What did you accomplish today?

Very cool. I appreciate that the mat’l isn’t being yanked directly from the wild & you’re sweating good. :slight_smile:

Edge plantings(both in & out of pond) will help but there’s that delay for maturity.

Maybe visualize the “natural” inlet source…e.g. stream, waterfall, spring-fed, etc & work from there.

Making a smooth slope on one edge(like at the beach) might be really nice looking & invite more critters but has no overflow control.

Water cuts gorges & sheer walls exist but sloping valleys & flat-as-hell places also have water. :thinking:

Fun stuff. :thumbsup: :fish:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Very Nice Job, You getting any Koi or fish etc…?

3 Likes

The plan is to stock it, with stuff from a local pond.
There is all kind of goldfish/koi and what not, people have emptied out of aquarium tanks.

So what ever I can catch for free is the plan

4 Likes

Miniature nightmare. Time for my yearly maintenance on the beast :sunglasses:

Gave it a good clean, tank included as it had a load of sediment in the bottom as it’s been sat doing naff all for a short while. Ordered some epoxy resin for my jigsaw puzzle which I’ll likely tackle tomorrow.

Also got some fresh 2-stroke oil to mix the petrol with so once I’ve done with the frame I’ve just to fix some of the lines down as they’ve come loose over time then fingers crossed she’ll be a speed demon again :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Ha I picked up a 1990-91 Hummer H2 by New Bright at a yard sale for 5 bucks Came with battery and controller
The Body is super clean and the Battery still charges up/
I see people are using the top halves (body to Mod a new vehicle from the right parts.

7 Likes

That body would look a lot better on my petrol car :wink: but yeh I don’t remember the brand of mine it’s got a lot of “aftermarket” upgrades so the shocks have been replaced all of the plastic suspension arms have been replaced. Few others bits and bobs like the air filter, tyres n breaks.

There’s over a grand all in to say it’s only a petrol car :joy: when I’ve rebuilt the frame up I’ll take a picture of the internals and what’s on the board for ya to see it in all it’s glory but she is genuinely a beast the frame broke from doing full speed and then breaking hard it literally flips the car over :laughing:

5 Likes

reminds me of when my foreman took me for a test ride in a modified Audi S4(v6 biturbo) to “bed in the brakes”. Ha! Race brakes.

we did about 3 back to back full-throttle runs & full brake in a suburb & the smoke would keep moving forward after we’d stopped :astonished:

nice brakes & ABS is like hitting a wall of Jello… :relieved:

4 Likes

Lol it’s like a drag car funnily enough it doesn’t have the roll bars at the back but it should it does lift its nose on takeoff. It’s just really keen it goes I think 30MPH so you can imagine when you ran the brakes on and the cars bouncing then when it catches something it flies over. They’re good fun though I’m excited to get her out man. I’ve neglected her for a while now so needs some TLC but only minor repairs needed.

5 Likes

@STIGGY internals as promised :+1:

I got the frame back together today, must admit it was a fucking nightmare with the “instant” curing epoxy. I began with trying to epoxy the ends together and holding it for two minutes then moving to the next bit aaaaand that didn’t work. It wasn’t setting fast enough for my impatience. So I pulled the superglue on to get to this stage:

Then I coated over the splits with epoxy gave it a half hour came back taped over every joint with bandage tape there’s a bunch of air holes punctures in it so I taped them all up, epoxied over that like 4 times… I will be putting some black shrink wrap on it to make it look a little prettier and to just add that bit extra stability in there but… it’s ok without adding anything :sunglasses:

Still got hoses and stuff to fix in properly and other aesthetics bits but she’s cushdy :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks very Cool.
How do you start it with a hand held starter or does it have a little pull cord?

4 Likes

Vroom cord bro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh also it’s a 1/5 scale so it’s a big boy :rofl:

7 Likes

I see it Thanks, Must be cool running at 30mph.
I may have to price up a cheap one so I can switch the body out
This is a 1/6 size Hummer (big one) Like yours

3 Likes

Got some plants for the pond project

Working on gettin the edge to look nice and more in place

17 Likes

Well. I finally got everything done and ready to roll aaand I must’ve done something to my controller so it’s not connecting to the fackin transmitter so I’ve another headache to sort out… WHEN it runs it is sick as fuck fast as fuck too like it picks up faster than cars :rofl:

8 Likes

Anything 2 stroke is stupid fast. They can also hurt you badly :rofl:

11 Likes

Lmao this is one of the many reasons I haven’t got a motorbike mate. I am a bit of a nutter when ya put an engine in my hands should see me driving a motor :rofl:

8 Likes

looking fantastic rock on :wink:

4 Likes

Is a very nice pond mate I’d be proud to have that in my garden :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

:skull_crossbones: :motorcycle:

:raised_hand: same here. first ride, CBR500: 110mph in 3rd at 10.5k rpm in a 25mph zone, front end lifted a bit, scared me shitless. Got my license & never rode again. :blush:

8 Likes

Restocked beans for sprouted seed tea at the Asian market. I was pleased to find fresh mung beans available. It didn’t stop me from buying a half dozen bags of packaged mung beans. Mung beans sprout quickly and can be used from seedling to flower stage. They are also tasty in curry dishes and are great meat substitute in samosas.

Cowpea and pigeon peas are also good for rice dishes and stews. Plants provide protein that is easier for my kidneys to handle. I like grapes and the plants never turn down a little sweetness in their sprouted seed tea :wink:

I have a new phone and its giving me agita to post pictures

7 Likes