What did you accomplish today?

You know how rare it is to find a used trimmer in late September in BC?

Well, not only did I find one, it was free. Barn find; cleaning out the barn my friend inherited with the house. There were three in there, she kept two and I kept one.

So today I cleaned it up real good, sharpened the blade, and replaced all the fingers.

Ran a couple plants through it - does an OK enough job for a quick outdoor slash. Already have a lineup of neighbours wanting to bring their crops over lol. This thing is fast… and huge…

Not bad for literally no effort. Even left most of the fans on.

14 Likes

got the rest of the membrane in now to re-pour the floor set the floor decoupler and get to tiling.

9 Likes

What’s her name? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

5 % bud fee charge sounds like a great deal!

6 Likes

Pre-legalization… around here… standard trimmer pay was 200$/day or an oz per lb., as I recall… :thinking: I’d bet it isn’t that good anymore! :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Sad but probably so true!

5 Likes

LOL @Tinytuttle. It seems that you can sense half my thoughts. We gotta work on the transmission/reception, some details are missing…

Well, the friend who had these three in her new-to-her garage is in fact a competent trimmer. And a grower. And an exotic dancer as a profession. And she chops her own wood. Sounds too good to be true? Probably is. That’s why I just enjoy our neighborly coffees and an occasional pizza and beer. No Netflix. No chilling.

5%? Its a start! I’ll see if I can squeeze 15 out. A lot of them may in fact be that lazy. And trim.

@cannabissequoia - 200 a pound? That’s like $7855.76 Canadian :wink: no shit though that is pretty good. No wonder waves of “trimmigration”

6 Likes

I got lost after you said exotic dancer as a profession.

6 Likes

Almost done with the stone work, still need a little more stones.
Around the back of the waterfall, and some smaller rocks to fill in gabs here and there.
Finaly I need to plant the last plants, and finish ende around the tree.

15 Likes

Hola Pal

Do you have to empty in the winter ?

Bare

2 Likes

Why does this topic keep judging me!?

3 Likes

No I will only shut the pump off, and when I get fish in there.
A airstone on the bottom, should keep it from freezing over and leave a small hole.
If not, it can be combined with a “pond ice preventer” and that should keep it from freezing solid.

8 Likes

And today I will replace the battery in my Jeep once again as some asshole stole it last night…

3 Likes

Your hood not close or something bro how they manage to steal the battery?

2 Likes

Jeep Wrangler, pop 2 hood latches on the sides and then open the hood like any other vehicle…
They definitely had a 10mm socket and an extension at the ready to get it out…

At least they didn’t break anything…

5 Likes

Well you say like every other vehicle but here it’s not that simple to get to the battery of a car you’ve to be inside most cars to pop the hood latch to then have to undo the front latch.

Keep your eye out for some junkies anyway they’ll have stolen the battery for scrap no doubt.

3 Likes

On a Wrangler you undo these

With no hood release inside…

7 Likes

:four_leaf_clover: @StillSmoking

PITA in an emergency tho.

3 Likes

Nah, shit happens, tidied up the garage put the card table to the side, back to locking her in at night…

Wife suggested this that a friend of hers at work got after hers got stolen, with an offer of using her rivet gun as well…

Had the Jeep almost 7 years and this is the first time anything has been stolen from it even after leaving out in the summer with no roof or doors…

2 Likes

The old man next door had his battery stolen…AND the owners manual!!! WTF?!! :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes