WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

In a lighted space (like when I benched tested it trying to get it to work with the Inkbird Humidifier Controller) only the on/off button in the very middle of the top visibly lights up. ‘I think’ it is just that one light. I’ll have to look at it closer.

I don’t mean to presume. IF I’m picking up the direction you’re heading towards winky, IF you’re thinking I should just go in to the unit and unplug that light, that is a consideration - BUT, it’s really the only thing that lets you know it’s even on. That thing is quiet. Barely a whir even with your ear right next to it.

I think it is just that one light intended to just light up the on/off button (lighting up) that is just bleeding the extra light underneath it. I think.

However, IF I can safely get it apart, I may be able to shield the light from there.

Again, I don’t mean to presume. Is that where you were ‘possibly’ heading?

I do thank you for the discussion, my friend…you got me thinking in a direction I had not considered.

I only say that last part because when I had it on the bench I did not see anything that would indicate it would be easy to disassemble. Nothing like that caught my eye. I don’t recall even seeing a screw anywhere on it. I did not look in the recess where the accumulation tank is. Nor did I flip it over to even look at the bottom.

Again - thank you, brother! tup

WHAB

4 Likes

If it is just the switch, you could pull the whole switch and mount it remotely, outside your room. Then you’ll know if it’s on or off and the light won’t be a bother.
:wink:

4 Likes

My mind went to disconnecting the light if it’s not to difficult. It dose look like a lot of light.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea! I’ll look in to that!

Thank you for that, my friend! tup

You rockon, @Rhino_buddy tup

48 ,
WHAB

2 Likes

This Lonove MD752 does not have ‘auto-restart’. IF I were to lose power I wouldn’t easily know if the dehumidifier was on or not without the light.

I do appreciate your suggestion, friend! tup

You rockon, @LilJonB tup

rollitup,
WHAB

3 Likes

Put masking tape over the light cover until you can tell it’s on but not dispersing light into your grow area. One layer, 2,3 or whatever it takes to make that happen……

3 Likes

Hey @Oldjoints, old friend!

Thank you for the assist. tup

I did put some aluminum tape over the Blue on/off button. I thought to myself - “Self, I said, that ought to fix that problem!” Not even close, I was! ROFLMAO

But that entire top - that is Blue in the dark - is the air inlet.

How can I tape that air inlet up and still have it function as a dehumidifier? I’m keen to hear if you care to elaborate further?

I do appreciate ALL the help and am open to ANY and all ideas!

Sincerely,
WHAB

4 Likes

There isn’t an option to turn off the night light?
:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I know right. I wouldn’t be able to sleep with all that light. It’s bright enough for a light show. It would put a Pink Floyd laser show to shame :laughing::rofl:

5 Likes

A little surgery, clip out the LED.

Some of these jokers doing design work these days just leave me shaking my head…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hello @G-paS wavy

Good to see you posting again!

No, not that I know of. The only things that can be changed relate to noise. It has a “Sleep” mode to make it quieter.

Thank you for interest and participation in the discussion, friend!

WHAB

2 Likes

That light is the only indication the unit is running.

Regarding it running, I’m not sure it is running now. It was keeping RH at 50%. Now, right this minute, it is showing 66% shocked cantlook

I have noticed that since I moved it, it has not deposited even one drip in the catch bucket.confused2

I’m going to have to go check on it.

Yeah, engineers don’t often see it from the users end - no matter what it is they are producing. I’ve seen it in everything from household products to automobiles to motorcycles to multi-million dollar aircraft. unhappytdn Strange!

Thank you, too, for your participation, friend! tup

rockon ,
WHAB

2 Likes

Just getting back around to this. This is the first time I had a chance to put one focused in under the microscope. When I looked at it that day I didn’t see wings. Now it’s obvious.

You nailed it!

Bugs 0007 06252021

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

Well, the Lonove MD752 Dehumidifier is running. PullHair

confused2,
WHAB

1 Like

Late morning entry…

RH came down 6% for some reason, I don’t know why. I had the zipper door open when I spent about 1-1/2 hours cleaning the Girls up.

It looks like I’m going to have to get another, better Dehumidifier. One with auto-restart that I can match up with the Inkbird Humidity Controller.

I am looking at the Inofia HD161A. It has a built in Drain Hose and has Auto-Restart. It says it can pull 4 gallons a day out of a space up to 1,056sf.

The good side of the Girls is looking and smelling amazing. The weak side are weak and less than amazing! biggrin

The organic material in the bucket is smushed down by a good bit. I pulled a bunch out of there! It could use a little more work.

I struggled to stand up in the back of the space but I did. I can see from there I should be able to install that wire across the ceiling to hang the Yo-Yo’s from. I wasn’t sure IF I would be able to.

Also, what I did most of yesterday. Not most, but a good bit of the day. It’s an old Hein-Werner 1-1/2 ton bottle jack. It belongs to my Chiropractor.

I accidentally clipped a bud…

And, I was messing with the brightness of the LED’s on the T Takmly microscope and I’m getting better images. There are some cloudy trichomes.

Flower Day 40…

The Res as I walked up to it a little while ago.

pH 6.0.

E.C. 4.0 (2000ppm on 500 scale). That’s rather high, imo.

I just mixed and added to the Reservoir 10 gallons of nutes and brought that number down to an E.C. of 3.6 (1800ppm on 500 scale). Still rather high, imo…but, it is to the exact Mega Crop recipe for Late Flower - to include Bud Explosion.

I also brought the pH down to 5.7.

Make it a great day! tup

I’ll try and get some pictures of the Girls with Lights Out later on today!

48 ,
WHAB

3 Likes

I’m still not sure that’s a lacewing. It’s head is funny looking. And it’s wing to body ratio seems off. Still kinda makes me think leaf hopper. I don’t have a size comparison, but I think lacewings are usually quite a bit larger than that guy. Maybe he’s just a babe though. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey WHAB, you think you would be able to score another one of those water cooler coils? I would pay you of course. Or if you could walk me through getting one. I’m not afraid of work.

1 Like

Then I may have credited the wrong post winky

This critter…

Bugs 0007 06252021

…is approximately 3/16ths inch. IF I had to pin a number to it I’d say it is 5/32nds inch.

I’ll try to wrangler another one and see IF I can figure out how to use the sizing card they sent with the microscope.

I have some Farm matters to attend to and I’ll get back to it as soon as I can.

Thank you for your participation in this discussion, friend! tup

rockon,
WHAB

1 Like

I’ll help in any way that I can, brother @LilJonB!

From my time searching for them, most commenters exclaim that they find them at garage sales, mostly.

Craigslist is another great source for them. Sometimes for free.

They are referred to as Office Water Cooler. That should be your search term. Not a Water Dispenser. A water dispense does not cool water.

IF you were to PM/DM me the city nearest where you live I’ll help you search in your area.

Again, I’ll help in any way that I am able to.

48 ,
WHAB

3 Likes

My brother says he might have access to one. Thanks for the offer.

2 Likes