Worst hyped strains you have grown

There was something called future but it’s un available as far as I know that was hyped for some really high thc numbers.

3 Likes

Ive been pretty much out of the loop on almost everything since the first overgrow shut down lol. I dont know of the hype, But I’ve tried one god strain and loved it. Then I was gifted some god bud seeds not too long ago When I discovered OG again and planned on doing my own crosses with them once I grow them out.

3 Likes

I agree with the chemdawg comment but it’s just a guess

Been watching this thread since it started, I just hadnt taken the time to post anything. I have a list of every strain Ive grown over the past 3 decades, but couldnt really remember growing something that was hyped, and not having a good experience. However, I do remember back in the mid 90’s, when friends started to go to the Dam to bring back beans some of the strains, I grew out some Great White Shark and some Real McCoy. Both were pretty hyped at that time, and they both sucked. The weed was like hay, and looked more like hemp than the AK or DJ’S blueberry that we were running at the time. I also grew a pack of Dutch Passion Master Kush that I smuggled back from Canada that also was disappointing. Just wanted to share my 2 cents here.

11 Likes

Think the name comes from it’s an every day staple, good but not top shelf. And refers to you got any shit man rather than you got any that whatever strain you will name cause it that good you need to explain cause this ain’t every day shit.

My first year growing I made the mistake of ordering seeds from ATTITUDE seeds and got a bunch of Dinefem, serious seeds, soma seeds, a bunch of European garbage (I had no idea what I was thinking or doing yet). I’m in Nor Cal so I also was running clones from the dispensary and should of just stuck with all clones. I had Blue Dream, GDP, Grape Punch, Mendo Purp, and The Church (the church was overhyped). Since then I’ve never looked back and only buy from US banks or just grab clones available in my area.

7 Likes

Truffles, Gary Payton, Florida Juicy Fruit, MAC… to name a few

I NEED to get my hands on that Florida Juicy Fruit that I think Str8organics has and is growing

1 Like

I don’t think that’s attitudes fault they stock American too and are a reseller. Before America got more liberal towards cannabis, attitude was one of the only to ship discreet to USA. I’ve known a lot of top American growers to use attitude and rave about them.

4 Likes

Attitude mainly has trash. Sure, they carry some legit breeders gear but they also open breeder packs. I’ve done my side by sides ATTITUDE euro garbage vs American breeders seeds and verified clones from a dispensary. And like I said I’ll never buy from attitude again or buy any euro strains…unless it’s UK cheese. Might chance that…but probably not lol

https://youtu.be/fsF6YC2vXqw

You have a couple of choices with U.K. cheese do you want a pointer in where to search for the original. Of course your example of U.K. cheese is vague. The cheese we used to get was a cross I’d say but still had the diseased leaf effect the original had and came from Luton the area it made famous. My cut was not exodus cut it was same as greenhouse version but my version still had the leaf disease. Blues strain (aka livers holds higher regard among them in the know here in U.K. off the top of my head the original exodus cut can be found in the ugorg inventive, jah Hoover from lady sativa too has it. And have given it to American breeders too I think saying no this is As close you gonna get

Regs or fem and how much time you got?

1 Like

I have had good expierances with attitude, yes they open packs to repackage in a stealth manner but I’ve always got parts of the original packaging included and they only do that when necessary. I know people who have placed orders from the UK and everything comes in breeders packs. The lavender I grew out came from them indirectly and they we’re all nice plants.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t give them that much credit.
Wasn’t but 10 years or so ago everything was getting knabbed because of the same ole coffee cup or t shirt.
They were on everyone’s shit list for a while.

Yeah I also went to Attitude for my first order before knowing any better. I at least did some research on the breeders and strains they carried and I’ve had good luck with them the two times I used them.

The Godberry from Freedom Of Seeds I got from them was exactly as described and was just as potent as anything I could buy. The Russian Snow from Vision Seeds I got from them is some top shelf looking herb and also just as potent. I also got my Greenhouse Seeds orders through them and those are exactly as described too. Like HF said, I always got pieces of the breeder pack in the baggies they sent me.

That being said, these days I only get seeds off people here or from US banks almost exclusively. There’s still a few things I have to go overseas for.

1 Like

Fems…been at it for little over 8 years.

1 Like

I have used Attitude many times and have had no problem and have gotten some incredible fire :fire: from them. No complaints here.

8 Likes

Growers choice gorilla glue it’s terrible I think they screw me On the seeds,my plant didn’t look like any gorilla glue plants on the net

1 Like

I’ve ran that Florida Juicy Fruit. Definitely a sativa type thing, doesn’t yield worth a shit, lots of smaller buds but the flavor is absolutely amazing and the buzz is nice.

1 Like

Tangerine Dream from Barney Farms… this is one of a few seeds that were created about 12 years ago, when the original 5 pack of Tangerine dream hermied around week 12 or 13. Had 4 distinct phenotypes, all ranged from 9 to 13+ weeks… and 1 was a male.
This is seed from that fuckup, about 7 weeks in flower now…decided to give them a shot instead of fading away in the fridge forever… 1st time I bought seeds from overseas and was burned immediately…

3 Likes

The Ultimate (Dutch Passion) in 2011 IIRC. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Ultimate my ass… nothing ultimate at all.
A sativa with airy buds and medium potency. Bland strain.

1 Like