What did you accomplish today?

The Tiller got ready

A bit rough look to the carbon/kevlar fix, but it’s coverd by the stainless steel anyway.
The bare wooden side is the one facing up, the bottom will not really be visable when mounted on the rudder.

Everything is going on tomorrow, as well as getting the boat in the water again.

7 Likes

Now im about ready to put the eye patch on for the season, just need a few details like mounting the mast.

Arrrrggghhhhhh now where’s the rum?

9 Likes

i would just set in on fire if you do not want to compost them just use a blower to pile in corner then just leave them along in a couple years you got some fine compost depending on what kind of leaves you have i am thinking oak

2 Likes

Just finished up with the new garden beds
Im tired.

8 Likes

Somethin tells me that won’t all be weed in the front yard… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

No it will be a vegetable and herbal garden
This year :sunglasses:

3 Likes

How’s the perch through the ice during that time ? Do you have good sized ones down there?

4 Likes

That looks awesome love the paver pathways!

3 Likes

Not sure. I never caught any yet, maybe one. We only get ice on select years. It didn’t happen this year. It was frozen from Christmas on last year. I would think they would be good. I’d like to get my little boat up here and fish more of the lake.I don’t want to take my little kayak out to the center of the lake. It’s too cold to fall into.

I need to get another spinning rod for perch and walleye. I broke the only one I had a couple of days ago.

DAMn! the hail is back… been hailing a lot the last week. I hope the plants make it.

I want to learn how to fish for the perch and walleye more than what I know. I’d like to spend a day or night finding a school of the YP and load a bucket of the tasty buggers.

Man, I barely rescued 4 seedlings from that one… Lost a couple of small limbs. One hail stone had the limb pinned down and was embedded into the dirt a half inch, like a meteor, lol… I had to dig it out… fucking serious shit here!

back to my getting a buzz…zzzz…

3 Likes

Wow you have plants in the ground already ? That’s cool the only thing I have outside are the volunteers that are growing my inside plants are still small hopefully they’ll take off on growth pretty soon … I had such a bad germination rate on this last batch like 50% or so :thinking:

2 Likes

I started harvesting some of my Garlic today haha. I have 7 or so varieties in ground right now.

This is Inchelum Red Garlic.

10 Likes

I was reading fast and thought you had a pot strain called Red Garlic and it was in your Chillum to smoke, lol. I better hit this bowl once more…

I haven’t dropped any into the ground just yet. But the plants have all been out back, all night in their pots. Actually only one and maybe two are ready to drop in the dirt. Others will follow. All my clones ore outside and seedlings, too. Trying to get them all hardened off. I almost put the big one, a SSDD, into a space I used two years ago.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to get another frost but I just feel like waiting one more week. We’ve been getting thunderstorms the last three days and a lot of rain, after being in a drought for 2 1/2 months. I’m going to have my hands full with this out of control property, Weeds just love it here. It’s all good.

I’m starting my search for shade cloth now. 3 hail storms in three days, wow. The bad ones come in summer. I have a plan that may work for one section of my property. I could easily spread shade cloth over it but it wouldn’t be enough for everything. I need to be a little discreet. I may try a hoop house just for summer and use shade cloth on it. I don’t want to be known for the guy who has pot growing all over his place, although that’s exactly what I want to do, heh heh.

Still cool up there?

4 Likes

Perch often school when on ice and you get on them it can be fun times ! They Often hang close to the bottom during winter anyways sometimes you catch 10+ in 15-30 minutes very light biters as well just like walleye… when vertical fishing in winter even with spring tip it can be hard and the only way to snag them is being observant with what the line is doing with the weight of the line when using ice jig and your bouncing them and there’s a pause in the rhythm that’s when ya set the hook cause the weight now is weightless the the bait. Is in their mouth often referred to an “up bite “ type fishing they definitely don’t smash the lure like trout do I fish them with a flasher … it’s like video games on ice!

4 Likes

That’s weird your getting hail already I found hail netting awesome looking stuff we had some bad storms u here in past years I’ll find it for ya!

2 Likes

Here ya go found this on a Facebook post from a guy that lives here saved his entire garden while everyone else’s gardens were demolished! https://www.amazon.com/Mitef-Anti-aging-Anti-hail-Vegetable-16-3x10ft/dp/B078ZJ3TQQ

2 Likes

Nylon and will probably last for years as well

1 Like

I’d love to try it someday. Never done it on the ice. I did go to Wisconsin to visit a close friend I used to work out west with. He was back in the same neighborhood as his parents and a block away from Lake Mendota across from Madison.

He and his dad took me out fishing one summer or fall night and I didn’t quite get it at first. Like you say, it’s tough catching a strike. We were dropping the bait to different depths until we sort of found them. We were using blood worms maybe on a jig or just a hook, I can’t remember that. We used red bobbers with lights inside them.

So, we’re getting into a rhythm and beginning to catch them fairly steady. But me being from Alabama, I’m wondering why we’re keeping all of these fish that seem sort of small to me. I kept my mouth shut.

Well, we filled a bucket and went back home and he and his dad tag teamed it with dad filleting every fish and the son taking the skin off. Like an assembly line.

We had a large bowl of nothing but sweet meat from the YP. I had never eaten them before and I was blown away. His mom battered them all and we had a mountain of golden fillets and we ate until we couldn’t anymore.

They schooled me for sure. I think it’d be fun to go out some evening and anchor or drift around trying to catch them. I normally fly fish but I grew up using a cane pole, ha. I can dig that type of fishing sometimes. Take some beer and food and hope you catch too many to have either, okay, the food.
peace

2 Likes

Only damage you my receive is those damn birds pecking at it for nesting material but we might be getting through that period here shortly have replace a couple string on my mason line trellises

2 Likes

Ya on ice a slip type bobber right at the ice hole is highly effective also some good eating for sure 8” in this area is good the 10-12 are hard to come by but some water hold them there a video on the web on how to clean perch rather fast I’ll post it Iv tried it and it works slick as snot!

2 Likes

Check this out @GMan

https://youtu.be/pjTlFwQb7D0

I’d probably never bother with fillets when ya can clean them like this!

2 Likes