Welcome to the Jungle

Been rolling orange hair joints of the Purple Thai tester every night as it air cures down, just been shaving off the drier outter layer. Wife got off half day and took two hits of my lunch doobie. Two and out, she went in to take a shower and came out ten minutes later bone dry and asked what was in that joint? Super trippy as it cures daily, smoke is smoothing out. The abundant oils are sinking in and buds are very dense I can see why we thought it was dipped in hash oil/opium, tons of orange hair when I trim the sugar leaf back. Going to give the rest at least another week (3) before I do final trim for curing. Locking everything up at 65%RU in case I want to press it.

6 Likes

11W2D ( sounds and feels like I am counting down a prison sentence, during Covid-19. One bright shining point has given me hope. On 5/25/20 my oldest daughter gave birth to a new 8lb 1ozzie Granddaughter named Ellison Pearl. Both were home and away from the hospital the following day happy and healthy. we have done hard quarantine for the last month to be able to see the baby and help her out.

On to something completely different…

Planted 3 clones out behind the Barn Saturday, Sunday two were up rooted and gone the other had a trench around the edge of my hole but the best plant was left untouched, Ace Panama Red leaning heavy to the Landrace side. Needless to say my mind has gone FULL Bill Murray!!! I put a tomato cage around it last night and all is good. Been going out there to piss rings around them when I’m working in the shop. I’m actually thinking Fox as I have seen 2 kits playing in the back tree line. Was thinking wiring the cage to my motion sensor to give them a little tweak in the nose if they try and stick it in the cage.

Perpetual is rolling along, except for germination, damn peat pods too dense tap roots curling back up. Also they were cold in An 83 degree veg room? Put them all in starter soil and humidity cups. May lose about 15 seeds if they don’t kick in. No more pods!!! Other plants are kicking ass and on cruise control. Culled 3 makes today, both Bangi Haze from Ace and an MTF, so I will probably do a seed preservation run if I have two Females. At the least I will hit some lowers to replenish the old stock Alaskan Seed Cache genetics. Moved my Monkey Paws into 12/12 they are showing the Tom Hill Deep Chunk in them, how yours doing @DesertGrown?

I Did get a winner in the Ace Panama Red, two females, two pheno . Big one is showing the landrace in the triple red blend other is wider leafed like a Sativa heavy x. The stem rub is lemon and pine. I pulled a mother off the landrace one and didn’t notice that one of the two clones had a three branch per node star pattern. Looking at the mother that was topped once I see only one of the two apical branches has the triplets? Leafs are like darts on the new growth and upper 2/3.
Gotta fly, peace out all and feel free to jump in, feel like I am talking to myself. Triple Durban are from @lefthandseeds, BM x LB x CG are from @AllOra. 70’s Remix are compliments of @Pawsfodocaws. Thanks a lot guys let’s overgrow this joint .

13 Likes

Congrats man! You must be very excited.

Durbans look very happy so far! :+1:

6 Likes

I’m having a somewhat disappointing start to my grow season so far.

All 3 of the Brutal Paw seeds germinated and not one seedling looked sativa in the least… they all resembled Deep Chunk. That’s not the bad part… the bad part is, I set all the seedlings I had at the time outside so I could do some cleaning inside my grow shed. It’s not a real big area and I take up a lot of space and knock stuff over at times and it needed some attention, pronto.

So, while the seedlings were outside, there was a large blackbird fight in my backyard over the birdbath and two of those douche-bag birds hopped over by my plants and started plucking out seedlings… they picked them out at random and for no apparent reason.

I lost 2 Brutal Paw, 3 Blue Dream, 3 Vicious Passions (Fruity Pebbles x Blue Dream), 2 Anesthesia, 1 Black Mountain Mary and 1 BioDiesel seedlings. No plants or clones were messed with, just the seedlings. I always have all kinds of birds in my backyard, but they’ve never done that before, they normally don’t go around my plants… just the house finches & hummingbirds looking for insects to eat.

Time to start some more seeds to replace those lost.

7 Likes

Damn that sucks, all chunked here too, I did find a great Landrace leaning Panama to throw back at the Paw this run. Gonna order another pack of seeds, they were 20.00 off the other day. Mine went in flower Friday, waiting to see them stretch, not against Indicas learners. My Purple Thai was the same way early and switched to Sativa for the second half. I had two of my outdoor clone plants dug up and stolen. Left the Panama though with a trench started around it. Put a tomato cage around it so far so good. Also the big mystery girl appears to be all Sativa, now to get everyone to guess what it is?

Panama stem rub is pure pine and lemons.

2 Likes

Both surviving Bangi are males, think I have one more seed. May use one to pollinate some Panama red branches. Found that landrace leaning Panama red. Trip leafs per node and darts for leafs. One mother that I will hold for a while.

10 Likes

Awwww ! Dammit ! Thats a tough one. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Blackbirds are assholes…not blue jay level but they’re up there haha

That’s a sweet panama red pheno I had a GSC that did the same thing with 3 nugs at each node, it’s like buy 2 get 1 free :+1: What do you think the flowering time will be for that?

4 Likes

I’m hoping she will pass on the trait, either way she is heavier on the pure Sativa than the other, showed faster and is still stretching at 5 feet. I put the second clone outside let’s see if they get as big as Ace says…

3 Likes

Me thinks it the Fox clan in the back 40…gonna try and ward them off by smell before I go electric cages…:rage:

4 Likes

It’s supposed to be 65+ I believe, Ace is a tree way cross of reds, other red is looking like a Sativa heavy x the trips one is looking all landrace, top leafs are thin spears. It’s fastest plant too. I have a clone outside, let’s see if it gets as big as they say…:sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

Oh ya that things gonna beast out for sure. 65+ is way shorter than I would have thought, pretty standard really…I would have guessed 100+ haha

1 Like

Looking all Sativa and stacking popcorn top fast, the Mystery Plant on the other hand is a foot taller and even sharper leafs. All the guy wrote was “mixed Old stock, grow these and see what comes up.with about 20 seed in it”. Thus one looks like it may go 100. May be Black Pearl or Golden Tiger, I know he worked with both those strains.

8 Likes

Anyone have any interest in pollen from the Purple bleeding Moroccan Beldia, have had him outside for a few weeks in quarantine. Walked past yesterday and my nose started running like a faucet. He was spooging all over himself. Chopped it and shook it out in a large zip and put it in the fridge with stalks still in to collect any more.!

ohhhhh yeah, that’s Big Red in the cage, the lone survivor of the fox attack. Have not seen them since I marked my territory. Have a few clones to put in the other holes with cages. I’m thinking another Purple Thai and a GG4 both should finish at 42N.

9 Likes

Looks like I lost around 15 seeds to some bad peat pods, replanted in happy frog but no lick yet (4days). That’s two rounds behind on the perpetual. Dropped another dozen and have 6 tapped in soil. Viet Black x Romulan, Crazy Train, Nepalese, Royal Purple Thai, GG4 F1.

4 Likes

W12 - not much going on. Trying to stop killing seeds. it’s been 90 during days here all week, Time to flip light schedule to evenings for better temp control. just gonna have to move the timers an hour a day over a Few weeks so not to stress them.
Put one of my Panama clones out back and didn’t even think I took her from 24/0 to 15/9, seems fine so far, loving light and rain water. Hope it don’t herm, what’s done is done. Have a black pearl Sativa fem and one of 2 70’s mix that look a little more to indica side of x. Hoping shorter one will be female, as the havnt shown yet, may push it in flower for a week to show then decide, hate to waste a male outside. Fathers that I’m holding now are
2- bangi haze / no fems
1- MTF so far
1- skunk #1 x Black Pearl

Fems are
2- AK x Black Pearl
2 - Skunk#1 x Black Pearl
2 - Purple Thai And Panama Red clones, branches dusted with bangi, Beldia and Skunk1x

7 Likes

This will be the next pollen donor, we will see if I can get collection and storage right this time around. Thanks to @Trowertripper for bailing me out with a batch of some dank fresh pineapple Thia that can be smelled through a zip. I will be sending some to all who asked for the Beldia after I paint a few branches of my Purple Thai with it.

3 Likes

W14D1 : image|375x500

6 Likes

Pictures of @lefthandseeds Triple Durban to come today at repot 1 going to flower and 1 going outside. Also some picks of the Afghani Kush x Black pearl. I have graded out a lot of these seeds I believe them to be F3 as I know he had talked of several pheno hunts with his buddy dropping 10.
Very nice plant , no where near as stretchy as it’s mother. Buds are more clumpy than the 80% Sativa spiraling, , round dark leaf buds with a conical Kola. Tent growers should really like them for SCROG beautifully thick side branching.
Three weeks in flower. Have two Thai clones (structure sucks on cuts, seeds had perfect symmetry. Got 3 female Brutal Monkey paw, so one will be multi hit with pollen for some More Sativa genes like bangi haze, MTF have two males and a female so I will repopulate some seeds from Alaskan Seed Cache.

13 Likes

nice color buds, do you flush for. Color?
Is that possible ? Never heard of this, but I’d like to hear more about it

1 Like