Wedding Cake F4

Serious man. Literally the hottest temperature ever recorded in the UK. Plants didn’t like it but we just went by the river with beers :sun_with_face::beers: so we survived. And no need for any apologies there. Guess the nationality is a favourite pastime on OG :joy:

2 Likes

F4s nice, I probably would have kept a male and a F5’d them, getting an F4 is rare these days.

2 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

I got 3 males , I gave 2 to a friend and kept one for myself and put it outside with a couple of plants I’m working on. If my clones get big enough I might throw one outside to see what happens. But I will definitely collect some pollen too for later.

2 Likes

Funny I just assume everyone is from the US but with this fancy internet we have lots of possibilities

1 Like

F4s means they are more inbred, so if you cross it to a Wedding Cake again you can keep working the line or if you cross it out to a different strain you can get hybrid vigor.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I have never made seeds intentionally :joy: . So I should get some uniformity if I hit the wedding cake and the other plants should be vigorous but I will have to hunt through them to find what I want. Sound about right ?

1 Like

Yeah. I would take all three males or pick the best 2 males. You don’t have many seeds but if you find a great female I would hit the female with both males pollen and try to find what male you like through growing the offspring. If you have a clone of some different strain that you like you could hit that with the pollen. I’ve bred with a LA Wedding Pop, which has Wedding Cake and a lot of Triangle Kush in it. If you couldn’t find a Wedding Cake clone for a backcross, but could find something like a LA Wedding Pop, you could hit the WC F4 males with it, it may not be a purebred but you would be staying in a similar genepool and could select for traits and make them homozygous if you kept breeding for those traits.

1 Like

Interesting , I do have a specific clone that I want to hit with the WC . Hopefully it will seed up and then if luck is with me find what I’m after.

2 Likes

That is so OG Mr. :honeybee:

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

So far as I can tell three plants are very similar , Out of the three one is a lot shorter but similar in make up. I have one that has massive fans and have a much different shape. Also has variegation on few leaves. Every time I have had plants herm on me it seems this upcoming week will be critical. Have a nice night

10 Likes

Looking really good I’m 6 weeks in to growing mine and will post pics later

3 Likes

2nd that they’re looking good! Praying to the cannabis gods these ladies don’t pull a fast one on you in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Nice looking forward to them.

1 Like

Thanks , Definitely don’t want any funny business.

1 Like

7 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Day 14 of 12/12 they stretched so much I had to put them on the floor. The flowers are in that first phase with zero male parts so far. The plant I didn’t top has the biggest buds at the moment. Stem rubs are pungent . I have the room at full power hopefully I can keep it that way.

9 Likes

ran some Ethos “white wedding” a good plant and also tastey - worth a grow

3 Likes

Nice Glad it went well for you

1 Like