When using Overgrow Do you ever?

You’d think that but I’ve yet to grow out a healthy seedling :laughing: Fortunately, I don’t have the same problems with clones…

… and yes, I write about 10x as many replies as I post. I’m about a C- grower on a good day, and anything else I have to write is straight-up nonsense and I’d feel bad for wasting everyone’s time :grin:

2 Likes

I feel you there. My plants and genetics are pretty mediocre and I don’t feel like they stand up anywhere near most of the stuff I see on here. But they get better and better each harvest.

1 Like

Triumph = Try with a little umf.

Keep seedin’

5 Likes

I love that. Just may be my next tattoo!

2 Likes

Not until August, I think it is. I’ll have to get dates of the event from the Mrs. How far are you from Brimfield MA? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Its in MA, less than 3 hours.

2 Likes

You ever forget you’re writing a reply, and three hours later when you finally post it, there’s sixteen other posts and you’re not even on topic anymore? :joy: :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

Happens to me all too often :joy:

1 Like

DIYaudio.com is one of the best forums on the internet!! Been way too long since I’ve been there or built anything. Have a speaker project that’s been on hold for 2 years! Now that I have a garage, I have no excuse.

I obviously don’t know when to hold back on my off topic posts.

3 Likes

Forums are dull places without some off topic banter :laughing: I built quite a few stunning amplifiers with the help of some good people on that forum but it is a stuffy place to spend too much time and they default to boring pissing contests far to readily imo. You should finish your speaker project bro and post pics, @anon58740919 has a thread somewhere for members projects/creations that’s been neglected for too long :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Overbuild. Will be getting a regeneration with a tardis. Got a few scraps to make a start. The Mrs has me making the lad a low bed so thought I’d Chuck a few extra lengths of scant on the order :wink:

3 Likes

:laughing: I never let the stuffiness and pissing contests get to me much, but I know what you are talking about.

I finished several full-range MLTL speaker projects and a few amps and DACs, but I really want to build a pair of full-range BLHs with a pair of MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 that I have sitting in boxes. Maybe Planet-10’s Frugelhorn XL or Woden Design’s Silbury.

I’ll try to find that thread!

3 Likes

Good thing your still young and have energy to spare since you have so much going on. It tires me out just trying to keep track bro :laughing:

I’m much the same just older , always have to have a project on the go :grin:

1 Like

Do you use the same user name on there bro cos it does look familiar. I know most of those projects and followed a few of them, last time i spoke to planet10 he was in danger of being washed away by a flood, hope he’s doing ok he’s quite a character eh.
I built a few chip amps, My-Ref mono blocks, a dual chip c-moy headphone amp and a DCB-1 pre-amp, a JC2 clone (John Curl is quite a character/legend too lol) oh and a passive pre-amp too. I was going to build a set of open baffle speakers but that never happened, i like my bass so the monkey coffins are staying :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, I do use the same handle over there. Can’t remember when I last logged in. Built a few Class D amps (“The Wiener” being the best of those, by far) and I heavily modified a Chinese tube amp (replaced most components and rewired it from ultralinear to triode). Some day I want to build one of Nelson Pass’s amp camp amps. My MLTLs push some serious bass - it is quite shocking what a full range speaker can do.

Here’s a pair of MLTLs that I designed and built with single 3" full range drivers. There is NO SUB in this room. Just those two little 3" speakers! (these are the smallest ones I ever built and weren’t designed for high power, obviously - small bedroom system).

And no, that crappy Lepai didn’t stay in service long!

1 Like

Not too much. I’m a jackass, but inherently kind. My first response here is always for the sake of learning or being kind. The older I get the less concerned I am about asking stupid questions too.

2 Likes

That’s why you looked familiar, i do remember you lol. And i still have a hankering to build that wee Nelson Pass kit too. I took part in that build thread early on but never got around to buying the components. Life got in the way. Anyway you should check out colas overbuild thread bro, i just posted pics of my current amps and it would be good to see your builds if you fancy posting pics :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yes!! All the time!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

no i only see myself editing because i put my finger wrong and misspell a word of a pic dint load like is supposed, life have showed me if dont have something good to say or to add just dont write or talk is simple, much better than try to elininate what you write just keep it to yourself

Like this one is edited again cuz finger are.to big for.the phone dammit and click post automatically lol

2 Likes

About 90% get typed, edited, erased.

2 Likes