What did you accomplish today?

Done properly
:+1:
:joy:

9 Likes

So I let my mate use my spray gun to clear coat. That’s 2k with hardener. And he left it in to set :expressionless: managed to get a bit of flow back using pure xylene and elbow grease. I will be tearing down and cleaning fully for good measure but I’m still not happy.

10 Likes

If there’s 1 tool that shouldn’t be loaned to a mate…

7 Likes

It won’t be happening again. Managed to get it back to perfect :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Stripped, primed. Gunmetal grey basecoat and dipped in a carbon fiber film :sunglasses: will clearcoat tomorrow. Crack on with the frame next :grin: doob and bed now

9 Likes

Don’t forget the petrified sprayer… :sweat_smile:

Nice job. Maybe do up Popcorn Bud’s tricycle too? :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I clean mine out after every use. Without fail. Takes 5 minutes if you do that :grin: I used my 1.5 gun not the 1.3 btw :wink: and as for PB’s trike. That’s a future classic. I have already taught him to polish the chrome

4 Likes

That’s what I started with…the bars were clearcoated today. Managed to strip the frame. Prime and basecoat in gunmetal grey. Gonna give a scotch pad rub and a 2nd coat tomorrow before dipping.

Got Mrs cola on the cricut now to make me a sticker to put on before dipping and pull off before clearcoating :sunglasses:

A murican bike maker too

9 Likes

I build/ride mountain bikes too!!!

12 Likes

Sick photo bro. Mine gets me places legally after a beer/smoke. Paid £50 for it a while ago after some cheeky bastard had my other bike out the garden. Turns out I really like it apart from the looks. So gonna spend a bit of time and money making it what I want. Frame weighs nothing :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nearly killed myself here…but not on this jump,

6 Likes

@Jetdro this is where my actual passion is for 2 wheels really. Current project. Xj900s/r6 cafe racer build :sunglasses:

That’s my final drive dipped in a dia de los muertes film on white base. Done my rear wheel and Valve cover too. Tank and mudguard to do then it’s time to put her back together.

Only bought the base bike as the reg plate has my initials on the bottom line

8 Likes

Broke down some of my AK 59 13.5 oz

14 Likes

Looking forward to see the finished bike, already starting to look real nice there mate.

2 Likes

I am into bikes too…own several… and 4 ebikes too…lol…I built them all from “junk”

8 Likes

Nice haul on that AK looks good from where I’m sitting too. Did you see the divvi when I bought it? I’ve already fabricated a single seat hoop and welded the subframe etc. Valve clearances done on the engine. 5 of 8 tolerances were off but not that bad for a 75kmile motor. (Many nation’s police forces used the xj900p for years because they’re practically bulletproof)

4 Likes

Loving that triumph. 675 triple engine? Beautiful machine. That old kwaks pretty too

Edited to say red Daytona? Not the trophy

@jetdro that was my last little one. Aprilia rs4125. Slow but fun.

4 Likes

NOPE…the Daytona has the 4 cylinder “BLACK” motor (150 horse) , the Trophy has the 125 horse 4 cyl .

The Kaw is an 1100 ZRX that i went “1109” on and ALL THE GOODIES…9.49 @ 144 MPH in the 1/4…JUST AS IT SITS!!!

2 Likes

Always wanted an Aprilla!!!

2 Likes

Ooooo we talking bikes?? @Ghandisflipflop sitting on my mito 34bhp smoker :+1:

5 Likes