Where O”where is the original GDP? Or grape ape, purple urkle or old mendo purp.

Been having a hankering for some classic grape purple goodness lately. Mellow indicas fit my tastes well. Ill probably try out bodhis black light fantasy (mendo purp x purple unicorn) and see how it goes. Hoping it ends up very tasty.

8 Likes

I would think that these would be the real deal.

Also they have a promo code “Overgrow” for 30% off.

Wonder how many people are still interested in GDP it could be something we may want to look into preserving.

9 Likes

@potdaddy4x4 I actually grew out a ilgm GDP from a friend a couple months ago, honestly I thought it was pretty good, really did remind me of the GDP I had years ago. But who knows if what I had then was a true GDP cut )

![IMG_20210928_143432654|375x500]

I’m sure It would have grown a little darker if I let it get colder

15 Likes

Been missing having a good purple
Around lately……decided to grab 2; humboldt csi purple urkle s1 as well as JOTI’s “the purps”. From what I’ve read purple urkle may have been derived from/a select pheno of mendo purps so perhaps these two are related! Can’t wait to have some nice relaxing purple in my jars again.

2 Likes

Only a few people have urkle. Your best bet are those humboldt packs.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about authentic genetics GDP (which I definitely remember fondly from years ago) but from what I read it’s basically purple Urkel x big bud so was looking for the less watered down purple strains.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank You for posting this and the discount code!
Mel Frank is great, i read his classic “growing weed” book back in the 80’s when i was in High School.

3 Likes

Are these a repackage of Ken GDP or an F2? sold as GDP? And isn’t Ken selling GDP seeds again?

3 Likes

Mel Frank made these for Authentic Genetics from seed stock he got from Ken Estes in 2013. I reached out to him to ask about it, and just started 5 of these last week.

7 Likes

Kens selling, but its hit and miss with the beans. It was 20 bucks a bean. I think with Mel selling gdp Kens prices have dropped to be a competitive on pricing.

1 Like

Hope you get a reply. Unless I’m missing something. Like ‘reproduced with permission’ or GDP F2 why is this not a straight rip-off? We don’t repro seeds on OG when the strain is current and from the original breeder, right? I dunno maybe Ken let it happen? Hope so, the dude is in a wheelchair and an honest seed maker, IMO.

3 Likes

I did get a reply. Ken gifted him seeds in 2013 and he has been reproducing them for years. Ken didn’t create GDP just brought it to the mainstream from what I understand. Mel has reproduced it enough times it’s definitely his work now vs the original clone GDP.

9 Likes

@Greasy thanks for hitting us back with a answer. Everyones looking for the most original genetics they can find so this helps im sure.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, I wonder if they are friends…

1 Like

my grease monkey I’m crossing with gdp

13 Likes

@Greasy my thread Mel franks GDP run explains something’s. It’s also a long one. Lol. But to keep it short. The ag stuff is kens stuff that was kens GDP clone only to unknown male. I believe they are about a F4 from the first drop, and then from there was f5, then a open selective pollination of the f5 population. I could be wrong but from talking to Jim I’m pretty sure that’s where they are at.

3 Likes

I think it’ll always be a bit of a mystery exactly what is going on in the Mel Frank GDP line. I asked Mel directly and all could tell me was the original seeds he had came from Ken, and he’s been growing them since 2013. I have a few going now and look forward to seeing what I find.

3 Likes

Eric with dungeon vault genetics worked with Ken at the time. I’ve meet him and talked to him about things to get a better idea. He is a good person to talk to on the subject.

6 Likes

So I had the chance to sit down with kens team the other day at the summit lounge in MA.

Kensgdp is the new IG, kens a really nice dude, and his team is on point.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.