Which Smell Proof Bag?

I need a bag to get things from point a to point b. I’ve been looking at these “smell proof” bags. I have “special” duffles and stuff now but nothing truly smell proof. Any experience with any of these Ryot or Abscent bags?

https://ryot.com/product/hauler-bag/

4 Likes

I don’t know how much your transporting ,but why not put the herb in a glass jar, seal it and put that in a freezer storage ziplock bag?

3 Likes

Tell me how to sell the weight, and I’ll help us pack it up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Let’s just say I need a ”lifestyle” Bag lol, really I’m just curious if anyone knows if they’re really smell proof.

1 Like

Gotcha, trying to save you some coin :grin:.

1 Like

smell is a nanoparticle thing. it’ll seep thru anything at some tiny fraction. U can drag that number down. ur trying to ships pounds over seas, and asking a forum for tips. I say good luck. first tip, quit talking online about it. These days it’ll either slide thru or it wont. sometimes weight just slides thru. if You dont put a return address, and are somewhat carefull(not what ur doing now) who knows. try it and let us know to educate the rest

google smells cannabis nano particles… you’ll see

if ur driving in the us, its gotten weird with the dogs. “they” spend a FORTUNE on drug dogs, and now a lot of them are fucked. U cant train a dog for 4 years to target pot, then “untrain” them. Its a problem.

I feel like my posts have mostly sucked lately… So I add this just as a filler so maybe I sap a tiny bit of this mans kickassness…

2 Likes

This is a backpack bro…

2 Likes

Personally I would just get a generic $20 backpack and spend the difference on a vacuum sealer, or a couple of flip top jars.

No experience though, sorry. The abscent bags look discreet, unlike the Ryot bag with a giant emblem emblazoned upon the front. The Ryot just looks like you have something to hide.

2 Likes

I highly doubt smell proof bags are going to fool a dog. A person maybe.

3 Likes

Just carry your stash around in one of these. Easily holds two pounds and you’re 100% above suspicion.

5 Likes

I had a drug dog hit on my bag because there was pizza in it. I can tell you for sure ziplock is not smell proof.

4 Likes

If it ain’t broke:

https://www.jansport.com/shop/en/jansport-us/all-backpacks/odyssey-backpack-t14g?variationId=008

Alternately, double heat sealed vac bags, Ziploc then Mylar first then vac sealer, someone with clean hands holds the new bags and seals.

So I’ve heard.

4 Likes

Ok interesting thoughts but I’m not looking to move packs or shift weight in it. No offense but I don’t need input on that…

Surely someone else out there likes to travel and smoke high quality flower out of high quality glass and appreciates the need for a functional bag to safely store and facilitate this. Thanks :v:

5 Likes

I figure when I travel they will have weed there. I smoke joints on the road.

You didn’t specify international or domestic.

Ah for personal travel use. I stand by the hard case, like @RandomHumanoid said, it’s a game of degrees and it’s about having the most airtight seal possible, which, IME means a Pelican or similar case with gaskets and strong latches.

This would probably be a more appropriate size and price if you wanted to keep everything together:

I prefer Pelicans overall but Nanuk cases are just as good and the latches are much nicer and easier to use:

Or for stash containers:

2 Likes

I used a smell proof backpack before, it contained the smell without problem… but the odors seem to accumulate inside so when you open the bag it smells like youre carrying 100 kilos.

7 Likes

A trained dog can smell particles through those too right?

1 Like

Gotta put some of this stuff in there, like a cupful in a Mason-type jar of some sort with the ring holding down a piece of HVAC filter cloth or similar (reusable paper shop rag is good too, or just a bunch of layers of pantyhose or cheesecloth. Swap it out every few weeks and it’ll eat the odors in the bag pretty good. I used to know a highway transporter when I was younger and these are the things he shared with me.

5 lbs High Performance 4mm Pellet Premium Virgin Activated Carbon Charcoal Pellets in Media Bag for Aquarium Fish Tank Koi Pond Reef Filter Media, Total of 5 lbs (1 Bag) https://a.co/d/8NRuLXs

Another one that sounds stupid but works if you’re specifically worried about dogs (which it sounds like you’re mostly worried about people?) but carrying an open pack of beef jerky or something like that in the outer pouch is a good way to show a cop something the dog would hit on if you’re forced to talk to them.

1 Like