Welcome to the Jungle

Most of the things I’m working now are in Blue and Purple lines, I keep my lights out temp below 70, no flush, just a P&K boost after week7 of flower until chop.
Really most plants will show more color at the end if you trick them into thinking it’s fall, cut back nutes, cooler temps, take them into drought defensive growth. Mine have shown much better colors since I started watering from wet to dry cycle, do not water until I can pick a 3 gallon up easily one handed. Then slowly give it a quart of feed and let sit for half hour, give it another and let settle repeat until you just start getting run off from all drains. Empty tray and never bottom feed. I water Wednesday evening and Sunday religiously all plants take around 1 gallon so I mix exactly what I need.

3 Likes

I call those my sweetheart bends! I curved the stem like I’m trying to turn it into one side of a heart. Break down cell walls to rebuild stronger.

1 Like

Explain. Drying weed in a refrigerators? Wouldn’t that get pretty humid? Teach me homie

2 Likes

Any new pics of that one? Somehow missed yr reply 3 weeks ago. Sorry.

Old fridge, put small clamp fan inside. You have to get the fridge to hang between 50-65 degrees, potentiometers will usually not go that low so I put it on a timer as warmer weather came I had to bump it from half hour on half off to 45/15. Stuck a cheap weather station in it so I can monitor temp and humidity. I also cure with all sugar leaf on ( necessity when growing Glue.) then do final trim after cure, acts like a cocoon to protect inner Bud from curing too fast. I like minimum of two weeks cure down to stable 60 RU inside jars. Stored above 55 your cure will continue and not lose potency for a year or more (do not store in fridge. Jars go in cool dark foot locker once locked a 60.

5 Likes

Here you go @Upstate just this morning and a clone going outside from 6” 6/1.
Also the Big black pearl inside and out.

13 Likes

6/1 at 6” clones

10 Likes

nice tomato plants

4 Likes

Fox kits dug up 2-3 first planting so the Black Pearl and Purple Thai are a week and a half behind Big Red at 3’ and starting to push after a topping. 10’ by Oct???

2 Likes

Jungle is cruising along with the above scheduled to be harvested in the next 4 weeks or so as they get a bit amber. Up and comers are Vietnamese Black (1), Dirty Margarita (2), Blue Mountain x Lambsbreath x Columbian Gold (3),Triple Durban from @lefthandseeds.
(1/1), and two 45 year old seeds from 3 of the 70’s re-mix from @Pawsfodocaws which are both girls.

With things on cruise control I dug around the shop and through the recyclables to throw together a test to run during the SOLO CUP Challenge. Mainly focused on getting the too 12” for flower quicker so anything better than that is a win.

Theory: (Based on car motor producing power)
Anything that takes in Air, fuel, and combust (synthesizes) it to produce energy is theoretically is an engine.
So. If you Increase air and oxygen (turbo, blower boost), fuel Octane (nutes and water), combustion (photosynthesis) you will increase growing power.

Iq am running three blind test samples against the seeds I have dropped for the start of the challenge
3-Durban Thai Highflyer II x C-99 (2/3 ) in cubes with 1/4”+ tails.
4-Purple Thai (4/4)
3-Afghani kush purp x Black Pearl. (3/3)p

Control A: Blue tags
Dropped 14 days ahead
2-Acapulco Gold
2-Uncle Fester Skunk #18

Control B: 1 week ahead in cubes and live soil
2-Lemon Skunk
2-Maui Wowie
2-Poisonous Maui
2-Kona

Control C: dropped at same time as Control C in candy jar bubblers and Rockwool cubes.
1-Lemon Skunk
1-Maui Wowie
1-Poisonous Maui
1-Kona

Secondary thought was to treat sprouts like clones until they are ready for flower

Goal:

1. Control C will grow more rapidly than sister Control B.
  2. Control C will catch and surpass Control A (allready tied if not ahead at week and a half)

I’ve ordered some materials for revision 4 of the bubblers with micro rounds for better air intake, 5 32oz candy jars, 60gal bubbler with 5 head anti backflow manifolds. Nice thing is it’s portable so I’ve taken advantage of great sun for all Controls all week.

nutes arrived Today for all
Veg -1 part Urban Farms Texas Tomato Food thru third week of flower (if they make it)
Flower: 1 part Urban Farms Garden OF Eden Bloom.

May even run some AN I have laying around against it also, and my normal Organics as third.

9 Likes

Good stuff man. Looks like you have some things down on dial. Nice selection of strains, keep em growing. I love the mini dwc setups. Those are real slick. Hope you get some :fire: :sunglasses: :sun_with_face: from and for all those!!! All the best to you in the contest!!

Stay kind,

Pawsfodocaws

3 Likes

Thank brother I already know that 70’s stuff is gonna be the bomb and a blast from the past.

3 Likes

People will be envious ha. Smoking bud from the 70s era. Thats so cool. Im so happy they still germed, when I tested them 8/10. Nice rate for such a bunch of old seeds. Epic, thats all I have to say…

Stay kind

5 Likes

Ok here’s today’s update on the seed to flower experiment. 7/10 on seed drop are pushing helmets in cubes, should be ready for cups tomorrow.

Also a pic of Control A vs Control C, I’d say took one week for them to surpass growth of normal process. Usually takes 5-6 weeks to reach the 20-24” threshold depending on strain. Shooting for around 3 weeks from seed too 12”.

I have materials to make the Mark V version for the cup challenge seeds and to keep these running for test in the Mark IV

8 Likes

Getting ready to move Control C to the new mini tubs without the solo cups to see if the accelerated growth continues. I made 10 - 32oz DWC that will use a 6oz cup to hold medium.

These babies are 8 days out of towels!!

I also made a 13’ planter box to replace a pressure treated one that weighed 300# without soil (fell off). Damn thing was wrapped in Galvanized too with copper pipe for drain holes. This weighs about 60# dry and I’m giving him a coco mix that should keep wet weight down.

6 Likes

Moved things around for tomorrow’s drop in the Solo Cup. Made a 10 jar mini rig as things seem to be working and I wanted to get the test plants on the new nutes. All of the seeds were sprouted in the same batch and for the test plants I chose median out of 3 for each strain. Had you split open the Kona because it stretched beyond its stalk strength, humidity dome to see if it comes back. All of these plants are starting their ninth day from putting into towels.

8 Likes

Been thinking of another system for flowering from 1’ . Saw a thread on a big columnar grow and my new “as seen on TV” shop light made me think of the thread. Not looking to get into 8’ x 6’ tubes but like the DWC is like to see if a mini version is possible with off the shelf stuff. So here’s what we have to start .

5 Likes

Had some time for the base and top last night.

6 Likes

Decided on 4 1 gallon pots for first test with living soil and clones at around 6”. Want fast growing and viney plants have to see what I have in the rapid rooter. Need to make the trellace insert tonight and flip the lights around on the housing so they are a little more compact.

5 Likes

Ok started tinkering in 90+ weather, think I have it ready for some 1 gallon potted plants for a test run. Only things I have ready in clone and guaranteed fems are 2 Monkey paw which Veg’s like deep chunk and Panama red Which I have 2 harvesting this weekend and a 4’r outdoors that should make 10’ by October. And a Lone Grape Romulan I have breeding plans for. Gonna call my bud and get a few long cuts of GG4 back off my plants. Anything that will SCROG good should lay a 26 sq ft carpet of buds in a 4 sq ft, footprint.

2 Likes