What's the Stoniest Stone Out There???

I’ve been in the same situation and the thc, cbd and cbn really helps the body and mind to relax and ease the anxiety and melatonin will put you to sleep. It was the only way I could sleep for many years.

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

give the frequencies a shot. they have helped my entire household get some restful sleep. and it doesn’t bother any of the dogs (we have a LOT of dogs) they all sleep just fine with the tones playing all night.

everyone else has given good advice with strains and such. i have nothing to add there.

shut your screens off an hour before you go to bed. give your brain that cooldown from the blue lights (read a book instead?).
drop your oil/gummies or smoke your bong/bowl/bone 30 min before bed.
i turn the frequencies on my desktop computer with the good sound system, and then turn off the monitors (no blue light!) put it to where it’s loud enough to hear and just below the “too annoyingly loud” to sleep level. hop in bed, and crash hard.

hope all this helps. insomnia sucks. i struggled with it for a LONG time when i got out of the army.

3 Likes

Thanks again, appreciate all the input and everyone taking the time to help. This community is a beautiful thing!

3 Likes

Personally I sleep better coming down from a buzzy sativa type than I do getting omega stoned with a heavy indica type.

1 Like

it is!
i <3 this place too.

Yeah I’ll definitely get to em. Sounds good, thanks

My recommendation would be to grow an indica dominant variety and let it flower an extra week or two until you see plenty of amber trichomes.

bubba Kush is usually a pretty safe bet for a relaxing stone. Black domina was another good recommendation.

You can also try mixing your week with an indica CBD flower (bought from any # of online vendors).

Also:

I started making my own CBD and CNB tinctures with coconut oil and CBD or CBN isolate, distillate or full spectrum extract. It’s really easy to make. I just add the CBD or CBN in a dropper bottle with the coconut oil, then I gently heat it on a coffee warmer for a couple hours to get everything fully dissolved. You can just use warm/hot tap water too but the coffee mug warmer is easier IMO.

I can give you the name of the places I order from if you like (gilded extracts, usually). I’ve been using pure CBN tincture for sleep and it’s definitely helped.

3 Likes

Yes man that’s exactly what you need! My whole
life nothing gets me relaxed and a good nights sleep with a clear head like a long day of hiking or cycling and then sleeping in the woods. Those beta-endorphins from exercise make cannabis hit me way different, I’m definitely more relaxed on the same strains smoked out there than at home. When are you going out? Winter hiking or a spring plan?

2 Likes

April 7th is my start date in GA. There’s some that have already started but April sounded a bit more appealing

1 Like

Awesome yeah those folks are starting out in snow I’d rather end in snow if I had to, normally they’re probably right (other than the southern mud) but the fall in New England is preferable to me than a frosty spring in Georgia. I’ve hiked the CT and MA branches before, you’ll have to hit me up when you get to the MA border, I know a few good crossing spots we could meet up for a little trail angel dropoff. I bet you could make a thread here and get a lot of OGs to help out with rest days or town rides if you wanted to go that way! Would be a fun way to meet some folks that I’ve considered doing as a bike tour down the East Coast Greenway or the canal trails from upstate NY down the Delaware River to Trenton NJ.

As to the alt cannabinoids people have mentioned I agree wholeheartedly with that, my best nighttime salad mix joints besides the heavy indicas are mixes with some CBG or CBD/CBN bud, I keep around some stuff I grew a few years ago that had nice looking buds but no high at all figuring it must be CBD dominant and at this point it’s all CBD/CBN. Really makes the rounded effect that floats me off to dreamland, there’s a ton of good cheap sources now for flower or concentrates to mix with Type I high-THC flowers. Take a look at these:

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea and Id definitely be down to do that!

2 Likes

Hoku is great! Ordered from them a few times. My newest has been Ellie-hou farms. Their deals on “smalls” is the best deal going on CBD flower that I’ve found (I’m sure there’s other great deals out there…). The smalls are like normal sized buds for the most part and a QP is dirt cheap.

Also, check out the prices at gilded extracts and GVP biopharma for cheap isolate + distillate.

3 Likes

This is a paper by Ethan Russo I just found access to, actually it’s a chapter in a pharmacology manual, but it covers what was known as of 2017 about minor cannabinoids, so sorta outdated with how fast things move but Ethan is one of the best, worth a look!

The-Usual-Suspects-and-a-Few-Promising-Leads.pdf (1.5 MB)

Of all the smokables at Hoku right now my own interest is piqued the most by these products:

1 Like

@bevestaldo another suggestion that might help you immediately is to try the different colors of noise, I personally find white noise irritating but pink or brown noise is very relaxing and helps my anxiety and getting to sleep. Here’s a comparison of those three:

And here’s 12 hour loops of a bunch of different colors of noise (and also the Enterprise-D engines at idle, which I like a lot), just click the playlist tab at the top of the video to see all the different ones:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9yIo0q4GqJLeO2bMs5SvM1Y2j1jFM436&si=ftnRrZjcJj0vKU4r

2 Likes

Damn comedians… A little comic relief always helps

Oh nice thanks I’ll check it out, really glad I posted that question. Y’all have been great with input and info. Whenever I sleep I’ll be sure to document it haha

1 Like

Wow that’s the same cross ACE used for bubba hash plant and I love that weed. I also found a cbd/thc pheno in that cross

1 Like

AKBeanBrains has the Original Black Domina genetics, from the 90s. In a couple of configurations. Ie,…
95 Black Domina BX
Black Domina IBX
SoHum Blk Dom/95 Blk Dom F2
SoHum Blk Dom BX
Others he has that would also fuit the bill are.
NL1
NL5
Sensi Star F4
G13 x Hashplant. This one is supposed to be different, than Nevils.
M10 x Purest Indica
Pine Tar Kush IBL
Sensi Star/NL1

Another great strain, and one of the best for the money, is

NWSun version of Crickets and Cicada & Pacific Northwest Hashplant x Puck/NL1 F2

He took the first release, and F2 it. C&C, only released these one time, and if one wants these genetics, which are the closest thing to Nevils original Hashplant. Until Bob rereleases the original, this is the only place to get these genetics. Strainly. NWSun, he is also a member here. I bought 2 packs for $100, and he gave me a free pack. $100, included shipping. Its all I can do to not buy a couple more packs. Im also waiting for his release of the C&C F2, of the Lebanese x Puck/NL1. I had all the first releases, and gave them to a buddy, for F2, and he did it, and I hadnt heard from him in a few says, and went to his house, and found him dead. All the weed, and seeds hidden, never to be found. C&C also released a Nepali x Puck/NL1 on the first release.
Black Domina probably yields better, and is/can be, extremely good weed, but Id have a hard time not buying the PNWHP X Puck/NL1, vs everything else, if I wanted an Indica. Especially at $45 a 10 pack, and $10 shipping.

Email Dave, and ask for a complete seed list. He also usually gives a good amount of freebies. dankortowne@gmail.com I always ask for the freebies to be the same, as the seeds I bought, so I will have more looks at those specific genetics. He has always given, what I ask for, and more.

3 Likes

It’s still Peanut Butter Breath, hands down :fire::fire::fire:

I just had my buddy over & he’s a “dabber”. Brought over his new Puffco Proxy, that thing is SWEET :ok_hand: ripped some dabs, then packed him a couple bowls of flower. … He really enjoyed the Chernobyl but he had to sit down after a bong rip of PBB :rofl::metal::skull::skull::skull:

1 Like

Violet Kush auto from garden of green has been putting me asleep real fast.

I’ve done 3 hour decarb time (100C/212F) on a Sour Blutooth, so lots of CBN and little to no THC, holy cow, it pretty much reduced me to blubber but didn’t help me sleep.
I think CBN mainly acts as a muscle relaxant.

Perhaps, when it comes to THC improving sleep it’s a matter of low dosage, ingest less than you think you need.

I find that when I’m on this bordline of feeling high but not really, that’s when I sleep best.

1 Like