What did you accomplish today?

tile all cut ready to put down today

13 Likes

How’d you make the drain cut without breaking the piece. The right tool I’d say.

4 Likes

i’ve been called worse

I hold the grinder more flat starting 1/8 inside the line only using the edge i remove the guard to give me more room and to add an element of danger. I also use water like a big gulp cup with a small hole drilled at the bottom to flood the edge im working on.

8 Likes

Yeah it’s not tough to do used to do alot of ceramic tile for a living.
Owned an remodeling co.

I cut them dry, what is that a Tool Shop grinder from Menards.
Sold everything except for 1 complete set of tools, sold the other sets I had.

5 Likes

Im Jelly these are all I ever used

5 Likes

@argo945 I need to have my bathtub converted to a shower walk in
I know they sell shower pans to do so , but I was thinking of doing tile like you have.
Unfortunately my days of doing things myself are over and was wondering what kind of price I should expect to pay
To remove tub, new plumbing (faucet and drain) sheet rock then tile walls and floor
I was going to hard a pergo waterproof floor installed after tub /shower was done
I figure under 5 grand US but I have not done any GC in yrs
Thanks Ballpark figure is fine

2 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot to say
Getting Old sucks

10 Likes

Same question I ask argo Wdo you think Thks

5 Likes

I think it looks great myself

3 Likes

5-10 k i doubt most would do it for less.

3 Likes

Thank You, I was expecting prices like that.
I was just going to have the tub removed and shower floor and walls.door installed
The rest of bathroom is in good shape. I need the lower step in due to bad legs

2 Likes

It’s the avg going price,.I used to own a remodeling company that I sold then retired.
Great clients.

3 Likes

finally got the rest of the floor set. And a bunch of mud up to smooth the shitty drywall.

17 Likes

Do you do canal boat fitouts :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:joy: :cn:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Gonna be pretty when it’s finished. Damn baths take forever. But, worth it.

5 Likes

Thanks bro! I am slow but i eventually finish em motivation on free jobs is hard to find some days but my daughter is worth it :wink:

7 Likes

Just retired I woke up !

4 Likes

Cheeba chews. :sunglasses:

23 Likes

Winterized my motorcycle and put it away for the winter. Swapped winter tires/wheels on my wife’s car. Started getting things setup to transfer VHS and Hi8 tapes to digital format. Had a few tokes. Soon I’ll be making dinner for the family (Venison Spag-bol).

11 Likes