What did you accomplish today?

Found this inside. :beer: At least we can be certain that nobody was drinking on the job :laughing:

11 Likes

At least you found Mr Hoffa. :wink:

A house in our family from 1920 had TONS of bottles! …like every stud-bay, the crawl-space, EVERYWHERE! My dad blamed it all on “the Irish” :joy: too bad Deutchsland & every other tribe in our bloodline is solidly, patriotically, sloshed. :rolling_eyes:

…And old uncle Sven who drank the keg & ate the bait fish… :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

They are still eating the bait around these parts…they call them smelt.

2 Likes

Hola Gang

in the old time it was a common

thing to leave empty bottle in walls

that would prevent rats since their

blood don’t coagulate

Bare

1 Like

Would that one sting the shit out of ya as well?

1 Like

Went up the canyon today to experience tranquility at its finest!

16 Likes

started on another berry picking expedition today… will finish tonight…

regards,

mike28086

11 Likes

That’s a nice part of the world you live in! Thanks for sharing.
I’m a nature lover by heart (I guess we all are judging by the forum we’re sharing) and seeing pictures like this reminds me that around every unexplored corner may be the best experience ever.

Jay

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Yes… my little closed off world is, nice (tolerable is more appropriate), but much smaller than it used to be. We make do with what we have, Go around what we must and Overcome what we are able.

Regards,

mike28086

4 Likes

How in the… And… What… U’mm…

Intriguing.

Could you, would you, please elaborate on how the bottles keep rats out and what that has to do with their blood not coagulating.

3 Likes

Hola DiggySoze

I should mention that the bottle
were broken prior to be use in
the walls.
When rat cut them self on the
bottle they bleed to death.

Mind you in those days wall
was insulated with wood rips
absorbing the blood so no smell

Bare

5 Likes

:smile: :wine_glass: :house_abandoned:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Dirt Run!

12 Likes

I got stoned on Cherry Tart - again :sunglasses:

6 Likes

dig yesterday pull and glue today well pump redux…

9 Likes

Smoked and recovered from all of my berrie picking adventures yesterday, or was it the day before? Which ever? Days seem to run together in a blurry mess… for some reason… or another, Go figure? Right!

On a personal Note: May the gods of weed and tranquility watch over @99PerCent, for this marvel of a treasure that he bestowed upon me late in 2017 or early 2018 (Penny-Wise).

mike28086

13 Likes

I finally finished a new home for my fire bellied toad :slight_smile:

He’s loving it :frog:

15 Likes

Nice Vivarium you made!

A little moss a bromeliad or two, and your well on your way to a natural looking biotope.
I kept Bombina bombina’s and Bombina orientalis almost 20 years ago, they are cool little toads for sure!

7 Likes

Cheers mate :wink:.
I have some plants ordered and I’m growing a Japanese ivy plant and some aquarium carpet at the moment. I’m going to put some fish in and some shrimp in a few days.

6 Likes

Thinking this amy need its own thread. Just throwing it out there. And who the hell is Amy? :ok_hand:

3 Likes