Whatnows world of wrestling with growing

They sure bounce right back, don’t they? :grin:

2 Likes

Great thread, brother!
Glad you gave the shout to check it out, and I’ll be pulling up a chair, that may or may not end up flying.
I missed the boat on wrestling for the most part when I was young, but I’ve come to respect the hell out of them as people and performers, the older I get. Remarkable sh!t y’all do. Actually just caught the Hot Ones episode Mick Foley did about a week ago, and it was a damn good one, as I’d expect from someone like him.
The grow is looking great! Looks like that Grimm gear is gonna have you set with a healthy stash come harvest. And the Scarlet Grapes are looking like they love the beating! That’s good to keep in mind over here for next run, since we plan on scrogging our auto run.
Damn glad to cross paths! Thanks for showin’ the grow!
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

3 Likes

Mick is such a nice guy. He came to our old school and taught some training sessions. Have a move combo in particular i use from one of those with him. His daughter Noelle also used to train with us out in Long Island.

3 Likes

Funny y’all are talking bout Mick Foley.
I just watched a bio/documentary on him and his career this morning while working in the grow room. I quite enjoyed his personas growing up also.
Noelle is a smoke show! Lol

3 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

Day 23

4 Likes

Day 32/33
IMG_1789

10 Likes

Scarlet Grapes?
Hey @Going2fast.

2 Likes

Yes the pics from today are the Scarlet Grapes. Lol he knows he requested the normal room lighting ones

3 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

I need descriptions! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Rosetta 78 on the left, middle is Puck Yes, right is Durban/Thai x C99. Day 30F. Puck Yes will most likely be done before the other 2. Rosetta 78 should take the longest on the 3 from what I’ve read/ seen on Reddit so far since 2 are from the tester section of Bros Grimm. The Rosetta 78 when I did a stem rub like a week ago smelled so much like a slice of fresh nyc pizza that I had to go a check if there was any in the house I was smelling. It’s gotten sweeter since then but still hints of it. The stem rub DTxC99 has a very citrusy orange lemon smell. The Puck Yes is my favorite of the stem rub smells so far with a sweet funk smell is best I could describe it. Also to note there has been no hermies in there if you notice any pollinated spots. I f’d up with the BOG BMR pollen doing some pollen chucking on some other plants. Made sure everything was washed but I figured out I was the cause by not cleaning out my nose enough. Guess I breathed some in and it’s on the exact spots in front where I would breath on them the first places I normally look checking on them for so that backfired but not upset about it. Also there’s 0 spots in the back effected so narrowed down what caused it.

5 Likes

You definitively have the hand, and it’s my turn to post the comment i’m hating the most.

Often, people consider that i grow like in 70’s in using neon-tech for everything. Then i get the recurrent *“if you was growing on strong HPS (replace it by ~3µmols panel today), the potential of your grow will be better expressed”.

My turn to be this kind of douchebag with partial view of the equation ^^ I think that a better, more white, spectrum can change your game. Now you can immolate me :sweat_smile:

update : happy to cross the path of a SCBB lover, and no it’s not a mid as is the Big Bud. The most hyped strain of the planet is actually built on this base btw ^^ When i ask questions to someone flaming the BB (overall), i generally discover at the end that the stoner is unable to describe me the plant and its inherent specificity. And when it’s not the case, i generally discover that the plant was grown like an afghani ^^ 50 days is a big lie of Sensi, this lady take torque only at 70 days ^^ Culling before is like harvesting weed at the first pistils, you’re not gonna to be baked.

2 Likes

For the scarlet grapes in my veg tent they are under the “flowering” lighting spectrum. One of those lights with 2 switches. I just shut of the flowering switch for pics cause I think of the 2 light spectrums I can take better quality pics they’re not under that spectrum for more than a min or 2 for pics then I flip the other back on. With both on everything looks purple and less clear. The light that’s in there was just a cheap pos one that was only intended to just keep some mothers alive and pop seeds but I had the bright idea to pop some autos in there and now it’s just chaos it that tent at the moment. That light is just junk from Home Depot that I got cause was given a gift card so used it so I had something to keep mother plants alive. Pretty much same with the light that’s in the flower space it wasn’t a thought out planned purchase. That light was bought at a local grow shop cause it was there and needed something just to finish someone’s outdoor plants that they panicked when they grew taller than their backyard fence a year or two ago. It’s worked great for everything I needed so far. Would love a stronger light but the electric in this old house sux and too much just pops a circuit breaker which is why I’m in soil instead or running a tray or 2. This is just my first grow since the early 2000s when I was in Humboldt because I haven’t found anything I like in years and now rec laws allow it here. Almost everything available is either wet, quick dried or just some other way they rushed the process and the resulting quality isn’t worth it. After working in wrestling for years the covid shut downs ruined a lot of stuff for me career wise and financially. Wrestling is finally picking back up on the indy level but there’s no $ there unless you become one of the worldwide fan favorites. Even then you’ll most likely make more on merch than actually working the show. Only really $ is to get signed to a major tv contracted company. I do other work as well to pay the bills but inflation is out of hand in NYC currently. So eventually as I can afford to I’ll upgrade what I can as I go.

2 Likes

The one thats worked great so far:

The cheap home depot one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/20in-450-Watt-Equivalent-Full-Spectrum-Red-Indoor-LED-Plant-Grow-Light-Fixture-3000k-Warm-White-ZNET8-A/325409455

1 Like

Make more sense now, i understand.

On electric draw it’s not a big deal in general, a big ~600w panel is supposed to pull between 2 and 3 amps in general. I’m not very familiar with US standards but i guess a plug socket have a line of 16a like here. On consumption it’s another matter, if your limit is around let’s say 2Kw the panel is a third of the global margin … without talking about the 4 digits price of the said panel ^^

There is a bunch of penny-wise subjects on this matter here, some are really tricky to compress costs.

Wrestling, the situation is what it is but i find it cool as fuck ^^ I guess with the MMA/UFC trend (not a fan, i’m a bit old fashioned for it) it’s even harder to last economically. I sincerely wish you will find a way in this jungle.

1 Like

Scarlet grapes are doing great but needed to tie them back cause I need space in the front for a week or two before i can let them have more space back again. Also went and found one of my reptile dome lights to get better lighting.

7 Likes

Nice thread…I pull up a chair!
All the best for the grow,Stiffy!

2 Likes