Wedding Grow Journal

Just started my next grow for a bud bar at my wedding reception this fall, I got started a little late but they should still finish in time hopefully lol! I’m gonna be running six different wedding/love themed strains and so far have a Wedding Tree from Humbolt Seed Co., Love Whip from Kindway Farms, Double Dip (Wedding Cake x Animal Cookies) from Greenpoint, (Wedding Cake x Banana Butter Cups) from Square One, White Cherry Wedding Cake from Terp Fiend, and still waiting on some (Ice Cream Wedding x Florida Wedding) from Fountain City Genetics to sprout. Most of them sprouted 6/19 and are about to start shooting off their first set of true fan leaves. Once I figure out how to upload photos here I’ll get some posted too. Super excited for this round and here’s hoping for no herms!

21 Likes

That sounds very cool, growing for the smoke bar at your wedding reception. Congrats on both

5 Likes

That’s such a great idea for your wedding! Definitely keep us updated with some pictures of the grow :sunglasses::seedling:

3 Likes

It’s definitely gonna be fun! And I’m excited to have some extra smoke from these plants to keep celebrating with after the reception haha.

2 Likes

Sounds cool. In for the ride. Was always curious about Wedding Cake.

1 Like

That is the coolest thing I have heard to have a bud bar.

3 Likes

Here’s my little seedlings this morning, little over a week about the ground now

5 Likes

Transplant day! Got them into a 1gal pots before they go into my 20gal living soil pots. Still not luck on my other seeds sprouting so I think I’m calling those a loss, but the breeder is sending me a couple more packs at least. Everything’s looking pretty good so far too, other than my runty white cherry wedding cake that got knocked over a couple times and fell into its soil when it was real young, I think it can bounce back still otherwise hopefully that’s a male I’d need to cull anyway lol.

5 Likes

Looking good @thatdankbassist !
Is that the runty one in the bottom left? It doesn’t look horrible, maybe a little deficient of something but I wouldn’t count it out yet!

1 Like

Yea that’s the one! I think it’ll pull through still too!

1 Like

Got my environment dialed back in for my 8x4 and moved them in there since they have a better light in there and were starting to look pretty good! I need to sent out my samples for sex testing on the regs soon.

4 Likes

This Double Dip from Greenpoint looks really good so far

7 Likes

Looking good man, wish I was going to this wedding. Congratulations, by the way. I’ve got a few random unknown wedding cake crosses going right now, as well as a Wedding Cake x OGKB. I’ll be searching through Archive’s cake face soon too, so don’t mind if I stick around and watch your wonderful show.

4 Likes

Oh I don’t mind at all! I bet that OGKB cross is fire!

1 Like

Topped everyone today at the 4th or 5th node on week 4 from sprout.

5 Likes

Looking good brother, nice and healthy on all accounts :sunglasses:

Nice! I haven’t done it myself but do you use Farmer Freeman or somewhere else for that?

2 Likes

I went through Wilson genetic testing that I found online cause they had a 10 pack for $80 as opposed to $120 from farmer freeman. There’s a local testing company I reached out to that is going to start doing sex testing here in September, so hopefully they’ll have that up and running by my next grow! They do potency testing for local home growers now mainly.

Edit: spelling

2 Likes

Yeah, $80 that’s not bad.

And having a local spot for potency testing is actually kinda dope too, if you dial something in really well and want to know where it lands. My state is recently legal rec weed, but growing is still a no go so I haven’t even bothered looking up local stuff.

2 Likes

My state has only had rec since 23’ so we’re still pretty new! I bet you’ll have stuff popping up soon!

3 Likes

I’m digging the setup, what cover crop did you sow?

1 Like