Veteran's Corner

I was stationed in Korea, at Camp Casey. In fact, it was my first duty station. I picked Korea because it was as far away from Arkansas as I could get. Don’t get me wrong, Arkansas was a great place to grow up, but every time I go, I remember why I left.

4 Likes

And a great giveaway. It is very generous of you. You already give so much of your time to the community. As a Vet, I know we all appreciate the recognition and the giveaway is a huge bonus. And yes good medicine. Some of the best IMO. It Has helped many Veterans without endangering their health further with toxic and addictive chemicals. Thanks again my dude!

5 Likes

Hahaha! I used to tease my Hospital Corpsmen buddy called him a Pecker Checker lol I think that’s military universal for Medic?

I was lucky to have Boot in San Diego were my A School was also. Being from Michigan I missed out on Great Mistakes er I mean Great Lakes NRTC
First station was Longbeach CA a reserve ship we carried reserve Navy and Marines along with Tanks and armored vehicles the 2nd was out of Norfolk VA

I thought about switching up and going Army after my first enlistment was up, the port calls were a blast though, long time in between not seeing women lol.the only problem was I would have lost rank I was up for PO2 and had Reserve duty left to do. Then found decent work.before I knew it I met my wife and had a kid on the way and I moved on.

4 Likes

I guess I just barely scooted in as the door was closing, I hope. That’s such a cool thing for you guys to do Doug. Many thanks to everyone donating time and genetics to make this happen. Maybe next year I’ll be in a better position and I’ll be glad to donate. I’m hoping to self one of the Purest Indica plants I have if I get a girl and pollinating a few branches. It will be my first time trying it so I’m sure I’ll be here on the board looking for guidance.

3 Likes

I’m sure you never drank too much Soujiu and ended up on that famous hill with all the juicy bars🤣. Nobody stationed at Camp Humphreys had a good time. Always on lockdown because of the damn North. A bunch of my buddies ended up going into 1/2 Cav in Korea when they got Longbow Apaches to replace their older Alpha models. Ft Hood had the largest pool of trained Longbow crew chiefs so they literally took over half my battalion to form that unit up. We all just waited nervously for that damn postcard with orders. I got lucky and stayed state side with my family.

4 Likes

I was with the 1/227th aviation at Ft Hood and we share the hangar with 1/7 Cav. They were the Kiowa guys and we were the Apache side. I’ve seen up close and personal what a 30 mm round does and it’s not something I’d want to see again. Here’s a pic of one of our 30mm rounds next to a water bottle. I got this on range duty cleaning up after a gunnery exercise. It’s always fun to find unexploded ordinance… not. God bless the EOD nutjobs that used to blow that stuff up in place, it was fun to watch.
We lost several birds in Iraq over the multiple campaigns. They’re tough but everything has a weakness and doing close combat support for the infantry means they have to get low and slow which is where things get bad.

4 Likes

Dude, the shit we did in Korea was insane. The color of the CP changed weekly. I’m sure it was the same for you.

4 Likes

Ten characters

4 Likes

Congratulate on your sobriety brother!! I know that is not easy. Good for you!!
CBD D8 and other Cannabinoids are all great meds. It is long past due to yank Marijuana off the schedule of illicit drugs.

I had major problem with alcohol. mostly self medicating too. I have high functioning Autistism " diagnosed with Aspergers in my 30’s It never affected my proformence scores in the service but I had some issues and I know weed had help before I joined and alcohol to an extent but that also made me do some stupid shit and the hangovers were really bad and made it near impossible to function.

After I got out I was lucky enough to meet my then future wife and a reason to stop drinking. Sill dealt with social anxiety and It took a while to reconnect to cannabis But now I know how much I missed her great healing properties! I’m sill awkward but I try lol

I’m hoping the VA will finally recognize this and do more to give access to amazing plant also lsd and mushrooms. We’ll see.

Yeah, that’s pretty sad. I remember some of my buddies dropping acid because of it not staying in the body’s system. It’s interesting to hear that they exempted yours on religious grounds. But I’m glad to hear it.

3 Likes

I was in Navy ROTC in college and upon graduation, I was accepted to the Naval Reactors program and spent my entire active duty time stationed at the Washington Navy Yard working on the design, refueling, maintenance, etc. of the nuclear reactors on Los Angeles- and Ohio-class submarines.

Also, for any vets not yet aware of this, check out this thread as it offers free seeds, once a year, to vets (when the sign ups are open).

5 Likes

I’m still eagerly awaiting the day I can grow my own medicine, without having to fear the possible kick to the door at 3AM. The VA has fought each and every possible change to their cannabis policies, and it sucks. The state I live in (Georgia) isn’t very helpful, either. They don’t make a distinction between a guy growing a few pot plants and Pablo fucking Escobar. That won’t last forever, though. After 2025, people are going to be wondering why it was ever illegal in the first place.

4 Likes

DC Seed Exchange will give Veterans a 15% discount on everything. The code is available from Paul if you email them. He also gets seeds to donate to vets in need several times a year. I’m sure there’s other seed banks that offer a veterans discount but he gave me free seeds when I was first getting started in 2017 and I’ve been really happy with them ever since.

3 Likes

Hey there @Randar Thank you for your service! That’s quite a interesting job you had!

Thank you for the link! If I may add, they do tend to get back logged, but guys keep trying!

Also one of the favorite seed banks dcseedexchange.com has a continuing 15% discount and offer free seeds for Vets in need.

1 Like

Hahaha You beat me too it brother!
Paul is a great guy! Does great thing for Vets!

1 Like

Paul with DC Seed Exchange got me a really cool strain from a breeder named GuamMaineian Gardens called Steve Lemme OG x Triangle Kush for free and I got a decent harvest for a second grow ever. GuamMaineian Gardens donates seeds for vets through them regularly as the breeder is a Navy vet himself. I just finished a run of his Steve Lemme OG x White Cherry Truffle and even though I really bleached them with a new LED I had just got, they came out pretty nice. I’m running a clone of it back this grow and hopefully I’ll have a better run.

6 Likes

Wow! Very nice! I heard that about GuamMaineian Gardens being A Navy Vet and Yep.He is a top donor and that his gear is amazing!
Those strains sound and look delicious! :yum:

3 Likes

Very understandable my dude. Growing during prohibition days in our state was always scary. We live in the country side and neighbors are/were not that close yet we got a little paranoid when we heard helicopters looming around. Worried about heat signatures indoors and spotting our outdoor plants. Had to pass up an offer to join an international breeding team.
I can’t Imagine what it must be like with those draconian laws of the southern states. I feel for you brother
I do believe federal law will be passed eventually. and I remain cautiously optimistic about individual state laws.
once it’s legal on the federal level. They’ll see how much revenue they can rake in. Especially when the banking system opens up to canna businesses.

I know the VA had fought everything cannabis or other non parm drugs. It’s a damn shame they’d rather prescribe opioids and Benzodiazepines maybe not these so much anymore but I’m sure you know what I’m saying.but yeah if you mention even using cannabis they want you to go to rehab.

3 Likes

Hey shipmate and fellow vets, YN3 (sw), uss Paul f Foster DD964, 90-94, 2 westpac tours, one war. First ship to fire missiles in Gulf when war started, " too young and dumb to be scared".

Thanks everyone for serving, salute!
Hapi growing

4 Likes

Welcome aboard Shipmate!

I served during the Cold War we mainly were concerned with the soviets. being the flag ship and prime target. I think tensions were highest during Gaddafi’s so called “Line of Death” (slightly concerned about the mines) and Operation Eldorado
Canyon) GQ drills constantly I also.remember that it was the first time a Harpoon missile was used in a battle situation. I say slightly concerned we actually joked about his wee little Navy of PT boats lol

2 Likes

The Gulf War was the last time a battleship was used on combat. I was in mortars in the Army and worked extensively with artillery observers (it’s a separate MOS). The largest IDF (InDirect Fire) weapon the Army has is a 155mm artillery. Our mortars were `120mm. It turns out some of the smallest naval guns were bigger than our largest. Wow, there were 6, 8, 12, 14, 16 and even 18 inch guns used in WW2. Those make our mortars look like little firecrackers.

4 Likes