Who rides and what do you ride 🤘

Ahahaha, belter. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I ride @Esrgood4u’s Mum now and again when weather permits.

:joy: Sorry couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

Suzuki DR650. Not many of them in UK as far as I know. Shitloads of them in the Americas, Oz, NZ, etc.

2 Likes

How is the fuel economy better if it takes more strokes on a 4s, does more strokes not equal more power…more petrol used?

I know 4s are cheaper to run n that but it’s a bit of a head scratcher lol.

1 Like

Nice thread! I’ve been riding since I was 5 (Yamaha PW50 FTW!) but I’ve always rode my dad’s bikes growing up, he is an enthusiast. I’ve rode many different kinds of cycles, mostly all Japanese street bikes and dual sports. Craziest ride ever was a Yamaha FZ500. Thing was straight up scary, 2 stroke, V4. It would just take off like a damn rocket ship but not until around 3-4K rpm.

Then I moved out, started a family and all that. Motorcycles were never really high on the list, especially when you’re broke. Then I got lucky one day and this woman wanted my old beater GTI VR6 and she wanted to trade her motorcycle. A 2008 Ninja 250, hahah. I’m a big dude and was skeptical, but it has been an absolute joy to tool around on. She had a fancy pipe and all that stuff on it, trying to make it seem like a big boi. But I stripped it all off and went back to stock in most aspects, trying to keep it as stealth as possible. You can barely hear it running.

Great on gas, super fun handling, easily get around on highways, and an absolute blast in our hilly area. 12K rpm red line makes it seem surprisingly more capable than expected. My dream ride would be a BMW R1200 or similar. Tall dual sport bikes are much more my style. DR650 more likely for my price range, but until then this little gal sure is a hoot!

11 Likes

10 Likes

I prefer riding offroad. :slight_smile:

Me and the wifey, hitting the trails.

I used to own a few bikes but learned a long time ago that I like speed way too much and I need 4 wheels, a rollcage, and harnesses. :laughing:

9 Likes

@Dale

Should watch this man. Explains WHY a 2 stroke isn’t used anymore supposedly better engine breaking on a 4 which is prolly likely. Funny how both riders loved the looser rides though :rofl:
https://youtu.be/5BXAd9ze3Q4

1 Like

I like this guy’s take on 2-smoke vs. 4-stroke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPn_e7C0o28

1 Like

Thank you I will later for some reason having isp trouble and its not going to work but will look later or at different location description seems cool but I can’t load the page enough to even see the runtime currently idk weather or why but it’s fucked at the spot.

Edit: If Transworld Motocross is the same as Transworld Snowboarding I read that magazine all the time it’s as legit as it gets they sponsored a few pro films a year all the best people and scary terrain not always with chopper some of thse nature hippies hit up the zone with dogsleds and make camp and then mountain climb to the summit and put split boards together and get so nasty doing shreddy things.

I will for sure watch it and try to understand better.

1 Like

And I joked someone on here for chicken strips, if that is your personal vehicle bravo those sidewalls have been leaned on and heat applied hahhaa all the writing seems gone maybe I cant see be they look smooooooth :grin:

1 Like

That’s you fkn Beer Run machine? Haha Awesome ride Legal…

K.

1 Like

Old Motorcycles at a local antique motorcycle club’s meet

central new york

indian scout

straight four with a sidecar

early harley

restored

cannonball run winner

another entree

harley single

indian chief

30’s harley flathead

all the best and ride safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

Rotaries is why I like the Mazda RX-8 I know it’s not a bike. And it’s not an AMC. But that is a bit of engineering beauty

4 Likes

@dequilo beautiful bro love the restored Harley

I don’t ride anymore but the wife rides a mean broom

5 Likes

Wow. Stunning collection going on there.

1 Like

love the Mazda had an RX-7 rotary, rag top years ago

want a motor

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

I never owned one, but I drove one once (when I “probably” shouldn’t have been driving - everyone else definitely couldn’t drive). That little car surprised the shit out of me. Talk about RPM !

1 Like

Did you know that they made a rotary-powered bike? Suzuki RE5 was in production in mid-70s and got over 60hp out of a 500cc single-rotor powerplant.

I used to work at a Wankel specialty shop during college years rebuilding mostly 12As and 13Bs, and a customer brought one of those in. Crazy machine.

We also had a 20B out of an HB Cosmo stuffed into a ragtop. One tuning rip later the chassis was twisted and we had to scrap it… next shell was a tube frame.

Love these inefficient, dirty, finicky, expensive bastards

6 Likes

Haha that’s almost like a BIG WHEEL!

2 Likes