What did you accomplish today?

Well, I finished my pot of Chile Verde and for my first one, I’m pretty happy with it. I cheated and used cheap pork stew meat instead of a whole pork shoulder. Oh man, was it good. Whacked up a fresh avocado and lime and warmed a couple of tortillas and slathered with butter… nom, nom, nom…

I’m so stoked. I finally have my downstairs up and running like a grow room. I still have to tweak it but this is way cool for me… I have 1200 sq. ft. of open space downstairs with 9 foot high ceilings. I’m only limited by the money I have to buy more lights and pay for more electricity. I’ve wanted to do this for 2 years. Woot!!

aaaaannd, it begins! Bring it!

gonna sit and chill now with a fresh bowl of Maui Sunshine and drink a cold, frothy, hoppy, IPA. peace

20 Likes

Looking good G…

4 Likes

Next phase will be installing my raised beds down there for the no till system. I need less potting in my life. Eventually, I want to include some vertical gardening system for produce such as greens or micro greens and maybe a mushroom room. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Been working a shower for my daughter for awhile Its marble and soft and fragile and expensive plus the pan was river stones I am finally to the hex floor tile Thank goodness the marble is not for the newbz …

phew

16 Likes

I dont know how i missed this! You the man Dro that is fooking huge air new level of respect brother I have jumped some shit in my day but you younguns have the Nerves. Repetition still dont take my jitters away.

4 Likes

Custom shower enclosures was once my career…looking good

2 Likes

Fuck, he’s my old age… even a couple of years older.

I wish I could rage like I used to. Snowboarding, and mountain biking in Montana. Then I got big into windsurfing and wave sailing on the Outer Banks. I miss every bit of it.

Oh! river rock? who sells that? commercially? custom? never heard of it but I knew it was different when I first saw it.

Edit: oh, and the shower looks boss, bro. Once it’s finished they really look special. I’ve done a few complicated ones like that and they take a while but very cool when it’s finished.

4 Likes

Finaly got done laying stones around my pond!

Now it just need some time, to “grow in” and get thru the winter.
In the spring, I’ll be planting the rest of the stone work.

20 Likes

Picked up a shit load of leaves again, only 2 more clean ups to go

11 Likes

Time to compost the shit down man ! Great gardening and soil amendment there!

6 Likes

Oh yes I do all the back yard stuff in the pile, Have way too many to do them all

3 Likes

I do my Pumpkin and gourds right in the mound in the spring

4 Likes

Ahh homemade already built pumpkin patch then? Lol had several come i out of mine also that made it through the hot cycle!

5 Likes

Tile cutting and layout with the project foreman today.

19 Likes

She’s gonna be a mosaic artist some day :smiley:
So cute.

9 Likes

Did a couple of blocks worth of sidewalks with the snowblower with a joint hanging out of mouth…

9 Likes

I’d rather see a dab rig attached to your snow blower ! Lol

5 Likes

Nah, used to hot knife oil driving down the highway in early 90s, butane torch between the seat and ebrake with a chunk of coat hanger wrapped around the nozzle that held the knife in the perfect position to heat it nicely, and then the good old twist tie to dab with, my lungs probably couldn’t handle it anymore…

Thanks for the flashback…

5 Likes

I fixed the heating pad :joy:

That and trim jail.

8 Likes

:paperclip: try a metal switch cuz they last longer :paperclips: :zap:

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes