Worst hyped strains you have grown

You mean it was good or bad??? My Tut’s were so bad, just so bad!

4 Likes

Bunk…not god at all. Same experience you had.

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about Gage Green??? I have a bottle full of their seeds, have had for a while, cannot remember where I got them or wtf they are???

8 Likes

Mine even looked shitty…grew as tall thin totems, little weight, no smells, total shit

4 Likes

The shitty strains i wasnt able to grow lol

Back in the day

I bought some off of seeds direct

lifesaver,
sputnik 2.0
and Lemon Freeze

Out of the 30 beans like 6 or 7 popped and they were either hermie or males (Edit- i never had that happen with any other beans i have purchased or were given or made)

I think they cost an avg of 75 $ Each for 10 ,back then even. Talking about feeling ripped off lol

4 Likes

Top 44 is one of our top commercial strains. Top 44 is our fastest flowering variety which under ideal conditions can be ready in ~6 weeks. This strain stays low and does not branch to much making it ideal for confined gardens or sea of green farming. Top 44 is a strong easy to grow plant and a great selection for the first timer. Top 44 has also proven to be a great balcony producer. The smoke is deep and skunky with a long lasting buzz.

grew this in one of my first grows, what a plant

grew fast, finished fast and yielded huge

what they forgot to tell you in their blurb after a week of smoking it you can smoke it

by the ton

all the best

Dequilo

7 Likes

Agree with this too… others ive had no luck with are DNA and Barneys …
Did get a good green crack from one of the Humboldts can’t remember if it was HSO or the other one …

6 Likes

Grew their High School Sweetheart and some Highschool Sweetheart x Aymi … some dankness in there for sure

3 Likes

DNA genetics are trash I took a flight to Amsterdam and spent like 2k on seeds this was in like 06 I think when I got home the germination rate was trash and the finished product on ever strain except 1 was awful. Reserve privada is trash too. I honestly would never buy from a European seed company again

13 Likes

Ditto … i think all of 3 beans cracked from the stuff i got from DNA … and it was garbage

7 Likes

TGAs Ace Of Spades, BIG hype, tiny little nuggets, frosty, but tiny

5 Likes

I wish i knew about tut before i order slthe seeds

3 Likes

Alot of people seem to really like it, so maybe it depends on the breeder or something?

3 Likes

The only good run I’ve had of DNA was there feminized OG # 18

6 Likes

Barney’s farm blue cheese is the shit…at least 10yrs ago…

9 Likes

I’d rather not say which is the worst hyped strain I have ever grown. :slight_smile:

What I will say, after reading all the responses here, is that I almost feel like an idiot for not growing more seeds and selling them. It seems that the vast majority of “breeders” out there are just chuckers in disguise - many of which are claiming “elite” genetics and charging ludicrous prices.

Breaking News
All Canuk Seeds are on sale for 50% off at True North Seed Bank today! (which means instead of $20 CAD per seed, they are $10 each). WHAT A DEAL!!! :scream:

14 Likes

Oh, remembered another one, not sure about hype, but Paradise Seeds Spoetnik, mids at best

2 Likes

I just heard Kev Jodrey discuss the European seed scene. He says that practically all the base plants that made up these original “legendary” strains were shut down and killed off by police raids. He says all the big breeders lost their stock at least once due to raids. So these companies must remake these strains again from scratch. They’re never the same sadly.
Ive also heard a lot of the European Cannabis Cup winners ended up being full of variability.

12 Likes

Id have to say the most disappointed was buying a bunch of TGA/Subcool’s gear (era early 2000’s) off of Gypsy’s seed auctions.
I had like 4 different strains from them. Jack The Ripper, Jilly Bean and a couple of other hybrids.
I find TGA has tasty gear, but I never found anything potent. JTR looks great, smelled great, but had not much power to it sadly.
Same with the others, never found a quality pheno out of the bunch. Re ran clones but nothing changed.
They were Powdery Mildew magnets too. The only time I ever contracted PM was on the JTR’s. Havent seen it before or since.
Cannot speak on their latest work.

12 Likes

That’s why I’ve been collecting as much earlier years gear as possible been doing it since 04.
Right after my probation was over, I saw how things were going with all these hybrids nobody keeping it real.
2001 was real bitch they took my collection from the Dam, that I had acquired.

11 Likes