What’s the weirdest taste/smell you’ve had in a bud?

My uncle who passed away a couple years ago had an IBL that he had been working with for 30ish years. It smelled like peppermint candy and antique store. He grew for many years but my cousin said the seeds were thrown away. It sucks because we are the only growers/stoners in the family.

25 Likes

This is a whole other way than I thought it would. I feel kinda bad now. You have a very wholesome start and I’ve come to make it weird.

The weirdest I’ve had is the cat/ cheetah piss. I cant with it. It smells so bad.
Also when I was a young pup we had some dumpster that was so loud. Like carrying a skunk in your purse. You could NOT take it anywhere. It drew significant attention. I’m still looking for that strain for my garden.

12 Likes

Breakfast sausage :metal: :rofl:. Got it in a Hindu Kush Auto freebie from Seedsman. It was genuine, sage-y full on pork links. My buddy clowned on me after I told him this, then went in the tent & snatched a sugar leaf for him to smell. … he was as blown away as I was/am

Cardamom!! Got this in a pack of @Budderton freebie

If he gave you a pack, pop some!!!

16 Likes

Man I would love some cardamom flavored nuggins! I use it to cook with or make tea/coffee sometimes.

Mine weirdest is probably the savory balsamic vinegar and lavender terps I got from a breeder in colorado. Maybe the best flower I’ve ever had.

3 Likes

I’ve had one that smells like a Halloween store. Kind of like the fake wax Dracula lips. I’ve also had straight gun powder. Also onion body odor. Like fresh from the armpit

7 Likes

It doesn’t have sweet smell but I have a blueberry hash plant x OG that smells exactly like sage (sausage)

3 Likes

Dudette! The cat piss is so terrible! I had a cat when I was a kid that pissed in my clothes still can’t stand cats or ammonia strains

5 Likes

Roast chicken, as if it came right out of the oven and got honey poured all over it.

9 Likes

This is the only Catpiss I like and it’s Golden Mangos: Catpiss x (KC Brain’s Mango x Ken’s GDP). I have the original F1’s and some F2’s the breeder made. I haven’t grown them out myself but they were a great smoke.

6 Likes

I smoked a batch of Donkey Butter that tasted a lot like cold ginger chicken!

5 Likes

Ginger is super weird!

3 Likes

It faded after a week or two but the first few bowls were sharp and fragrant

1 Like

Dirty feet
Hand cream with moisturizer
Church pew just cleaned with Lemon Pledge.

6 Likes

Fish fertilizer and makeup lol :wink:

3 Likes

Sassparilla…straight up root beer taste. Unique and enjoyable!

12 Likes

Ive had something else that smelled like dill pickles

5 Likes

I too would have to say sarsaparilla/rootbeer.
It overpowered everything else I had going at the time and carried into the buds just enough.
Happy Halloween!

4 Likes

apparently, dead whale, according to some folks on OG. also poop. both dog shit and human feces. mexican food, like tamales, was always a good one.

2 Likes

Turkey is definitely the weirdest! Was from ma gooey x run away bride from GLG, have also had one that smelled like straight rotten/spoiled milk :nauseated_face: and a straight musk, like overpowering animal musk! Was absolutely disgusting I gave away that whole crop in fact.

2 Likes

I had a plant that smelled like pickles. Thing smelled as if a jar had just been opened. Friends called the plant “Rick”

10 Likes