Where O”where is the original GDP? Or grape ape, purple urkle or old mendo purp.

I just brought home a purple punch from the colorado dispensary to work with… im looking for the GDP too… got a black mamba thats a black domina x gdp but haven’t come across the original

3 Likes

9 Likes

Ooh black mamba is definitely a nice strain too :slight_smile:

@Stankynugget what’s ogkz? Looks great!

2 Likes

Ogkz is zkittlez x OG kushbreath. It’s nice. Not to fruity cuz the og funk! Real nice smoke. It was quick also it always looked about two weeks ahead of everything else I was growing with it… I let it go a little longer than needed but l like my buds to be real narcotic like…

2 Likes

I can get a couple cuts to you if you want it.

1 Like

Hey brother! Did u find what your looking for? Are you getting close?

I found a guy that’s got it. But it’s flowering and he’s about to put lavender pollen on it… but no one with a gdp mom yet. I know she’s out there, I have faith.

2 Likes

I just can’t believe someone here doesn’t have anything. Is it really that rare?

Surprisingly yes. I don’t get it either. There’s a lot of stuff with gdp as a parent but not any strait gdp.

Just saw a GDP clone the other day…been about a year since I’ve seen them but they sit around a lot because it’s been grown by everyone in this area! Usually slow growers too

https://www.fastweed.com/gdp-clone.html

Well if you see it again get it for me an I will shower you with riches!

Ken Estes created grandaddy purple in Oakland CA around 2003. Look up Ken’s Grandaddy Purple for legitimate seeds. They are still around.

5 Likes

I want a old cutting. I know I won’t find what I’m looking for buying beans.

3 Likes

Very true. The original commercial cut was something really special, and you would definitely be finding much different phenos in a pack of seeds. the line has plenty of diversity including green phenos, so if you want that candy smelling purple you do want a cut. Good luck!

Let us know if you find what you’re looking for, I think a lot of us have been seeking it for years. I’ll be sure to let you know what I find in my packs from Ken.

4 Likes

Ken Estes is a local hero

edit- a pretty goofy interview on the origins of gdp

2 Likes

GDP is so many people’s favorite smoke! I’m not trying to start any controversy. It’s a shame some people let the good solid stable genetics die off and we got sooooo much stuff now it makes my brain hurt. I was thinking yesterday about how jacked cannabis genetics are going to be after the auto flowers getting into all kinds of stuff.
Hey on another topic, kids in a Ohio college got e.coli to excrete psilocybin in significant levels! So just like they were talking about altering it to make THC they got it making the magic from psilocybin containing mushrooms!

5 Likes

All i seem to find are males. Nor do i wish to grow such a slow growing plant the way it is now. Ive done it and the pollen is worth it but i cant imagine trying to clone and grow a full sized garden solely with Ken’s GDP females.

1 Like

Well I don’t care how slow it grows. It’s worth it in the end.

2 Likes

I found some beans. Still searching for a solid cutting…thanks for your guy’s help!

6 Likes

Do you mind me asking what the origin of the genetics is? Just curious how it might compare to my packs from ken.

The packs from ken are pure, but an unknown generation. He gave seed stock to a lot of growers in the bay to back up the genetics and keep them preserved when he gets raided. Therefore the generation / fgen is unknown, aside from the fact they are still pure.

edit-
People often get bent out of shape in regards to the genetics and origins of gdp, but I don’t know why. it’s a strain that comes from the black market during the drug war, passed through many hands to keep it alive. Not sure why people are surprised they don’t have more detailed information or photos documenting the breeding process, realistically there’s no way they could.

4 Likes