Where O”where is the original GDP? Or grape ape, purple urkle or old mendo purp.

I’ve
A few plants outgrow my tents,my grows get a bit wild sometimes
Lol

1 Like

I realy liked the original purple urkle and grape ape cuts I wish I could find them again but instead I’m growing out some paki chitral kush and hoping to find a similar terp profile. The mendo purps was great to but not as potent as the others.

2 Likes

I can tell you if you looking for grape ape
@Heritagefarms
Dark Heart in so cal has a killer cut
I’m growing it an its took over the garden hits every mark so far day 37

1 Like

I’ve been looking at that , it’s available at a spot not to far from me, it’s not the original cut that circulated the north bay in the earth medical days but it was hunted out of the same genetics the original was and looks spot on.
I might have to check it out even though I generally stay away from dark heart clones

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’m popping seeds again myself
But I’m thinking of keeping 1 of these around
They stink very stinky an sticky
Sour grapes kinda sweet but really stinky

1 Like

I have a mendo purp x buckeye purp

6 Likes

Been having a hankering for some classic grape purple goodness lately. Mellow indicas fit my tastes well. Ill probably try out bodhis black light fantasy (mendo purp x purple unicorn) and see how it goes. Hoping it ends up very tasty.

8 Likes

I would think that these would be the real deal.

Also they have a promo code “Overgrow” for 30% off.

Wonder how many people are still interested in GDP it could be something we may want to look into preserving.

9 Likes

@potdaddy4x4 I actually grew out a ilgm GDP from a friend a couple months ago, honestly I thought it was pretty good, really did remind me of the GDP I had years ago. But who knows if what I had then was a true GDP cut )

![IMG_20210928_143432654|375x500]

I’m sure It would have grown a little darker if I let it get colder

15 Likes

Been missing having a good purple
Around lately……decided to grab 2; humboldt csi purple urkle s1 as well as JOTI’s “the purps”. From what I’ve read purple urkle may have been derived from/a select pheno of mendo purps so perhaps these two are related! Can’t wait to have some nice relaxing purple in my jars again.

2 Likes

Only a few people have urkle. Your best bet are those humboldt packs.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about authentic genetics GDP (which I definitely remember fondly from years ago) but from what I read it’s basically purple Urkel x big bud so was looking for the less watered down purple strains.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank You for posting this and the discount code!
Mel Frank is great, i read his classic “growing weed” book back in the 80’s when i was in High School.

3 Likes

Are these a repackage of Ken GDP or an F2? sold as GDP? And isn’t Ken selling GDP seeds again?

3 Likes

Mel Frank made these for Authentic Genetics from seed stock he got from Ken Estes in 2013. I reached out to him to ask about it, and just started 5 of these last week.

7 Likes

Kens selling, but its hit and miss with the beans. It was 20 bucks a bean. I think with Mel selling gdp Kens prices have dropped to be a competitive on pricing.

1 Like

Hope you get a reply. Unless I’m missing something. Like ‘reproduced with permission’ or GDP F2 why is this not a straight rip-off? We don’t repro seeds on OG when the strain is current and from the original breeder, right? I dunno maybe Ken let it happen? Hope so, the dude is in a wheelchair and an honest seed maker, IMO.

3 Likes

I did get a reply. Ken gifted him seeds in 2013 and he has been reproducing them for years. Ken didn’t create GDP just brought it to the mainstream from what I understand. Mel has reproduced it enough times it’s definitely his work now vs the original clone GDP.

9 Likes

@Greasy thanks for hitting us back with a answer. Everyones looking for the most original genetics they can find so this helps im sure.

4 Likes