What’s the weirdest taste/smell you’ve had in a bud?

I grew one auto that had a smell I can only describe as fur, maybe tanned hide fur with a hint of wet dog, but not the yucky funk wet dog, just the cloying clinging part of the odor. It was sort of tolerable while it was growing, but when I bagged it up for some paper bag cure time it drove me nauseated from the room. Growing one of its descendants right now because it seemed like a good idea to test germination, but am reconsidering after reflecting on the smell. :rofl: They’re auto regs if anyone would like the remainder of the seeds. Other folks in the household agreed the smell was overpowering, didn’t know how to define it, but did not get the urge to vomit. :joy:

Recently harvested two PBB plants that made my entire house smell like fresh stepped-in dogshit. It was overwhelmingly pungent. The dried nugs are more earthy/nutty/gassy but the fresh chopped plant omg :poop::poop::poop:

2 Likes

Pepperoni and cured meat from 70s landrace afgahn also from purple arrow

Straight mold and dirt from kailash

All are very memorable and would grow and smoke them in a heartbeat

1 Like

I got some bud of these guys staying on the side of a mountain One strain tasted just like body odour with a bit of blue energade at the back, was super strange taste but smoked like a bomb, nicknamed it the TimeKeeperKush because of how slow time became and the other strain had a full on SHIT smell with some fruity flavours in the back end, never saw those guys again though maybe they were weedle spirits

4 Likes

So gross, I don’t get people selecting for that haha

1 Like

I grew Northern Lights and it smelled of burnt match.
Never smelled weed just like a freshly lit match.
My buddies never liked it.
But that’s my experience.
Perhaps many have smelled something like that.
:peace_symbol::lobster:

1 Like

I want some of that sarsaparilla weed. Sarsaparilla (the drink) has always been hard to find around here. When I went to Colorado 8 years ago I looked for it in every single gas station, grocery store and even in a couple specially stores between the Rockies and Appalachia. I was bummed because I figured those cowboys would have some.

Then about a year before covid they started selling it at Kroger. I even found some at a Big Lots. It was everywhere and I was in utopia. It was expensive, but I was buying like 20 bottles at a time. Then covid hit and it disappeared again. I haven’t seen any since.

I researched and found out that there was a festival in Indiana once a year where a guy sells homemade Sarsaparilla, and I’m considering driving the 8 or whatever hours for a bottle. lol. So anyways, growing and smoking on it sounds wonderful. I’d keep a mother until the end of time.

1 Like

I bet some Canucks know where the sasparilla is at. They have real cowboys like Colter Wall there.

3 Likes

I didn’t know who that was, so I looked him up and that checks out. He probably makes his own on his ranch.

2 Likes

I just pulled down a durian. BDE x RKS.

i’ve got some sarsparilla skunk and some other mean mug crosses. not sure if I’ll hit the root beer. i wish i would have grabbed the mean mug f2 when they were floating around…currently running a godfather og x mean mug, but I haven’t noticed anything special in the scent.

2 Likes

Grower flaw.

Grower error.

2 Likes

Nah. Wildly diverse genetics involving a landrace. These three phenos came from the same shared patch of both medium and light. Two of the plants grew a second plant from the tap root. Every plant looked, smelled and tasted extremely different. The nice looking bud’s plant was a lemon pheno.

I also ran the strain twice thinking maybe it was me. The second run was as weird as the first.

3 Likes

@PiffElement I wonder what makes you say that? I am interested in learning where I went wrong?
I looked up the breeder notes of the Northern Lights #5
Bred by PeakseedsBC.
And the description states that it is supposed to smell that way?
Now I am curious to see what you say?
I am all ears👂!
I am on this site just for this sort of thang, learning? Like under my name Crawfish at the top of each post. :lobster:
So please I am curious.
I will thank you in advance for any info you could tell me.
My buddies said it stinks. But it sure worked!

3 Likes

Occasionally he’ll sprinkle in some useful information but mostly not much more than trolling. Best to ignore.

6 Likes

Hes the new Dutch Master around these parts.A regular Jack Herer.Let him open his mouth and remove all doubt it will amaze you

2 Likes

@Northern_Loki @CapnCannabis
I was just hoping to learn that’s all?
You never know what they may say. :joy::pray::joy:
I also asked because Peakseedsbc does know what he is doing.
And I am certain PeakSeeds bred in that direction, as per the strains notes on the website.
Just one man’s opinion after all. :joy::joy::joy:
And that happens to be mine!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thanks