What’s the weirdest taste/smell you’ve had in a bud?

I have an auto in flower now that’s smelling like sweet varnish or this stuff you put on wood to close the pores, wood sealer? But very sweet. I like it.

1 Like

Creosote? 10 characters

Creosote is what they put on railroad ties?
No, it smells like the kinda stuff you’d put on furniture.

1 Like

I had a Durban x malana x beldia that came out smelling like diesel, burnt industrial rubber, and leather. The leaves were black and the buds were dark purple.

I had another strains that smelled like baby puke and concentrated oranges. The smell was so noxious that were would get high and start spinning just from trimming it. And the smell lingered.

2 Likes

Yes, that stuff, it also used to be used building docks/peirs.

It’d be filed under “gassy” I guess.

Both of @SCJedi 's Sundae Driver x Grape Stomper OG & Nigerian Sunshine x Grape Stomper OG, dried in too high temps. :blush: 2 months of curing took it away though, thankfully :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Ahh bummer those got binned. I would love to have a plant with that profile!

As someone who’s tried dozens of modern strains, a handful of mutants, and a handful of landraces, so far the strangest taste and smell for me is dill. It’s the only taste that’s overpowered the typical ‘canna’ taste for me. I can’t decide whether I like or not :rofl:

I grew a RKS hybrid that stunk so bad that if I got near her I wanted to vomit. The only skunk I’ve smoked which tasted like a skunk’s asshole.

Then there’s every dessert variation you could think of (all the legal bud seems to be these terps), gassy stuff that coats the inside of your mouth with oily resin, orange, lemon, mango… lots of different terpenes but dill man… it’s something else.

2 Likes

For me a sour bubble tasted of dill. Not the vinegar though.

Also had one smelled of straight up toluene. That was a cross to Cherry Queen. When wet it smelled like jet fuel.

3 Likes

I’m surprised so many people are finding dill/pickle phenos. I’ve never stumbled upon anything remotely close to that. I do love dill and anything pickle.

2 Likes

I had an Walter White auto from Mephisto give me dill pickle terps.

Well I came to the forums this evening for exactly this conversation and once again, you folks never disappoint. I recently harvested my 2nd run ever, these were Black Cherry soda from Blimburn and in no way am I throwing shade towards them or this strain but… The plants smelt wonderful all throughout flowering, literally like nerds candy and very sweet. After harvesting things took a pungent turn for the worse, smelling like some undefinable mint with a slight hint of cat piss. Now in curing the minty smell has faded away and it’s a combination of fescue and cat piss that I only hope will improve with further curing(grove bag). Honestly it’s been so off putting that I don’t even want to smoke it and would rather unload it with someone making edibles. Guess what I was looking for with you guys, was if there’d been a strain you grew that you just couldn’t stand.

1 Like

dude, that sounds awesome. i love weed like that. stank is dank.

1 Like

i picked up a bag of something weird. i think it was stringy buds. i thought there was no way this wasn’t coated with bug spray or something so i just left it in a jar and moved on. i opened it a while later and it smelled like exotic chemical fruit and banana laffy taffy i think. i ran out of bud and ended up smoking it because the smell changed but looking back it maybe have had something like bugspray on it. i was an idiot for even trying it. .

I’ve had some Kush(?) x ? Cross that was a local strain in the early 2000s that repeatedly smelled like roast beef, maybe slightly rancid roast beef, every time we ran it. Pungent, too. Was great smoke but man those buds were rank.

4 Likes

I recently grew skunk tangerine I Collett tangerine skunk because it’s such a tangerine Rind smell it makes me sick just to smell it I cannot smoke it I’ve tried multiple times and I just gag on it
Another member is visiting me tomorrow and I’m going to give him some and see what he thinks about it because there seems to be some wide spread opinions on this bud

3 Likes

My very first grow had some bag seed that my dad grew out, but didn’t pull the males. So I used some of the new seeds, and man… Straight baby shit. It got to the point where it made me nauseous when I opened the tent, and harvesting was so bad that I refused to smoke that strain afterward.

2 Likes

One of my phenos of Cannarado’s Golden Gushers smelled exactly like fried chicken.

3 Likes

one thing i’ve found is that weed that smells horrible, normally smokes great.

i can’t stand pickles or dill. got a Malawi f1 hybrid this year that smells so much like dill you’d be surprised it’s cannabis. absolutely love the stuff!

grew out a roadkill skunk hybrid that was so awful i couldn’t be near her flowering, the plant smelled like vomit to me. the absolute best thick skunky tasting bud, mm.

i have had good smelling strains taste awful too :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I smoked some bud that smelled of gunpowder and tasted like dank licorice.

3 Likes

that sounds :fire:

1 Like