What did you accomplish today?

Gorgeous House! Paint looks great too!

2 Likes

Cleaned and vacuumed the interior of my vehicle… last time this was done was in July, before my wife and I took an 8000km road trip

I have found:
Perfectly preserved McDonalds French fries.
To loonies and a toonie
One joint, intact
3 lighters, one of which worked

6 Likes

So there was water leaking from the second floor all the way to the basement, so we start breaking into the walls and find this. Smh ,fixing this tommorow.

3 Likes

Is that rotted wood?

About ten years ago, I had an issue with leaks randomly developing from some copper piping. The contractor told us that there was a bunch of imported copper piping that were developing pin-hole leaks many years later (not at a junction but in the middle of a span). Can’t remember the time span he had told me, something like the 70’s-80’s.

4 Likes

Yea some of the wood is rotted out. But it’s the main sewer line, that’s cracked in half. rust must have ate it right out over the years… and most of the cracks/holes in copper pipes come from the danm town not winterizing the pipes properly. We encountered 23 cracks and or blowouts just in the basement and the first floor. Never mind the hot water lines.
But ya it looks like wood but it’s iron piping that is rusted making it appear like wood. Place has been abandoned for years

3 Likes

I tossed up a quick hoop house to try and extend the growing season didn’t have much cash so any amount of snow and this thing is toast.

7 Likes

I taught a few people what the top on a bottle of 1800 is for. Drank way to much already

3 Likes

Before I met Bill that was my go to asian killer while living in S Korea/China for work (ha ha see photo below who is more red ha ha). Whew that stuff works!

5 Likes

Isn’t that bull-dozer time? :thinking:

Glyphosate (roundup) was first developed as a chelator for metal pipes…to reduce rust/corrosion. So SMH some more :laughing:

Mmmm keeeeeeyyy-lllaaaaaateeesss :non-potable_water:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Stacked 28 straw bales and formed a sound barrier outside my bedroom between the street. Elevated on masonry & lumber, wrapped in black plastic, and it’s visually screened somewhat already.

Result: a solid 80% noise reduction from that source. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
…and a sore wrist.

:smile: :ear:

Now I just need to do it around the entire property, about 20’ high!

4 Likes

Woke up at 0630 this mornin to shave my head and face an got ready to get lab work done at Kaiser.
After I was finished I still had time to wash my truck before goin to my 0930 dentist appt to get tooth number 11 pulled.
On the way home I stopped by an fueled up my truck and didn’t do chet the rest of the day so I didn’t bleed out

6 Likes

A friend of mine was leasing this cabin on a lake, off grid. He didn’t have time to go anymore, so we took it over – the thing is, he hasn’t been inside for over a year. Only 40 minutes from home, mostly gravel road.

So my wife an I went over there, and bleached all the nasties off. Until we ran out of bleach’ had to come back. Still had some beers and a fire. Sweet spot.

13 Likes

There she blows!

That old cast iron pipe was heavy to get out.

11 Likes

Turned the compost & came inside with 2 minutes on the oven-timer. :smile: :thumbsup:

13 Likes

Send some over, would ya?

The muffins, not the rotting organic matter :wink:

3 Likes

Got the other tent fired up for my autos. They started showing pistils, so under HPS they go. Gonna waste some power on the tents, but that’s part of learning and getting the system running. Hopefully next time I reset the big one, the plants will be big enough to fill and not waste light.

Reset their home

Got the second temp controller wired into the cooling system

Made a ghetto DTW collection system with home depot grommets and some vinyl tubing and a yogurt tub. Cant take credit for it, saw it on some YouTube channel.

8 Likes

you could bend the 2 larger plants horizontal & lower the light a bit… they’d fill the area more.

3 Likes

How far down the stem would you flop them over? My training skills are limited, I have either topped or just bent the branches, never messed with the main stem

3 Likes

I’d say bend after the first set of useable branches (?) and have only seen it done myself. Another way my friend started the process was planting them at a 45 deg. angle on the ground & tied them a foot off the ground.

My thought was just to make a “SCROG”(screen of green) before they flower… all the bud sites will stretch up & be smaller than a single main bud but overall about the same in size. I’ve had good luck topping plants low & using the 4 lower branches as “trunks” & get a satisfying overall yield.

The next thought though is that you won’t have the same ease of moving them if you want, once they get staked & trained horizontal.

But you’d be surprised how resilient the branches/stems are & recover well. If it feels risky maybe just try one? :slight_smile:

:neutral_face: I’m baked. :wave:

3 Likes

I think I fixed my truck. Replaced the thermostat and topped up the coolant (a lot). Will find out in a few minutes if it solved the problem.

Edit: Yep! So far, so good! Probably saved myself a bunch of money!

10 Likes