Who plans on making seeds?

Growing out some beans from @Farmerjoe420, tk x super skunk. Really excited about them.

6 Likes

Man this thread makes me wanna breed some stuff… argh. Lol

3 Likes

Just trying to help, plus addicted to this place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Ordered a couple packs! Thanks again! I’m addicted again! Spent way too long on here in the 00’s. I was more of a reader then, because of the anxiousness from the draconian laws. I’m still in a prohibition area, but my city has done lots to make me feel comfortable. I’m here to stay.

5 Likes

YES! Who does plan on making seeds, next batch is JTR tga subcool

9 Likes

nice profile pic lmao xD

3 Likes

Hahah. Thank my wife! I couldn’t not use that here.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ll be making a cross of the purple pheno of Jah Goo with pollen from a pineapple meatball male.

Female: Jah Goo - (Purple Jasmine x Afgoo)

Male: Pineapple Meatball - (Meatbreath f2 x Pineapple Sorbet)

I’ll def be sending some out but this cross will be a very limited run as I have very little pollen.

Much love!!!

12 Likes

You might be the only other person I know if that has heard of Jah goo , you a nor cal guy ? I was growing purple Jasmine clones about 12 years ago, was a buddies favorite smoke, I’m more a kush and sour guy but it sure was pretty.

4 Likes

same boat here! It will be nice to have some non-seeded buds around :monkey_face:

I always found that to be tricky - I am more confident of the crosses by doing one type of pollen at a time with whatever females are in the tent, assuming you have enough pollen. If not I would be very careful by pollInating and then secluding the plants for a few days, and then spraying them down with compressed air (with the non-pollinated branches covered to avoid pollen over spray) before bringing them back in to the tent with other females, and also waiting several days between branches. Sorry if this is monkey-splaining, I just thought I would toss in my two bananas

12 Likes

I think if you spray the pollinated plant with water it should kill any stray pollen?

3 Likes

yeah air or water should work, I would just spray it with something to make sure that the pollen wont be flying about, though I have seen unwanted/unexpected pollen sneak in to tents so I know how pesky and determined pollen can be. I would think it would be harder to avoid spraying water on other branches, and carrying pollen with the spray, or at least harder than air, but that’s just me, to each their own. A small handheld vac would work well too, or in addition, to remove stray pollen

5 Likes

I’m trying to not underestimate how easy it is to cross contaminate. I appreciate all input. All done in a separate room with doors closed and no ventilation. Hell, might even do it inside the plastic tent. I plan to dilute the pollen samples I have with flour or DE to aid in the even spreading on each branch. I’m going with Qtip or small brush. Since each plant is manifold trained, I figured I’d just condom all the branches with plastic bags and only expose one at a time. Give them all about an hour wrapped up to let the pollen and pistils interact and do their thing. Then use a light fine mist to wet everything but not splash, I’ve read the water deactivates the pollen…
then change cloths and put plants back in.

5 Likes

sounds like a good tech but I would give them longer than an hour to marinate, I have no idea why, it’s pure monkeybro science I am spouting lol. Hopefully someone more learned such as @lefthandseeds can enlighten us here better

4 Likes

Hey, monkey see monkey do! I’m here to learn, it’s my first go at it. I read somewhere that the genetic exchange from pollen down the pistils starts in seconds, and can be done in minutes, maybe 20? But yea, a couple hours prob a better idea, maybe even shake it a little with the bags on. Now while they’re getting their hairs powdered, and keeping those branches covered. Should I uncover the rest of the plant after spray down the outsides of the bags and containers to let it breath?

3 Likes

sounds like a plan. Yeah I always figured the transfer of genetic info was probably instantaneous, and it’s the germination etc that takes a bit. It would be interesting to see the entire process of pollination of cannabis under a high power microscope like this vid:

9 Likes

That is cool! Where did I see a pic or maybe it was a diagram of how the genetic material is moved from the pollen cell into the ovary
I can’t remember now where I even saw it. It reminded me of the nematocysts of jellies and anemones. When the pollen lands on the pistil, the moisture from the plant activates the pollen. If the proteins match up, tubes are extended into (or out of) the pollen and the genetics are transferred.

3 Likes

No I’m in north Colorado. I got it from a grower from a dispensary here in Fort Collins. I’m hoping the pineapple meatball male will add some resin and potency to the PJG. It’s a good high, just lacks in flavor and funk.

3 Likes

Long time lurker…I’m planning on S1ing some Black Pineapple from Mosca in the next couple of months. Rooting through phenos presently.

7 Likes

Got myself some lemon haze (seedsman) and strawberry cough (sonoma) autoflowering seeds. I’ve only just started to try breeding so i’m mostly selecting fenos for now. Next phase would be crossing 2 of my all time favorite strains. Maybe even try my hand with colloidal silver one day if i have some amazing specimens. But first things first

5 Likes