Welcome to the Jungle

Pulling up a chair better late than never

5 Likes

Fun is just beginning Homie, going perpetual 3 week flips with various old school strains, just clearing the shelves of my medicine. Welcome.

6 Likes

Lol…ended up smoking that purple diesel a few months later…

10 Likes

Mmmmm roll me a joint of those red hairs Tappy…nice color buds, do you flush for. Color?

A few pics week and a half after re- pot watered once with weak fish emulsion. Also some foliar spray with same. Mainly a lot of LITFA.
Here’s the next run, reds are catching up. Battle between the 2 Beldia and the two mystery seeds.

9 Likes

A few more for first run 20 characters

12 Likes

Day 43: strapping up buds on the Gorillas. Calendar says they have 20 days left…:open_mouth:. Snipped a quarter ounce of the mid buds to scope and for a few testers in a few days. Converted the old fridge into a drying closet, need to go tear apart the old desk top and steal the cooling fan from it for a little air flow. All the Landrace run is on cruise control. Finally finding the sweet spot with the new Coir, incorporated 1/4 Pot happy frog to it. Have about 15 sprouts lining up behind the first group of 6. Decided to transplant the single MTF outside of its a female, should be able to finish by october. It has a huge stalk bulb but It is growing real stocky. The Thai plant thinks its fall, half the fan leafs turned yellow during days and back to green at night

15 Likes

Day 44: 6 for 6 overnight on the Jamaican and Durban drop. Got my confirmation from GLG on my Monkey Paw and. Dirty Margarita order. They are mid state so I hope it gets in soon. The Purple Thai has been a joy to grow. Left it in a 2 gallon clear pot So I could get up to speed with Sativa leaning plant before I ruin all these nice seeds I collected. Started out like a cabbage, thought it was an indica. Started to stretch her legs in flower, with topping and lights I was able to keep her around 4’ tall and manageable. With my back and hip injuries I can’t be moving 8’ plants in 80 lb pot anymore. For some reason she thinks it’s fall since last drink of water only. All old growth damn leafs have gone bright yellow, pistils are still standing tall on mid buds and starting to pull back with about 10% orange on apical tops. From what I can find it should finish around 56 days. That should put it about 20 out. Cut a few lower buds and the leafs have turned nearly black with bright orange hairs. Probably give her nutes and PK boost once more then water only til finish to see if I can pull a nice color show out of her…:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Day 46: more seeds dropped including Jamaican , Durban Poison (@lefthandseeds ) and supposedly original cut of Monkey Paw ( old Michigan strain) x Brutal Kush ( Katsu Bubba Kush x Tom Hill’s Deep Chunk. Can’t wait to get a taste it’s been over 30 years since I had the real deal.

Curing cabinets working like a charm bumping the fresh buds down to 60RU before I store in jars. I like That i won’t have to hang “dry” it first and think it will get it there in under 2 weeks with all the terps sealed in.

Thai plant is starting to stack and build bulk. Hair getting swallowed up by the fat cones. Fan leafs turning gold. The samples I clipped turned almost black and the hairs Bright orange. Gonna give her a good flush next two feedings to bring out the purple.

13 Likes

Day 47: Time to make room for the morrocans and Panama Red, along with a few mystery seeds. When I pulled the pipe cleaner belts off they tipped their roots from the pot

from weight.

Chopped three of the 7 remaining Gorillas. First full run for the curing cabinet. The Thai girl looks like she will go another week or so. The other Gorillas are two weeks apart and two weeks out. Next two should give me as much as these three did, both are bigger and thicker stalks.

15 Likes

A few more and the cabinet…full, less than a oz. of larf and great bud to leaf ratio, easy peasy trim job.

16 Likes

Nice man. ,those gorillas look tastey. Awesome I’ll be following along.

2 Likes

Day 52: Everything is on cruise control. 7 plants made it into the jungle. Have another dozen making third nodes on 50% 1250 MH and a dozen or so sprouts under LED. Spending the day trimming buds, starting at tops and working my way down. Cure fridge is working GREAT 3 1/2 days and they are at 64% RU. Taking all the sugar leaf for hash oil. Real good bud to leaf ratio. GG4 plays hell on trimmers and don’t even try to grind it. Great if you like finger hash too. Theses are just the top foot of main tops, still have mids and popcorn…:+1:t3::heart_eyes:.

14 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck: and some more :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Popcorn anyone?? Gotta pull a baggy and pay the landscaper…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

And the middle chunks…smoked one at lunch and just coming down, dank as dank can be roach was dripping sweet clove honey with a little pine.

11 Likes

Do you think I offend the sprouts by dissecting their cousins in front of them?

11 Likes

The fridge cured it down to 64%RU in 3.5 days hang. Leafs never got crunchy flavor and smell were sealed in with the closed environment. Normally it takes me near 2 weeks to get this kind of cure in jars alone and I spend all kinds of time bumping it down by burping the jars. I have RU meters in all jars will check stability in the morning.
I’m sure most of you guys have an old fridge or freezer from the kids college days. Only modification is the potentiometer won’t let you dial it down to 50 - 65 degrees. So what do we do? What any grower would do…Put a timer On it! Set to 30 minutes per hour…just adjust fridge at the end of a cycle to get it dialed in.

I mainly thought of this while I was sprouting and labeling all the sprouts. How am I gonna get my cure time to fit a 3-4 week perpetual and keep plants organized after chop.

6 Likes

Day 60 or 8w4d: Back to work and the perpetual is on a never ending roll. Been procuring more seeds to keep it fresh. Everything in dirt (18 strains counted today :crazy_face:) is doing well. Looks like both Moroccans are male, or wheat plants. Things stretched over a foot in a week, going to wait a while to do a re-run. the green one took 4 days longer to show. All other plants are looking female and mostly Sativa. I may do some lower branches on them all with the big Purple Beldia pollen for practice, make a lemon into some lemonade. That would give me 2 mystery x’s, Panama Red x Beldia and MTF x Beldia for round one. Up for the next round are the Black Pearl from Mr. Nice, crosses I was gifted. Have not heard back from the gifter in over a month, had been scheduled for surgery that got cancelled. Just hoping all is well with him and wanted to say thanks for starting my collection, OGon brother they are being shared.

Black Pearl x MTF
Black Pearl x Alaskan Kush
Black Pearl x Skunk#1
2-Bangi Haze (Ace)

15 Likes

9W3D: things running smooth, back to work for a week and been rained out 4 days. Last two GG4 have been outside for a week finishing (trying to kill them).
Took the chopper two the mystery and small Beldia males. Put the Big Purple Bleeder in the barn quarantine tent, glad I had him out of Jungle because a few pods were popped. Can someone jump in and tell me how to collect the pollen for breeding and sharing??? I have been wanting to learn, no time like the present. Besides with the 3-4 week flips and 22 strains will have a lot of chances for some interesting x’s and preservation. Have 7 more Beldia so I wouldn’t bother unless this wasn’t a special male. I had to put a hoop And bamboo around it 3 days in flower. And it’s the one that bled dark purple when topped.
2-Panama Reds
1-MTF
1-Mystery (please post your guesses as she matures, leaning heavy Sativa , usual suspects are BP, WW, MTF, G-13, GT)
Put next run in the lower shelves under 12/12 to acclimate and sort out males, repotted from 8oz cups to 3 gallon pots for the duration. Also topped most of them.
4-AK x BP
2-Skunk#1 x BP
2-Ace Bangi Haze
2-Purple Thai (extra clones from mother)

Mother Thai is chopped with a week cure cocooned in the sugars. Very oily bud, it’s going to take 3 weeks for a good cure on it but I had to pull a tester and clean up a bud to see those orange hairs.

On baby watch here for my GD Ellison, I picked 5/20/2020 so pops might win the Pool!!!.

15 Likes

@DesertGrown think it should be called Chunky Paw, all three looking indica, have 3 more in sprout, @Pawsfodocaws is not able to run at the moment. Still leaves me half a dozen to search for a Sativa leaner.
Next to them is the BM x LB x CG looking very Jamaican. Thanks Allora!

Have 3 of four 70’s re-mix going strong and looking indica at the moment. Next to them are a few @lefthandseeds Triple Durban, with a few in pods behind them.
Also the freaky little gull wing leafed Dirty Girl x Strawberry Hawaiian, small seeds and have allready lost two to runts. Have another 3 down, gonna let them sprout more in the germ dome this time. Uploading: 3FA6D41D-741E-4990-995E-B48C95AAAB70.jpeg… Uploading: 91162228-D8CC-49C5-9555-200CC521BF14.jpeg… Uploading: 1C6865E5-D90A-40F4-A6AF-459FDD96BBD9.jpeg…

14 Likes