .

1 Like

Making some Hot sauces @PhilCuisine ?

3 Likes

Mild winter and warm spring garden well under way . We even re vegged some peppers Happy growing

6 Likes

Nice @gramps you must be in a warmer weather…here is mine as of today everything doing well except my broccoli plants, rabbits have been eating them…check out the right side of this row next to my onion row…they ate all the leaves. Hopefully they recover otherwise I still have back ups.

Btw, we got almost 3" of rain this wknd. it’s very muddy in the garden, I use Walmart bags to cover my shoes/flip flops so the mud won’t get stuck on your shoes/flip flops.

6 Likes

we had snow Sunday.

3 Likes

Big bell pepper plant only grew one lol,next time I grow these I’ll use a bigger pot,I didn’t think they would grow in the first place

The other is jalapeno that plant has a lot of peppers on it

6 Likes

This is what you get when you start your own veggies from seeds…everything is doing well and looks like the cabbages will bouce back & make it after the rabbits nibbled on them.

Cool weather veggies

Warm weather veggies

This row looks empty but it’s not the bush beans are sprouting.

Cukes & Zuccs

6 Likes

My wife has the green thumb when it comes to flowers and veggy’s . The tomatoes are already setting and we have been eating kale / chard / turnips / lettuce / cauliflower / broccoli all winter .

8 Likes

Hi @PhilCuisine, just to let you know, she’s coming along… Thanks once again!!! :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

Wish I had a garden,joys of living in an apartment
Wife is talking about buying a house in Texas

To be honest I’m sick of California myself been here almost 25 years ,you can buy a big house in Texas

You can’t even buy a burnt down house here for under a million lol

4 Likes

@anon98660487 do you have to manually pollinate your peppers hot/ regular ones when they are inside? I ain’t got bees living in my place lol

I’ve got a 2 plants with some white flowers open on them. Used a Qtip and rubbed it on all the flowers of both plants. Didn’t see any actual pollen so no idea if I did it right lol

After checking some videos. Nope. I didn’t. No pollen :sneezing_face: = No Beno … Just gotta wait till I see some magic dust now.

3 Likes

Update

Radishes

Multi colored Carrots

Turnips

Beets

Cabbages

Arugula

Spinach

Red Leaf Lettuces

6 Likes

I didn’t do anything to the peppers they did it to themselves lol I do have them in a grow tent with a fan on they like the heat and 6.5ph water but tomatoes do they same sex themselves I was growing tomatoes
In one of my grow tents as well lol

5 Likes

Not much of a garden, but it what I got started inside this spring from seed.

Tomatoes look horrible from acclimation to the sun.

Strawberries and watermelons still to come!

6 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

That is very colorful. Good work. Looks amazing. I looked at a few more. :+1:

1 Like

I just keep changing mine all the time. Good call on the bags.

1 Like

My garlic is still the only thing growing atm other then some lettuce , swiss chard , and parsley . I at least got to finally plant a buncha carrots ,onions , cabbage , beets , and squash yesterday . Last chance of frost is on Saturday so I will transplant everything else after that.

6 Likes