Welcome to the Jungle

Before I run first topping at around 4-5 we’ll developed nodes I will start pinching and rolling the stalk a little every night just above the Soil line. It will create a bulge in the main stem you will not see it right away but you will feel the structure forming up. I suggest you try it on a few clones next to your others worst can happen you kill a cut or two. The idea is just like building muscle. You have to tear and damage cells to stimulate repair (growth) in the areas you want to concentrate on. Think about palm trees that have to search deep for water some have adapted with the bulges a trait. if they have a little storage tank and pump, as that tap root could be as deep as the height of the tree, they will be able to move water and nutes way up to the fronds where photosynthesis occurs more efficiently.

5 Likes

Day 21: off to the races with the seedlings. Starting third leafs almost cup wide lateral growth with good color. Seeing a few roots coming out the drain holes in cups.

Last three staggered runs of GG4 are all shooting hairs like dandelion tops. Nodes are starting to stack around 7 -8 nodes down. each plant is topped once at 4th node and have 7-8 main colas. Tallest is at around 6’ right now. Biggest are 21 days in, then 11 days, and a few in back just shooting at 6 days in.

14 Likes

Day 22: stacking close nodes and foliage coming in nicely. See root tips peeking out the cup drains. Letting the cups dry a little with a little weak tray feeding.

Did not notice in the lights that the GG is throwing trichs already at 14 days in . with the thick stems (1/4”+ at the tops) and about 9-10 nodes a start these should be some huge colas if i can get them to fill in.

last few picks are a throw away that I started a bulb on the stalk just below first break. And did second to point at lights let’s see how she handles it.

5 Likes

Fed P and K Sonic Bloom today at half strength from 9 to now I can see the buds blowing up literally.

9 Likes
  • Day 23 :

• Seeds are taking off laterally with slow but steady node development. Shooting 5th now plan on topping at 6 back to 4 to keep them squat. Moved them from LED to T-5 and they were praying to the sun god within a half hour. Dropped next run last night.

• GG4 is busting out in hairs and stacked 4-5 nodes already at 3W3D, 7W to go. Pics at lights out.

1 Like

Pfft…check this out…I’ve been working on my social distancing for years…lol

2005 Honda Civic SI…automatic…oh yeah!..need a lift?

Also…growing some killer these days…eff yeah…lol

…ballin’ out of control over here!! Lol

8 Likes

…suspension on mustang is all coil over adjustable, 1” anti sway bar, full tubular chrome molly k member and a Arms all poly bushings, 5 sp manual. Like to run some auto cross until he gets older then let his dad have it for a few years to teach him the stick.

1 Like

Day 23: according to my self quarantine calendar.

All the babies started praying to the god of photons today. Starting full nutes today, no burn or bleaching. Backing off the lights a bit. The runt red finally decided to start growing real leafs, thought it was going to be a clover mutant. I will probably grow it out to sexing on my second run.

11 Likes

Dropped the next seed fun today
Lineup is:

3 - Black Pearl (cong. X Nepal) x Skunk#1
3 - Alaskan Kush x Black Pearl
3 - Bangi Haze ( Nepal indica x Congo. Sativa landrace)

7 Likes

Bangi haze should be something different! Any idea on the flowering time for that one?

1 Like

From Ace Bangi Haze is one the fastest sativa hybrid from our collection. Its name comes from the Nepalese incense aroma that will seduce you immediately and its energetic high from the Congolese sativa. It is a compact sativa that produces dense flowers full of generous trichomes. Bangi Haze was bred and improved for indoor growing. Good adaptation to outdoor cold climates.

STRUCTURE: Compact and columnar sativa, easy to work with it.
BOUQUET: A seductive honey and liquor aroma.
POTENCY: Strong and energetic sativa effect that raises you and maintains you active.
FLOWERING: 9-10 weeks. End September/ Early October.
PRODUCTION / M2: Middle-high
GROW TYPE: Indoor/outdoor. All climates.

Also tossed 3 mystery seeds

6 Likes

Well that will be something different for sure haha. I’ve grown jungle spice a couple times which has a Congolese sativa parent and there were some very unique terps in a couple phenos.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Day 24: everything running smooth. Traded the last 6-GG4 4’ers to a bud for 10 hortilux 1000w bulbs prompting me to clean all my cooling tubes and new bulbs for the fat juicy dense finish of my 8 in flower now. Also resurrected the HPS in veg dialed back to 625w. Cleaned it all out and I have my nursery and middle school back. Trying to cut time from seed to flower at about 18-20” tall. It’s looking like around 5-5 weeks how it’s going, running some side by sides to see what happens. Any ideas appreciated. Even got the runt red to wake up and shoot a set of real leafs. Also started rolling the base of the stalks yesterday to build a bulb and get those “big bamboo” mains and branches They are all at 4 nodes, will be topping at sixth back to the forth to see how all plants handle the transition and keep them a little squat in veg.
no

rmal leafs.

9 Likes

Day 25ish (only way I can keep track anymore is my pill caddy):

Babies spent the day sunbathing in the new light up to 100% at 24” taking it well seem to be busting out now. Putting them through a few wet/dry cycles before up potting. Should be ready for a topping next week. The beldi and a mystery plant are well In the lead and MTF has fallen back and the reds are still bringing up the rear. And of course the runt hanging in there.

6 Likes

Man, are you running 2700k strips for side lighting?

No just took out t-5 top and side and fired up the 1000w hortilux super HPS to speed them up in veg. Here’s under the LED this morning can see growth daily now.

11 Likes

Yup, you’re at one or my favorite stages…daily gains!!! Okay, give me a breakdown…pot size, medium, nutes, lights, break it down for us who are just startimg to follow.

6 Likes

For anyone jumping in late, This is my first grow ever from seed, been running cuts commercial for 8 years. Ones in flower are the last of my GG4 (8) on three harvests plus a Purple Thia bag seed that’s my favorite plant. Thick, stocky, and lush.

Tray is

2-morrocann beldi Kif (hash plants)
1- Matanuska Thunder Fuck (Sx)
3 - Panama Red (S)
2 - Mystery seeds (looks like a (Sx)and a (Ix)

All new bulbs and cleaned tubes2-1250w HPS in flower, 1- in veg dim-able to 625w

Medium will be 3 part coco, 1 part happy frog, hand full extra perlite. In 5 gallon final pots.

Nutes will be AN AB veg to 2 weeks in flower. AB flower and PK boost last 6 weeks.

All plants will only have one topping and cropping of main stalk for thick base.

2 - cuts will be taken before shooting hairs for sexing and mothers

I will do general defoliation and pruning for healthy steady growth.

Possibility of some breeding and seeding landraces for trade and sharing.

I am trying to work out my veg time and seed drop schedule for 3-4 week harvests on the flip.

7 Likes

You traded 6 seeds for 10 hortilux bulbs? That’s a sweet deal (for you haha)…those things are like $100+ a pop!

4 Likes