Welcome to the Jungle

Cherry goat! NICE
:heart_eyes: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Would have been a Beaumont? In the great white north? Chevelle body with Canadian grille and Pontiac motor if my memory serves me gpaw.

3 Likes

:star_struck: you could eat off that engine bay, without worrying about the food but the car… Nice whip @Instg8ter

4 Likes

She’s no Trailer Queen, I put least a thousand a year on it in the Rustbelt weather.

3 Likes

Topic for today’s discussion:

Easy things you have been taught or picked up along your growing adventure. Fact or Fiction, etc.

(No devices or gadgets other than your ‘McGivered’ shit)

From the start in up pots I water around the rim only. Theory being the roots are established in your cup or quart pot. You are forcing the roots to look for a new deeper water source and not saturating the stem.

5 Likes

Your little gray cells are working better that mine! I had to think about that - and me an Oshawa kid - knew all of that stuff cold ‘once upon a time’.
There were several “rebadged” GMs. the names changed depending on trim levels. Some of them they actually fiddled with the body panels i.e. they had different tooling, but that was phased out in later years.
IIRC
The Laurentian was the was the Catalina
The Parisienne was the Bonneville
The Acadian was the Nova
The Beaumont was the Chevelle
I distinctly remember when GM brought The Judge to Oshawa in1970. That’s when I started paying attention to cars… I used to have a ‘The Judge’ decal.

Yours is a '66?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yes it’s actually a 66’ Tempest but it’s been built back to GTO +++ specs with power disc brakes, power steering, car was in Idaho carport for 35 years buried in shit. I’m second registered owner. Did ground up body on resto about 10 years ago. Motor is 462 CI 498hp/512tq at 5500rpm on dyno. I did all the work with the help of members @pontiacgto and @performancepontiac only thing I did not do was motor assembly. My buddy had a purple Parisian we used to pile in.
Neighbor has a 70’ Judge clone, almost bought it a few years back before he got paint on for 10k. 70-71 are my next favorite, I was a firebird guy growing up. But I missed out on a 67’ joe dirt GTO for first car and o always remembered the one I missed. GTO was a bucket list thing did it 10 years ago in 14 months.

6 Likes

Used to spend summers in Toronto with a friend I billeted with for hockey tournaments. His dad was head of security for the Jays. First place I ever smoked Jamaican…mmmmm, and Rocky Horror on Young street…damn making those grey cells work overtime, good memories

1 Like

Sweet! That engine photo spoke volumes to me. Yeah, the ones you missed…
Well, we all can’t be Jay Leno…
What’s you tranny and rear end? Do anything to the suspention?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Rocky on Yonge St.! Great times! Smoke up and hit the theater…

G

1 Like

Right now I have a peg leg 2:85 freeway gear for gas mileage. Have a Chevy 12 bolt with posi 3:55 in the shop if I wanna go light to light. Can’t get big enough tire in without mini tubs to hold it down anyways…lol. Trans is TH 400 with shift kit and his/hers shifter. Susp iPad Moog station wagon springs all around with air bags in back. Boxed arms and 3/4” anti sway bar. She’s a sleeper, fabricated Ram Air scoop and quads fit under hood. Has 326 badges still.

7 Likes

Something I picked up on early in growing is to cut fat stemmed clones. No matter how long it takes to root, you’ll have a headstart on your trunk.
Also to become a little more self sufficient I use individual clone domes, with mini nursery pots. I don’t need to keep running to hydro shops for materials.
For me and my grow style, cloning is most important. I stay prepared for an emergency cut.

6 Likes

I agree, just got done taking 3 cuts from my Purple Thai, had holes in the 1/8” stalks like a straw. I use a 30 pot rapid cloner from production days. Usually 5-8 days and I have thick fish bones for potting deep. I usually pinch a pump bulb in the base of the stem makes for bamboo thick top stalks.

12 Likes

You pinch the bottom of the clone stem kinda like supercropping? Really thick stalk on that one!

1 Like

Yes was just going to edit, I do it as soon as the plant is healthy and rooted in 2gallon first repot. Then I start gently pinching it above soil line and see what she will take. As the plant grows the bulb will grow up into your lateral branches.Then once the plant perks back up I top from 6th node down to 4th. Then every 3rd node for SCROG. Same idea, keep your stalks as big as possible so it is strong to bounce back. There is a thing called defensive growing, LST, HST. Some plants take it more than others. It is all about pumping water vertically to feed the very top. The top in pick is 6’ now and in my hood, will be 8’ when done and I controlled stretch with lights.

5 Likes

This sounds like a good ‘how to’ sub-topic to develop… Hint Hint…
('cause I got lost at the last sentence)…
The bulb moves up?!?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

No I have a raised garden with 9’ between light and floor. More efficient on my back for caretaking.

Sorry, I meant the cropping bulb will start below lateral branches. And grow up in to them for a nice manifold. Hard to see in pic but it’s behind the leaf just under laterals at this point.

10 Likes

When when I transplant out of the rooter into qt pot on strains I havnt grown I like to use clear container ( I save all my construction screw box’s ) it lets me observe root development and gauge density for final pots. Nice thing is they fit right inside a black qt flower pot to block any light and prevent root rot. Arborist told me that a trees structure above ground will only spread wide and tall relative to its root growth With lateral development being around 1:1. So in turn if we take in to account we are training them just by limiting them to pots, and we plan on limiting the stretch, our goal is to create the most efficient mechanism ‘a pump’, to move water up to the tops of the plant. By growing it smaller than it would grow over a natural outdoor cycle and having a great root system. if we don’t make the stems as robust as the roots it will get rootbound and lock out because the roots are now a big sucking ball but they have no where to send the nutrients. Just what I have Learned and come to observe.

6 Likes

Day 20 : seedlings are all holding their places and well into shooting a third node, growing strong and steady laterally with short internodes. Starting to see some roots through the blue cups ( next time I do clear and cover with dark cup , easier to monitor roots). Hoping to get them in flower by end of the month.

10 Likes

Whats that mean. Sorry. Yr plants have nice thick stalks… I’ve had the same theory about watering the edges if containers after transplanting to encourage the roots to grow in search of water.

1 Like