Vegetable Garden 2021

It’s great just going to the garden and harvesting your own cool weather veggies…

First Yellow Squash, damn dog tried to eat it but not on my watch.

7 Likes

The seed potatoes I saved from last year sprouted way beyond any I have ever planted so I figured they were to far gone to plant and went to buy more a few days ago. I found out that someone had come in and bought the entire years shipment the day they came in so they could turn around and sell them for more per bag lol
Anyway I decided there is only one way to find out if they are indeed to far sprouted to plant.

8 Likes

Been harvesting our cool weather veggies…

1 Like

Homegrown salad folks, it seems like it tastes better than store bought veggies…

5 Likes

This year I put up a small raised bed (2’x8’) and a small trough planter for strawberries

First bed is tomatoes (early girls on the left, cherry on the right) with green beans planted in the empty spots

Second spot peppers, big one is jalepeno and small one is habanero… Also some green beans in the open spots

We’ll see how things go this year… The soil is shit but I’m working on it lol

8 Likes

My Potato Patch

9 Likes

I’m growing potatoes this year for the 1st. time but in containers though…look at this big mofo turnip…

9 Likes

What Excatlty is all that purple tangled twig art project? Oh what. That’s the sprouts commg off the potatoes :potato: what kind are they?

4 Likes

I honestly can’t remember the exact type other then they are true blue potatoes. They taste just like regular potatoes but are more consistent , less disease and pest prone , store much better , and are a cooler color then regular potatoes .

I am happy to say even with them being so far sprouted when I planted them , they are indeed growing.

Carrots and black beans

Carrots and lettuce

7 Likes

Awesome thanks :blush::pray:

3 Likes

Garden looking good so far… Been pretty warm lately so they look alot better than they could lol I know they need watered but they’ll need to wait til the sun goes down…

Little jalepenos on the first plant to give me flowers

The green beans are starting to grow and the habanero plant has turned it’s willy ass around for a while…

5 Likes

Your garden looks amazing!

2 Likes

My fig trees, it was a slow start but at least they’re alive…can’t wait for the figs to start popping up…

8 Likes

Blue potatoes

First berries of the year

7 Likes

7 Likes

What kind of Figs? Hardy figs do survive here but my neighbour has his in cut down to 2/3rds blue barrels (were 55gallon) so he can bring them into his garage for the winter like I bring my citrus inside.
I wish I could figs in ground without worrying about them under the snow :smiley:

3 Likes

Not sure, got them from a retired Chicago school teacher and he said that these are cuttings/clones from his father’s original fig tree from when he was young. Mine stayed outside but have to be covered up for the winter…pix of the rest of my garden…this is the only broccoli that survived the rabbit invasion not much of a broccoli head .

7 Likes

I want fig tree’s!!

Looking good:)

Some friends around my parts;

5 Likes

2 veggie gardens, herbs, hot peppers, peas, beans, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, potatoes, onions, garlic, squash, rhubarb, lettuce, tomatoes and much more

8 Likes

Everything is chuggin along . Garlic scapes are almost formed. Time to set up my tomato trellis .

Carrots and black beans

Carrots and Lettuce

9 Likes