What to breed with Lebanese?

Very interesting and informative! Peace and love all !

4 Likes

Er, no. Which is why I picked up some Lebanese beans in trade when I got a chance. There are CBD:THC strains like Hurkle and Sour Tsunami now. They are highly variable in tested CBD from plant to plant here. Most CBD hybrids are bred with indicas and I prefer sativas. So Lebanese is better for me I got some govā€™t issue Canadian CBD hemp in trade here on OG recently. I have not had a chance to grow any yet. They are variable in CBD output also.

CBD is elusive. High THC is far easier to get. Even THCv is easier to breed for.

3 Likes

I wonder if Erdpurt would be a good one to try breeding with Lebanese. Someone else (on another forum) tried it but I am waiting on more details of how it turned out.

4 Likes

You and I must be in each otherā€™s back yard.
The wife likes the 1:1 CBD strains like Durga Mata II, so I will be trying something that has a chance of being higher in CBD as well - I know itā€™s a crap shoot. I have Erdpurt on order, so thatā€™s funny you mentioned it.

Also should be getting CBD Divine as it has a 6-8 week flowering (so they say). Most seeds donā€™t live up to their claims though hey?

What about a cross with PCK? Not high in CBD, but itā€™s supposed to be able to handle the temperature fluctuations we get. It may help to make the buds a little denser.

Anyway, Iā€™ll make sure to share any successes and all failures with you, as itā€™s a challenge here for sure.

3 Likes

Hey @cannaloop are you in ā€œThe Loopsā€ ? :wink:

1 Like

Well, thatā€™ll make seed trading easy. :smile:

Dufferin, here.

1 Like

Erdpurt strain history makes zero sense to me. Said to be a pure indica by some, and indica dom by others. Yet it was bred from 2 sativa dominant parents? Erdurt is also highly variable in both THC (4-8%) and CBD (6-12%). You would likely get an even wider array of results with any hybrid with Lebanese by popping the cork of the genetic genie. Such is my experience with F1 hybrids anyway.

5 Likes

As always, I appreciate your insight on all of this, sir!

1 Like

So I think I will stick to strains I already have. I have been tempted to buy a few more but I have managed to hold off.
So far I am pretty sure of the following plan:

Sprout a few of the Lebanese and pick 2 females and 1 male to put outside. Then choose one more of the strains I have and put 1 female outside. Ideally, I will be able to physically isolate the Lebanese male so that I can control the selective pollination of a few branches of each female. I understand the challenges involved and would appreciate any tips on how to accomplish this outdoors.

That extra strain that I put outside might end up being Original Afghani or maybe CBD Yummy. So difficult to choose!

3 Likes

Note: I also understand that it might not be very easy (at all possible?) to determine the sex of the Lebanese plants before they are moved outside. Perhaps it will end up being a roll of the diceā€¦

1 Like

You acknowledged the challenge and yessiree pollen flies like nothing else Iā€™ve seen. My first thought was to make a clear plastic cylinder around the male with rigid panels(not cheap) like a giant sapling protector or small greenhouse with no roofā€¦ :sweat_smile:

My outdoor seedrun last year gave me more seeds than iā€™d planned & was pretty cautious/careful with it. :blush:
Iā€™d let that pollen do itā€™s thing for 24 hours after hand pollinating & bagging, then spritz with water to neutralize the extraneous stuff.

If you have a consistent wind direction or pattern that helpsā€¦put male down-wind of ladies.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Interesting idea about the clear plastic cylinder, @cannabissequoia ! It might be worth a try. Although it wonā€™t stop the bees, at least it will help with the wind. Wind direction is pretty variable here (mountains) but I will try to figure out the prevailing wind direction and then make my choices accordingly. Thanks brother!

3 Likes

I figured out a much better plan to control the pollen; move the male inside to my tent. Donā€™t know why it took this long to figure it out. :smiley:

Although, outdoor growing is legal now and I know for sure some of my neighbours are smokers, so thereā€™s no guarantee that Iā€™ll actually be able to control the pollination of my females. I should at least have a chat about it with my one next-door neighbour. I bet heā€™ll be growing out back for sure. Maybe we can agree to cull males or put them indoors.

3 Likes

Dunno why it jumped out to me but was thinking of TGA/Subcoolā€™s Jackā€™s Cleaner 2 as a mate for Lebanese. Itā€™d ideally add potency & maybe lemon & would probably be a similar size & structure. ??? :thinking:

2 Likes

:scream:

JACKS CLEANER 2 IS A VERY CLOSE RECREATION OF OUR MOST DOMINANT SATIVA HYBRID AND MOST POTENT STRAIN, JACKS CLEANER. THIS IS BUBBLEMANā€™S FAVORITE BUBBLE MAKING PLANT. THIS STRAIN IS INTENSE, TRIPPY, VISUAL, PHASE SHIFTING AND CAN CAUSE PARANOIA. IT CAN INCREASE HEART RATE AND APPETITE. IT IS GREAT FOR PAIN RELIEF.

This sounds downright horrific to me. Sorry, but this is the last plant I would ever grow, much less breed with such a wonderful, mild plant as the Lebanese.

3 Likes

:expressionless: :smile:

perfect example of how different our many needs with this plant can be. personally, iā€™d grow & try the JC & Vortex just to disprove the claim. :imp: :thumbsup:

itā€™s been mentioned to me here & elsewhere that this phenomena/experience is similar to the ADD treatment with stimulants. :thinking:

kinda had a hunch you might turn it down :blush:, sorry; at least that gives me a good jumping off point for my next idea. :laughing:

ā€œblue shark CBDā€; i just discovered this one & like it A LOTā€¦as in, now I really get it about CBD! itā€™s (variously) blueberry x sharkshock CBDā€¦

edit: the previous CDB flower iā€™ve tried has been bad-tasting if effective, but this oneā€™s very smokeable

5 Likes

No need to apologize, man! Iā€™m just one of those guys that likes his THC around 4%.

Way I see it, if it is too weak I can always smoke more, and I really enjoy the actual act of smoking it, savouring it.

What fun is there in having one small puff and putting it out? (because thatā€™s about all I can handle of most strains, even ones that many people would consider weak).

The CDB Blue Shark sounds nice. Barneyā€™s has seeds, but holy phuckā€¦

ā€œCBD Blue Shark FEM - 1 Seeds US$17.63ā€

4 Likes

If you want ADD treatment, try Durban Poison. Or any South African strain. They are high in THCV. THCV is similar to stimulant treatment for ADD with amphetamines like Ritalin. Without the amphetamine.Other really high THCV strains are Dougs Varin and Willie Nelson.

4 Likes

:wink: Durban Poison is one of my most important/favorite varieties. :thumbsup:

Iā€™ve found this about myself through trial and error, not an over-paid jerk in a lab-coat, fwiw. (always hesitant to add more labels/acronyms to myself) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just purchased some of theseā€¦ https://sensiseeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/ruderalis-indica?sqr=ruder&

Thinking that might make an interesting breeding partner to the Lebanese.

Also grabbed some of theseā€¦ https://sensiseeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/guerrilla-s-gusto?sqr=guer&

The price was right (worked out to a bit over $3 per seed, total including shipping) at regseeds.com (thanks for the info @PanchoVilla !) so I said phuck it.

This seed buying addiction needs to stop!

6 Likes