Who rides and what do you ride 🤘

It’s a 79 so definitely vintage haha. Pretty much impossible to find parts though…

@Jetdro that looks so fun, pure torque!

2 Likes

IT is more fun than all my other motorcycles put together!

2 Likes

It’s crazy but as long as the old cars and motorcycles exist on the road to be driven the nine original industrial arts are still able to exist in the market and will still be able to get a family business (upholstery shop, those guys who make new pistons for engines built before WWII, lots of craftsman that imo their thing is part of humanity and needs to stay, like being a blacksmith (horses still exist)

5 Likes

Very cool thread. I was not going to post as I no longer ride, and likely never will again.
These days I am too brittle and fragile to risk riding.
This thread has me thinking of the long ago days when I rode.

The first motorcycle I ever rode was a 1965 Honda Super 90 …gave me a taste of the fun of riding. I would smoke some reefer and hop on the bike and go rambling about in a delightful bliss. I would take the little street bike on off road trails, and I really enjoyed not having cars around to worry about. So I decided to get a dual purpose bike:1972 Suzuki TS 400 Apache.
I loved that bike and I spent most of my time off road, using it to find and maintain some guerilla plots in my formative years of ganja growing.
Shortly thereafter I became infatuated with sheer speed, so I went and got a crazy bike: 1972 Kawasaki HD 750. Wow, what a nutty bike, adrenaline rush, death defying two wheeler …never got hurt, which looking back, really makes me wonder.

I think around 1975 I sold my bikes. Over the following years, I would occasionally borrow friends’ or my brother’s bikes. The last one that I rode was my brother’s disturbingly fast Yamaha VMax …around 1993.

So, if I could ride nowadays, I most certainly would.

10 Likes

Broken down awaiting the AA/RAC :rofl:

3 Likes

Those old Honda bikes are just so cool…I mean there’s even a Beach Boys song about them haha. I always think if I do get a bike it will be something like that, fast enough and tons of fun. They’re still very in demand and cool today!

Edit: or I’d get one of those Zero electric bikes, they look so amazing. I just dream about flying down some country road in total silence. Anyone ever tried one? I know Harley has one too…

4 Likes

the 305 dream :heart:

as a friend of mine Tom the Bomb always told me

“you meet the nicest people on a Honda”

peace

Dequilo

5 Likes

dude… 750? I have a heavy atv that’s 650 and hauls balls, I’m sure that things was a rocketship!

4 Likes

2 smoke all the way. Phenomenal power and less parts to replace/repair when things go wrong.
Cagiva Mito (MV Agusta 2 stroke)

My old shape RS125FP. I pushed her power to the limit but stopped before I started milling the head to gain more compression.

9 Likes

hahahhaha @ two smoke, Freudian slip?

Idk I hate having the gas and oil mix and have talked to lots of people who didn’t label their gas cans well and put that in four stroke car engine and destroyed it haha.

I like the way they sound though.

4 Likes

The smell is worth it alone and I’ll put my Mito against any non modified 600 and under and I guarantee I’ll leave it at the lights :v:

4 Likes

the dumbest guy I know who did that the car I guess by todays standards is no great shakes but I thought it was cool sad to see ruined.

Basically it looked like 2nd gen Eagle Talon (look it up kiddos its a car) that was based on the eclipse like they all were, but this was the best one with turbocharged engine and awd and before they started dumb rear spoiler.

Was great car but he did the labels on the gas cans on tape that fell off and that rare engine got destroyed and car sat for years no one even wanted to buy it haha what a dumb person, two stroke fuel was for a weed wacker or something, cheap bastard go to gas station and get 93 octane or dont have a car like that…

2 Likes

That’s a car not a bike. This thread is about bikes. 125 4 stroke power = 14 bhp MAX
125 2 stroke = 34 bhp
Nsr500 is what Rossi won best part of his races on.
The power delivery alone will make even the most advanced motorcycle riders shit their pants.
I’m not calling anyone out I’m just saying I know for a fact that 2 stroke hands down can produce more power and speed than any engine today of equal cc

3 Likes

I have a Yamaha 750 Virago, not ridden it in 4 years as I damaged my neck in a work accident, and any fall could put me in a wheel chair or dead. With my history of motorcycle accidents its a sure bet I will have a tumble.

I am going to re paint it and give it to my daughter for a graduation present. Going with a Japanese Samurai and Geisha theme. A bit more girly than skulls and reapers.

12 Likes

Yup. when I first test rode it, I was totally hooked on the sick quickness.
Two stroke triple, and it sure did smoke, But it was so very much faster than most vehicles on the road back then.
This is what it looked like;
(not my pics)

6 Likes

She’s a beauty @Shadey. I’m obviously more race bike style but in a few years when I’m not chasing the speed id likely buy something similar and have it painted in a personal way z👍

1 Like

…except for rotaries, but they are pretty much 2-strokes anyways… :grin:

When I was about 14 and still living in Ukraine, my uncle moved to Canada and left behind a 1962 Jawa 350. 2-stroke. I slapped some fresh rings & bearings into that thing and rode the piss out of it. It was FUN. I can only imagine a relatively modern 2-stroke in a bike.

Not my bike but looked exactly like this one. Fun fun bike. 1st gear “up” too :wink:

9 Likes

H2 A by the look of it I had a 500 H1A when that thing hit the power band it would wheelie no problem in any of the first 3 gears. handled like a pig though, back end was like jelly on a plate lol.

1 Like

The widow maker. I wonder how it got it’s name :thinking:

4 Likes

I believe that when that bike came into the UK, 5 motorcycle magazine test riders died on it in the first year. Thats why its called the widow maker, they then extended the length of the swinging arm to stop them flipping so much.

3 Likes