What did you accomplish today?

There’s ssdd trim in the butter I made, and a big reason I made blueberry muffins!

2 Likes

First layer of paint on the stern

Tape off

Now it just need to be taped up, painted twice with the sea foam color and then clear topcoat

9 Likes

Stump ground 30 stumps out today, even with the machine still a task

7 Likes

Damn, you clearing a lot to build on? that’s a lot of stumps.

2 Likes

That is the result of 2 down bursts that happened up here 4 & 5 years ago.
Fuckin things came down out of the air like an atomic bomb, when it hit the ground it just anilated shit for hundreds of miles.
Big stately oaks and pines laying all over the place along with birches and popples.

I had 150 year old trees uprooted,what a mess.
Last weekend a guy with a car trailer came in and took over 6’ tall and 24’ long of cut logs out of here.
I burnt most of it cuz for a while there was so much wood available you couldn’t give it away.

Last year the state started demanding people clean up there down wood otherwise they do it.
Major fire hazard.

6 Likes

Not a damn thing! That is a personal accomplishment. For the first day I can remember I did absolutely nothing productive. Damn it felt good for a change

4 Likes

Went to dialysis clinic for an injection to stimulate red blood cell production. Stopped by farmers market for okra, mango, strawberries, cucumbers, beefsteak tomatoes, onion, honeybell oranges and sweet corn. Baked chicken breast and a pork chop in a medley of okra, brussel sprouts and red potatoes. Placed a packet of soaked Marauder beans into a seedling flat.

4 Likes

Made a trip to Home Depot for 3 gallon nursery pots, spray bottle, vegetable and flower seeds

2 Likes

Bad when you got mornin wood tho lol

2 Likes

would a beer can not float, in a beer can cozy? Is it styro-foam or foam-rubber (maybe it would not float after all)?

regards,

mike

2 Likes

All this ‘bending the curve’ talk… :roll_eyes: been doin’ that 'eruh day since 'Ize bone :joy: :banana: :sunrise:

:evergreen_tree: banana sunrise sounds like weed & a mixed drink &…

2 Likes

It probably would but as is I’d have to rig up some stabilizers to keep it up right ! Lol not feeling like drinking lake water.

3 Likes

Yeah some curse it. But I’m just glad the ole fella still does what hes supposed to lol

2 Likes

Planted Clemson okra and oregano seeds. Potted celery cutting. Mom delivered some Rasta Pasta, bless her little heart

3 Likes

Went fishing the last two days when I should have been working on my house.

I found a honey hole at the lake that is full of biting Rainbow Trout. But, both days the wind started blowing and drove me crazy. I spent more time fighting the wind. The first day it would blow from the southwest for 30 min, and then blow the opposite direction for thirty minutes. I was literally sitting in my kayak trying to push off shore and the wind switched that fast.

I picked up and drove to a spot that would be better or that direction and just as I was about to put in, it changed back, lol… I finally stayed there and adjusted. But, the spot I was catching them in was hard to stay in in a kayak.

I tried another spot later in the day and caught one nice smallish Walleye. It seems like it’s been blowing every day for almost 3 months.

So, I accomplished not catching many fish but wasted 2 full days smoking and drinking beer and hanging out at the lake. It’s only a mile or so away. I’m going back as soon as the wind lets up some. I was killing them trolling a Pistol Pete brown wooly bugger type fly. I caught around a dozen trout with one about 2 lbs. It took about 10 minutes to get him in. Once I finally tired him out I had to hold him another five until he revived. That was fun.

9 Likes

Haha bad day out fishing still better than 90 percent of days. Where roughly are u located ? Sounds like paradise

4 Likes

Agreed. I came home and decided to go back and I wasted the rest of the day!

I’m outside Trinidad, CO in SE Colorado near the NM border. The lake is Trinidad Lake State Park. It’s pretty cool. They stock the shit out of it every year but it has large fish and a mix of northern and southern species.

We have Rainbow Trout, Walleye, Saugeye, Yellow Perch, Wiper (a striper x white bass), Black Crappie, Sunfish, Largemouth bass, Smallmouth Bass, and Channel Catfish.

The best part is we have almost no pressure on the lake. It’s a rural area passed over for the northern part of the state with the national park and more advertised spots.

5 Likes

Yeah, no :poop:! I’m looking at having to pay to fish on private land because anything public-accessible is a polluted subway-ride :unamused: or 2 days travel into what little wilderness we have & paying paying paying all the way. The state waives permits 2 days a year, otherwise only public pier fishing is no-license.

grumble grumble blargle

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Got the stern sanded and buffed a little, the rotor buffer was not nearly strong enough for the task.

Wet sanded it, made a minor fuck up on the upper right side. Sanding thru the paint, but what the hell it’s nothing huge and I will be able to fix it once it’s in the water.

After a light buffing, will need to buy a better rotor buffer.

7 Likes

C’mon… ya know ya wanna… :wink: :rocket: :motor_boat:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like