WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Well, that was more difficult than I expected!

Well, that went better than I expected!

winky

They’re all in.

They all had very healthy roots except for the runt, the one between the camera and the control bucket. That’s the one that was hiding when I misspoke the other day about survivors.

Most had very white roots, again, except for the runt. I did trim all the roots back. Most still reached the bottom of their buckets. I think the runt was the only one that didn’t.

I’m going to manually cycle the system right now.

The pictures are finally available - weird!

Just one right now, the happy family except for that one trouble maker! ROFLMAO

The 2 on the far left are Afghan Kush, the other 4 or Bubba Kush.

I think I’m going to bring the 5 LED light bars from the Loft for a day or two, to get the Girls acclimated and to recover before I pour the coal to them! winky

tokie then manual cycle. rollitup

Things went really well, except for my back. I almost talked myself into taking a day off - not a joke. But, generally speaking? party-smiley-048

I’ll be back - unless I fall out! winky

WHAB

6 Likes

I suspect I’ll need a deflector on that Fill line in to the Control Bucket. It is splashing more than I’d prefer and there is a extra lip on the underside of the lid that captures the top edge of the control bucket.

I mounted the 1 LED above the Res.

Gotta run!

woohoo,
WHAB

8 Likes

Yep, deflector required.

Prototype Engineering winky

Working model…

winky

:arrow_left: :arrow_left: :arrow_left: Installer winky

I’m probably done for the night/morning after that.

I still have to fill some small gaps in the insulation. I ‘think’ I decided to use that 2 inch rigid foam as a temporary door. I’ll cut it to size and layer it up at least 2 layers (temporary).

Veg will start when they’re ready…

Still have to run exhaust - A/C and the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 that’s still up in the attic. I recently bought the AC Infinity Controller 67 - I still have to open up the package and learn it.

Prototype Test Status: Active… winky

Might temporarily staple some Panda Film across the open doorway.

Good morning!

Make it a great day! tup

tokie,
WHAB

6 Likes

Okay, I lied. I stayed up for the next feeding winky

Prototype Test Status: Complete…

Prototype Test Conclusion: Passed - Exceptionally So! winky)

It took right at 90 seconds to Fill. The entire cycle is right about 23 minutes.

Numbers as of moments ago (after returning to the Res)…

I will address the Res temps when I get up.

Now, go on! Make it a great day, I said! Whistle tup

rockon,
WHAB

6 Likes

Looks like the runt plant is recovering!

2 Likes

Hello brother Joe! wavy

Yes, she is recovering, thankfully. Thank you! They all seem to be recovering. I was really surprised any of them survived my neglecting them. I expected to find all of them dead.

We’ll see what the future holds for her and them! winky I have high hopes for them!

Ftr, I had forgotten I wanted to dial the EC’s back.

That is the suggested mix measured out precisely according to the recipe.

I will try and dilute it today.

Thanks for looking in, my friend!

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

I noticed after the fact that the date on the deflector (milk jug) ‘I think’ is the date I moved in to the 1924 Brick Schoolhouse. I know it was very close to around that time.

I’ve kept an empty milk jug for 2+ years! ROFLMAO

And, things are so quiet in that space that I didn’t think it was still running when I raised my head today.

When I ran my 2 tests last night I had forgotten to take notice of the Air Pump. It was so quiet I didn’t realize it was even on.

I’m still going to hang it. It is sitting on the board I have predrilled for it.

Any objections to cradling it by the very front and very rear with rubber bungee cords, @LilJonB or others?

I put it on a piece of Rockwool just to see IF that quieted it down. Boy did it! I didn’t hear it run casually.

tup winky,
WHAB

5 Likes

I always thread it through the handle of the pump so it’s dangling by the handle.

1 Like

That was my second option.

Have you any idea what kind of temperatures that rear housing sees? Any concern about cradling from that point?

Thank you, @JoeCrowetup,
WHAB

3 Likes

It gets warm but I’ve never measured the temp. I would think it’s safe for all materials or else they’d have some kind of hazard warning. Can’t burn my hand so it shouldn’t start a fire or melt polymers!

2 Likes

Thank you, sir!

Feeding time is coming up. I’ll hit it with my digital thermometer (a cheap one, though).

Edit Add: Maybe I won’t hit it with the digital thermometer at this feeding. I know I saw it last night but I don’t see it right now! ROFLMAO I will when I find it!

Edit Add: Disregard the previous - I just found it! ROFLMAO

Thank you, again, brother!,
WHAB

4 Likes

Partial numbers. Didn’t get there quick enough to get pre-feeding pH.

Res. Temps under control! tup

The hottest part of the Air Pump was the snout (it doesn’t show up well but you can see the dot on the snout).

And, apologies for some of the images being a bit blurry - this one, and some of the previous. It’s a little difficult getting it all done with only 2 paws!

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

I used rachet ropes to hang mine. Also I took the intake off and added a thin layer of silicone around the case then reattached. It quieted them some

2 Likes

I have to get things picked up for my visitor (electrician - later this evening, as he stated), it’s been a thrash getting done what I have gotten done. The Service Panel is currently nearly inaccessible! ROFLMAO

Then I plan to start the install of that AC Infinity Cloudline T6. I still have to learn the AC Infinity Controller 67. I’m not entirely sure right this very second how I want the ducting to exit the space.

Then start working on the door.

I’d prefer to get a nap in! ROFLMAO

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

Nice, @Hydro921! tup

This thing is so quiet right now, sitting on that Barrel Drum and Rockwool, I wouldn’t know it was running IF I wasn’t listening for it. I’m surprised how quiet it is - as opposed to my perception of what I’ve read about these Air Pumps.

I had ratchet straps ready before I bought the bungee cords. These are the longest ones they had - each are 45 inches long.

So that means it should be suspended just under 2 feet from the ceiling.

But, I realized last night that no matter what method I use to suspend it I will have to run new air lines because once it gets a little higher than sitting on that bucket I’ve run out of length on those lines.

I’ll have to take the Girls out of their buckets one-by-one to replace those lines.

I need to get that done before I move the air pump.

Thank you for your participation, friend! smoke

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

Awesome yours is quiet. Mine were obnoxious before I played with them. Been lucking and enjoying your build

3 Likes

Yes, thankful for the quiet!

Thank you for peeking in, friend.

I see you’re doing some great work!

NICE! tup

WHAB

3 Likes

Thanks
You have it going on too. You’re about to have some trees lol

2 Likes

You’re most welcome, sir! Credit where due, brother! tup

And, yeah, I’m already concerned about the NEW space being a tad too small! ROFLMAO

With any ‘luck’ I’ll be fortunate enough to witness that problem develop! winky

I’m really looking forward to having some Kush around! (Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, @Oldjoints!) tup

disco,
WHAB

3 Likes

As I work through the thrash, I’m going to try and get the learnin’ done!

Well…

…that’s more damage than I’d prefer to see on a new just unpackaged device. frown

bitchslap,
WHAB

5 Likes