What did you accomplish today?

grout is up on the walls and down on the floor we are getting there.

23 Likes

Raked up about a ton of leaves and ready to cut all the trees down…sigh

5 Likes

Ok I must ask
How? Infusing into the old tootsies/?
Or are they from hash
Thank You

3 Likes

Ever try soaking your meat in milk over night
Takes the real gamey flavor off

3 Likes

Especially the value they add to the house

4 Likes

Oh I put air in all my vehicles while the tires were cold , seems like one truck may have a small leak ,
So tomorrows project, Sat taking it easy the rest of the day wa sup on a ladder yesterday replacing motion light on outside of house. Note to self don’t stand on ladder with ripped tendon too long, it will hurt you.

3 Likes

Still need to get the fishpond shut down for the winter and put heater in along with new airstones

6 Likes

Be safe on the ladders bro. They are killers. Always treat them with respect and all seriousness. I’m like you, I have ripped up shoulders so I almost won’t go up on them anymore. At least not as a job. i do it around the house on occasion. peace

3 Likes

Yeah really easy to make cheeba chews. Decarb some hash 300F for 10min. Then melt a little butter in a double boiler and stir in the hash. Unwrap and add the Tootsie rolls to the double boiler. Mix until it all melts together, add just a splash of half and half to help it melts.

I pour it out onto a silicone mat and when it cools to the right temperature you can roll it out.

0.6g for 20 tootsies is what I used.

6 Likes

Do you keep your fish in the pond all year due to installing the heater? Have any pics? I don’t or ever will own my land so I can’t enjoy my own pond. In the summer, I have a huge pond in the park. They have a lot of koi fish that you can feed. These guys know when anyone is getting feed from the vending machine.

7 Likes

I have heard that before, but my family and I enjoy the flavour as it is. We don’t find it “gamey” at all.

2 Likes

I use cinnamon. Find it works well

1 Like

I keep my pond running over winter. Just kick on a 300w heater to stop the top icing over and make sure water stays flowing and oxygen in. In all honesty I’ve had more issues in the summer. (When my pump failed, lack of oxygen killed my sturgeon)

5 Likes

Thank You, I was wondering if I could do it wish some strong GreenDragon maybe reduced to almost oil instead of Hash, Hash is hard for me to get and too much trouble trying to get dry ice where I am.
Thank You

3 Likes

Got the leaves picked up in front yard. Cleaned up toys and junk in back yard.
Marked out dimensions for skating rink. Hoping to build rink this week.

6 Likes

Yes Dog
It gets shut down due to waterfall freezing over , so I shut the whole system down
I install a small Ice heater that keeps an air hole in air to allow any gas the fish give off to escape from under the ice, it will kill them if not due to the amount of fish I have.
I have some Koi over 24:inches , over 15 that size in a 3000gal pond so I need to stay on top of cleaning it.
The fish become almost dormant over winter once water temp drops below 50 degs F
they stop eating, and basically just hang all bunched up under the ice until spring, I have air stones running along with a fountain pump to keep another hole in ice unless it gets down right frigid and then my tourch comes out to open the holes . LOL

8 Likes

Dry ice hash is what I use, but I think reduced oil would work too.

5 Likes

Thank You, when I get a chance I may make some
I do lov me some TOOTSIE ROLLS

Or maybe I should say Trolls LOL

6 Likes

Thanks for the lesson. Sounds like you have a nice set up. Would love to see pics sometime. I bet it is relaxing to sit there and feed them. Do they all know when u are coming with food? I think koi are very smart and they are very relaxing to watch. I can’t wait till the summer to check the out. I appreciate the knowledge. I always wondering how they survived in a man made pond.

4 Likes

Survived another day, which all told equals another year. Go me! lol. Now I’m working on tomorrows hangover, so apologies in advance :wink:

10 Likes