What did you accomplish today?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sneaky shady or not

Today I got the fraudulent debit charges refunded. Now I have 0.50 to my name until Thursday. :rage:

6 Likes

I buy with credit cards and just immediately pay it once it has cleared for that reason. I donā€™t use my debit card anywhere online anymore because itā€™s happened too many times lol.

I feel your pain though. Too bad I canā€™t claim my ex stole my old credit card tho :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

?? Careful what you wish for ??

3 Likes

Considering I wrote my ex almost $1500 in checks this month, she might as well have.

5 Likes

A Little more evening plumbing. I should be able to stack em (W&D) and clean the shorts tomorrow :wink: I thought this shit would take me and hour when I was standing In the store telling my wife it was no big deal, ha ha.

Have a great hump day.

9 Likes

:wink: my dad is the OCD plumber who would say mean things about this. myself, iā€™m just trying to figure out wtf is going on. i have a feeling a code enforcer could rip you one, but itā€™s just a gut feeling and iā€™m in earthquake-country so that changes things a bit. (terremoto is such a great spanish word, sounds like a motocross event).

the old man had me do untold & overboard stuff to please a code officer that didnā€™t bother to even look around. thousands of extra nails into interior shearwall with a palm-nailer. and on and on and on.

heā€™s the kind of guy that canā€™t be off by more than 1/32 with his rough carpentry. the kind thatā€™s still remodelling since 1995. :cry: :house_abandoned: :hourglass:
that remodel was supposed to separate my sisters bedroom & mine better, as it only had a accordion-style partition thing. (not cool when youā€™re a teenager).

i stayed clear of construction for work as much as possible, eventually realizing that my approach to auto-repair was something like his building, and i over-did stuff. my 1/2 hour oil-changes would come back with a full car inspection, so my boss loved the upselling potential, but my big jobs were slow usually. dā€™oh.

:evergreen_tree: <ā€” saw some other builders live happier, less-square lives

4 Likes

WOW! @LED_Seedz! A beautiful specimen! Youā€™re as good at cars as you are plants. My first car was a ā€˜63 Chevy SS. Very nice ride Enjoy the show.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

About to make a batch of cookies.

13 Likes

Today was a shit day as far as accomplishments goā€¦

Was rudely awakened by my pops hitting a deer this morning at 5:45am I left the mattress for a moment as the van rolled over Bambi lol

8 Likes

Those things will do some damage I hope everyone is ok.

2 Likes

Neither one of us are injured, but I think pops pride might have gotten a little ding though lol.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a friend whose man put his hands on her yesterday, and I have not been arrested. Idk about you, but I consider that an accomplishment. :joy:

If I stop posting out of the blueā€¦ :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

see if @MiG can loan her a dog? :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/2X/8/887b11d1ecffd08d3120986432470b13ca1e37cd.jpg

2 Likes

As a kid my dad beat me. My mum and my sisters. When I turned 14 I fought back. I got arrested for stabbing him twice. Told the courts Iā€™d do the same again. And I walked that day. From then on I knew :100: that beating on women and children is a definite no go. Fuck I try to avoid confrontation as best I can now. My lifeā€™s about as complete as I could possibly want . Go smack that motherfucker though I applaud your patience this far. Make sure she knows he wonā€™t change at least. To get the fuck outta there and forget him. My thoughts are with whoever this woman is today brother.

The poor af sentence structure should let you know how irrational my thoughts become when presented with this kinda situation

Sorry for the life story too. Unnecessary I know but itā€™s good to share emotions sometimes. #mentalhealthmatters.

13 Likes

My gold watch needs to >> a jeweler.

Today i look like this; no violet leds though.

Iā€™m well.

5 Likes

Well an errant pop bottle rocket made its way to one of my supporting posts on a aging deck which has been coaxing it for about ten years.

Being a functional drunk most of my life anything that werenā€™t drinking, growing or working to support my habits fell by the wayside in including friends and family and my house. So in a way the deck is a metaphor for my life over the past 20.

Itā€™s time to tear down the old and rebuild both figuratively on the house and personally working the remaining daemons out of my closet so i can get the show back on the road and start checking off boxes in the short term goals list.

I know demo is the easy part but I am happy with my solo progress today.

Ready for pack out to the bagster tomorrow night.

10 Likes

Grab yourself by the bootstraps, no one else will.

99%

BTW, thanks for the help with the pockets doors in the concrete floor info. Went well, and of the videos I saw, that was as good or better than most.

3 Likes

Really officer, its Greek Oregano. Thereā€™s another 3 pounds in the compost pile already. Stuff is a weed.

12 Likes

had a HDD fail on me so bought a new one, not realizing at the time it wouldnā€™t come with an OS installedā€¦ didnā€™t want to purchase windows and definitely didnā€™t want to use a cracked versionā€¦ either one would be backdoored, reallyā€¦ so i finally got it running well with a stripped down linux distroā€¦ 10 yo hardware and its running smooth like new and booting in 10 secs!

5 Likes