When using Overgrow Do you ever?

Whats up amigos!!! So something I seem to do a lot is,

Type a Reply to someones post or thread and end up erasing it instead of posting the reply.

Does anyone else do this?

16 Likes

yea…

sometimes I’ll do it and then think better of myself…

I think “is this 2 minutes of being right gonna make the rest of my day better or are my fingers gonna hurt later?”

7 Likes

Usually if I have something either I really shouldn’t say. Or I really should but don’t anticipate having the time to reply with any depth to the respondents. But yeah all the time bro

8 Likes

I bite my tongue about 420 times a day in general. I’ve found as I get older the skin on a lot of the younger generation has gotten a lot thinner.

I find myself asking, is this reply going to insult someone and get asked the question “Do you want to abandon this post” several times a day when I have a minute to chill and read.

So many ways to do things with this plant that it does not make sense to argue with someone over any of it. Living up to my own expectations is hard enough.

:older_man:

20 Likes

Yes. A couple times a day, every day. :grin:
Most of the time it’s just a sentence or two that don’t add anything to the conversation. (Literally almost deleted this instead of posting. :joy: )

9 Likes

Yes. Usually happens when I look at what I typed and think, Does this really add anything to the conversation or am I just expressing an opinion that nobody cares about…

7 Likes

I love this thread, I do this often. Especially when my first thoughts are on being an asshole haha. It’s so hard to take the high road sometimes!

10 Likes

Obviously I don’t lol but I do that every where else

3 Likes

Yup, biting my tongue regularly.

Finding a way to express myself and help others is always the preferred path forward for me.

If I can’t achieve this I abort the message.

11 Likes

Yup…I’m doing it right now…:bear:

5 Likes

It’s better to say nothing and let others think you’re a fool, than to open your lips and prove them right.

I do this a lot but mostly for fear of sounding stupid, there’s some conversations I’d love to get in on. I think my humility and honesty early on here has made me me out to look like a bit of a dunce and I got this whole “village idiot” feeling so I’ll end up proof reading a sentence 100 times and then deleting it before replying.

9 Likes

I’ve been posting on a couple of audio/music forums for about 12 years and so many of those guys are right into their ganja but we could never talk openly about it. Some of the diy audio fanatics have the most high tech grows you will probably never see :laughing: I only ever seem to post on here these days so what does that say about me lol. Sometimes i wonder why i bother, why would anyone give a dam what i think lol.

Mainly i think of it as taking part in a like minded community. I try not to piss people off and i’m not adverse to saying sorry if i have done. Slainte :thumbsup:

8 Likes

Pretty much every post I make has something deleted, edited, or censored. One of the advantages of being able to think about what I say, before I say it (in text).

8 Likes

:evergreen_tree: <— barely suppresses those but has been pretty good so far

5 Likes

Ive erased nearly all my shark tank replies.
I just don’t want to perpetuate that darkness here.
I probably don’t erase enough and I upload too Many pics stressing the database.
I’m working on it though, I love sharing when I can.

7 Likes

Yes I do this. I think it helps this community that so many do this. Since we are not face to face we can actually take the time to think about what we are saying and are less likely to stir up people…
Also typing it out then deleting it kinda helps get it out without causing problems…

7 Likes

All the time !!
Thought it was just me

2 Likes

I edit, delete, censored myself, and I still say stupid shit sometimes. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Everyday. Always want to get in on the conversation but feel embarrassed or not experienced enough to make a comment. After 4-5 times of completing erasing a comment and rewriting it, I just give up.

I feel like I have so much to learn that I’m better off just standing back and letting you guys do your thing. Then take notes and hopefully have the balls to say something.

7 Likes

Some here have been at this a long time but we are all still capable of learning things and still make mistakes at times. Join in when you feel comfortable :sunglasses:

5 Likes