What did you accomplish today?

:cowboy_hat_face:
Best shit since sliced bread!

3 Likes

Hatched some new garden friends today. Chinese mantids!

17 Likes

Cropped out last night, tonight I’m reloading the bloom room and potting up babies.

4 Likes

I slept all day, now I’m in the middle of a 12 hour shift…

3 Likes

how did you hatch them?? is this a photoshop?

3 Likes

I’m gonna’ order some when it’s nicer weather:

http://www.naturalinsectcontrol.com/product.php?id=000000302

3 Likes

today i accomplished jack and shit because of other people
:confounded:

damn. EU/UK tokers are already beating us to it! :stopwatch:

2 Likes

Happy 420! Burn one for me!

2 Likes

Didnt catch them, hatched the egg case i bought from my local grow supply store and ended up with around 100 of them. Now that its been a few days and ive let them kinda just fight it out hunger games style, i have about 30 left but they are super fun to watch. Theyll actively hunt anything they see even though theyre still tiny. One escaped while i was feeding them last night and i found him on the ceiling trying to go after a house spider twice his size. He lost that fight but i admired the courage :joy:

7 Likes

That site looks good however id be hesitant to pay that much for one egg case of chinese mantis. Not only are they a pretty common variety but theres a pretty high chance that ooths will not hatch (even if you do everything right) which is generally why they come in packs of 2 for $10 of this species. I would check your local garden supply stores, jf they have a fridge, chances are they have worms, mantis and ladybugs. If not, ive found the 2 egg kits with the hatching containers for about 6-10 bucks at stores like walmart and stuff like that for this variety.

1 Like

Well my chiller broke again. Fuck.

Too my dog for a walk and it ended up being a really nice day.

Stopped by my friend’s brewery and hung out for awhile.

Went to my folk’s place and had a nice conversation over a fire in their back patio.

All in all, not a bad day!

8 Likes

Painted some doors (new house build). Thought about getting back into home brew as beer prices are ridiculous (taxes). Put on the pot belly and chilled by the fire.

3 Likes

So far, literally nothing except spend money. Pressure washer hose connection broke and come to find out that version is no longer used. So a new pressure washer was bought, the old connection will have to be ordered directly from the company, and soon as this joint is gone work can begin

3 Likes

so what’s the plan, return the new one when the other part comes in? :wink:

2 Likes

Got the first coat of sealer on the deck. More soil added to the hugelkulture and a couple rotting trees broken down to extend said garden bed.
Bomb ass Sloppy Joe variation using Italian sausage and chicken breast, onions, green peppers, and red sauce for lunch.
Big ups to @StevieG for the help

5 Likes

So I have been doing some side work to supplement my job lately. Not happy about that fosho. Word to the wise, if you are building a new home, and thinking about a basement level bath, talk to your plumber before you pour concrete. :disappointed_relieved:

Now what am I going to do to get my muscles to relax, hmmm?

11 Likes

Jump in the tub!!!

3 Likes

Went to my local homebrew store and bought a 50lb bag of rice hulls so I can start preparing my (2-3)16cf raised beds!

10 Likes

13 Likes

What sort of tree do we have here?

PS Like the stone work…the weeds will love to nestle in between those stones if they are set in soil. Might suggest gardeners cloth if you haven’t already.

2 Likes