WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Looks to only have Wood or Masonry settings, not Soft or Hard Wood.

Gonna have my Macular Pucker follow-up appointment.

I’ll be back in a few hours.

Thank you, friend!,
WHAB

1 Like

I lied. I should have said I’d be back in several hours! I got back about an hour ago. That was a day! winky

New spectacles on the way. The vision in my left eye has worsened, just since my last appointment 6 months ago. frown

I ran through ‘Town’ to buy the Oil Pressure Sensor the mechanic suggested was the cause of my Low Oil Pressure Indicated issue.

While I found that in my research I thought it more likely to be the O-ring on the Oil Pick-Up Tube in the Oil Pan.

I’ll go with this fix first as it is the easier ‘next step’. As difficult as it will be, just simply by being where it is on the 2002 LS1, it looks to be vastly easier than the O-ring in the Oil Pan.

Cost of the Oil Pressure Sensor? $61.99

Cost of the SPECIAL Purpose 1-1/16 Inch Deep Socket to Remove and then Install this $61.99 part? $12.99

O’Reilly’s does offer a Veteran Discount tup

I just looked for the part on the engine and I don’t see it. I know exactly where it should be and I don’t see it. I went and got my super-powered Head-Lamp and I still don’t see it.

I’ve decided I’d rather try and do the work myself than to pay someone $150+ for what I have always done myself.

IF I fail, I needed to buy the part and the special purpose socket for the mechanic anyway.

I’m going to follow this guidance…it reads well!

The instructions do read like they’re extremely possible and doesn’t unnecessarily remove pieces and parts that don’t have to be removed. Some folks mention removing the Air Intake Manifold. Pretty much remove the Top of the Engine and More.

Now I just have to squeeze in to everything else I need to get done! tup ROFLMAO

And, my Thought Process Machine is running scenarios regarding what I’m going to have to lay on top of the stuff in the Engine Compartment to Squeeze Myself IN TO said Engine Bay to access the back of the engine compartment! ROFLMAO

Then, I have to plan for my recuperation! winky ROFLMAO

Now, where was I?

ROFLMAO

Oh…Back to Trimming! winky

Oh…now that I think of it. I’m starting to question the accuracy of this Taylor Scale. Last night there was a approximate 11 gram variation facepalm

Cannabis specific Weight Scale recommendations are welcomed! tup

tup,
WHAB

1 Like

You all saw where I left things.

This is where we are at right now.

Both of the 1 Ounce Grove Bags were showing 75% RH before I opened the bag.

I put 2 of the Mini-Hygrometers in the 1/4lb Grove Bag just to check against each other. Also this was before I opened the bag…

Next images are the Bud, then the Stalk that Bud is directly attached to…2 image per test. The 2 1 ounce bags then the 1 large bag…

I’m going to leave the bags opened AND put them all in a box right in front of the Window A/C my brother gave me tup

Thank you for the heads-up, my old friend - @Oldjoints I appreciate ya! tup

I was really concerned when I saw how dry they were last night.

The RH in the living space is holding at around 45% (according to the Mini-Hygrometers on my desk), so there is no chance of them staying too wet.

Thanks again, brother! tup

Back at it! tup

Edit Add: Not sure how I double posted but I did! facepalm ROFLMAO I’ve edited the double post out.

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

Once you get things down to 12% it should smoke to a white ash. If the ash is blackish it still isn’t dry enough.
And just a reminder, the raspberry cough is a bit harsh without a proper cure. It will have to cure for at least a month and much better at two months so I would start smoking the blueberry first. Yes it gets better with a longer cure also but it smokes a lot better then the RC without the longer cure. Plus I think you will like that strain better as it is more Indica.
If you need some help making hash hit me up as I am pretty good at it.
You did enjoy the hash I sent you home with last time you were here didn’t you?

4 Likes

Thank you, brother! I will keep your words in mind as I move through this process.

I expect to go for a long cure on all of it. Or, at least until my store bought so-so (according to visible Trichome maturity) Cannabis runs out! winky

Also, for Hash-making plans! Thank you!

And, yes, I specifically mentioned my enjoying the product without mentioning your name. I wasn’t sure at that time if you would mind my mentioning you gifting me that great smoke.

Thank You! tup

rockon,
WHAB

1 Like

Gotta love good hashish……

This is a small chunk I’m working on today….

4 Likes

Yes, sir!

I’ve ‘always’ enjoyed our concentrated forms of our herb.

Just as long as I have a spot to occupy on this planet for a while! winky

Honey Oil is another one. Man, that stuff is amazing1

That looks great, my friend!

smokeit2,
WHAB

1 Like

I have been considering making a rig for honey oil again. I am sure I eventually will but not until this summer is over as I am turning those plates on a stick also…….
Pollinating some girls soon and getting my veg room back up and going with fresh strains and so on and on……

2 Likes

I don’t recall exactly how Honey Oil is made.

I do know there are some processes involved in some of the concentrates and they have my scared to even attempt it. I don’t scare easily winky

That’s just me…

As always, I look forward to seeing what you have going on, my friend! allhail winky

WHAB

I asked for recommendations for a Cannabis specific scale here and on another site.

An old friend on another site reminded me of Ohaus scales.

I had completely forgot about Ohaus scales. Man, it’s been forever since I’ve seen one … and even longer since I’ve used one.

I just pulled the trigger on the Ohaus 1650-W0 off of Ebay - $159 (free shipping).

I tried my best to reconcile my needs against my costs and to balance them out in this short time.

I need accuracy in everything I do. It’s just a part of me.

That being said. I just filled up with gas yesterday. I have all the parts (and tools) I’ll need to fix my car (including what I bought yesterday) - with me doing the work. The Kubota is fixed.

I’m not likely to find another brand new (unused) Ohaus 1650-W0 at that price again - less than 1/2 the going rate.

I was expecting the “4 day” delivery they advertised. I guess they don’t count the weekends?!?! facepalm ROFLMAO

Thank you again, my friends, for reminding me again what the Gold Standard in weighing our herb has always been - Ohaus.

No Batteries Required! winky

Thank you ALL! tup

WHAB

1 Like

Here is a tutorial on how to make it. I posted this a long time ago. The guy does a good job of explaining the process with some helpful tips:

3 Likes

That does look very interesting! He does explain it in great detail.

Thank you for the link, brother!

IF or when you decide to tip your toes back in the concentrate pool I’d be keen to observe the process, if you’re willing to have me observe (or need help?)

Lot’s of up-front costs - but the results are amazing!

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

For some reason, I thought people had stopped using them.

3 Likes

For some reason, I had too! biggrin

When I was in the slingin’ world it’s all we all used.

Everything I bought was bought off an Ohaus.

That was a ‘long’ time ago winky

Except for the footprint, they do need a stable base to rest on, I don’t see a down side to buying a triple beam scale.

The pocket scale that went South on me a few months ago was a great little, trustworthy scale - I had it for a very long time. But, it did go South on me. I still don’t know why.

The one I bought to replace it was an emergency purchase - I needed something right then.

With it needing to be recharged at inopportune times and its apparent inaccuracies prove it to be a bad buy - a waste of money!

When I saw a 11gram variation in its results it further proved that point. I can’t trust it. I saw vagaries in it the entire time I’ve used it. I had to reset Tare multiple times in just one session of use, weighing nutrients.

I’m looking forward to using a great device again!

People still use “tablecloths”? winky

fly2,
WHAB

2 Likes

You should check out the rosin press @ReikoX has made and documented. Way safer to extract rosin than dealing with butane. I’ll look for the link. :wink:

Somewhere in there. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

None of my younger friends trust balance scales…LOL! As long as a US nickel is still 4.9-5.0 grams and a fresh US dollar bill is still a gram…I don’t care about balance vs. digital. Trust but verify…

I think my first was a postage balance with an alligator clip on one side, my best and most accurate scale was a traded for, digital scale from the Labs at UC Santa Barbara, accurate to a thousandth of a gram. Now use electronic 50$ scales from a local head shop. Don’t sell anything anymore, only use scales to gauge my grow efficiency!

3 Likes

Used my friend’s quadruple beam for a big batch of butter the other day…

1 Like

I still have and use my triple beams.

4 Likes

Wow, triple beams are idiot proof(ish) AND they don’t need batteries! :sunglasses: :+1:
I’m always double checking my electronic strain gauge scales, must be an age thing :rofl:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hello my friend!

I have seen bits and pieces of @Reiko rosin work here in my wanderings, I haven’t dived into it for lack of time…and, I am nowhere near setting up ‘another’ enterprise winky

Thank you for contributing to the discussion, brother!

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes