What did you accomplish today?

switched out summer tires for winter tires

2 Likes

I bought some food it was good day

3 Likes

I made breakfast and spent the morning with family, including my daughter whoā€™s home for the holidays- from Africa!

3 Likes

Other than tend plants, smoke plants and write about plants, not much! :grinning:

2 Likes

Tonight I rigged up my Inkbird ITC-1000. The outlet pictured is just a temporary one (ONLY FOR TESTING) as I have Square Outlets on the way (shipping delay lol)
As you can see I 3d printed an enclosure for it, I canā€™t close it up until I get those square outlets installed, so for now itā€™ll sit on the desk until my package gets in.

Iā€™m so amused by technology, this thing is awesome. :smiley:
Maybe I should ā€œaccomplishā€ cleaning my deskā€¦ again. Sorry about the mess yaā€™ll lol.

3 Likes

Today I had lunch with the in-laws, and stopped by Joanns Fabric. They are currently running a sale on most of their felts, and the felt @Mr.Sparkle and @ReikoX use to make their fabric pots (ā€œEco-Feltā€ made from recycled plastic water bottles) was on sale for 3.99/yard vs normal price of 6.99 a yard.

On another note, I guess between the weather and my shitty balance I have aggravated my arthritis/old sprain in my left ankle. Itā€™s swollen up to almost double its normal size. I donā€™t need to be told to go to the doctor, as the doc and I are in agreeance that unless I literally canā€™t walk, thereā€™s no point in coming in since it happens every 3-4 months and I donā€™t accept pain meds. I live with about a week of gimping around and itā€™s back to normal. Just a shitty week lol.

6 Likes

Take is easy Jelly. Rest up!

1 Like

Made up the water lines for my bucket build, dismantled some led bulbs for some changes, and rewired my pc case due to me realizing ive been running at half power for the last three months and not even noticing. Thought i had 700ma 36v ballast in it, but i had 350ma 100v ballasts, and had my cobs wired in parallel thinking they were the other ballasts i had :open_mouth:. Also cleaned house and had dinner with my ladyā€™s family.

Edit: Took some pictures on how to break down these new version 14w non-dimmable lights from Philips

https://overgrow.com/t/micro-growing-with-mr-sparkle-2018/6897/13?u=mr.sparkle

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been spending time with my daughter, home from Africa for the holidays. Not even the slightest twinge of guilt about other things not getting done in the meantime lol

7 Likes

gave myself a filling

Elaborate please? :confused:

my tooth was bothering me, probably a cavity i guess, and dental is expensive so i gave myself a temporary filling with zinc oxide and eugenol (100% clove oil) - itā€™s the same mixture used in dentistry. i still have a temporary filling from 5 years ago.

no drilling, just brushed my teeth well and used mouthwash then dried the area off. do not attempt if you have throbbing, likely pulpitis and would not be great to cover it up

4 Likes

Ha! Ha! I hope you didnā€™t do any drilling.

you have to try these
{ ANZAC COOKIES } HERES A NICE AUSTRALIAN CLASSIC

strongest Cannabutter can obtain add to taste
1 tablespoon (20ml) of golden syrup
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water
1 cup of dessicated coconut
1 cup of soft brown sugar (or castor sugar)
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of plain flower

Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees celsius. Melt the cannabutter and golden syrup in saucepan. Dissolve your bicarb in the boiling water and mix in. Combine all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl, then add the melted mixture from the saucepan. Mix to a moist but firm, doughy consistency.
Drop your cookie batter into small dobs onto a greased baking tray, use baking paper if you have it. Space them evenly and donā€™t go overboard, or youā€™ll end up with a giant anzac slab!
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Iā€™ll get some pics up on my next bake outā€¦

2 Likes

Hell yeah man, nothing like accomplishing some at home dentistry. ā€œPaging Dr. Legal, Paging Dr. Legal.ā€

Thank you, this is way out of my baking comfort zone, I kind of like being uncomfortable. Always moving forward, never backward.

2 Likes

is golden syrup the same as corn syrup? iā€™ve only heard of maple or corn syrups

1 Like

its suger syrup made out of suger cane i hope that helps heres a you tube vid i found on how to make it

2 Likes

We dropped and fixed the rear cross member of the frame on the 71 Lemans. Even got it cleaned and mostly painted too. Now to paint the underside of the car and also undercoat it. Lots more to go till the old banana boat roams the road but weā€™re getting there.

11 Likes

I found Overgrow2.0!IOvergrow was my 1st forum when i strated growing!I loved it!I am Happy to be back again :)!Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the forum users!

9 Likes