Worst hyped strains you have grown

Its pretty messed. Its not even hard to rip off other breeders and produce good strains. Like almost anybody can do it. Its prolly harder to keep their trash genetics pure and so weak tbh

9 Likes

Agreed… :100:

6 Likes

Blueberry & Bubblegum. Looked great, smelled great, tasted like fresh air and underwhelming. I guess I did not get a good pheno. They were directly from the top dutch breeders. The best I got out of it was a stocky Blueberry male with dark leathery leaves I used for a few crosses. Blueberry had to be from DJ Short stock too. He was working with both seed banks. I’m convinced the seeds that were being sold at the Cannabis Cups were not the best they had to offer.

5 Likes

I hear mixed reviews about dr. greenthumb. I do want to try his g13 s1.

2 Likes

Funny story about my trip to the dam for the CC…I went with 5 buddies and ended up connecting with a bunch of americans that we chilled with daily…one night the guys were like, “hey, let’s get some blow”…they ended up buying off some weirdo on a street corner. …i dont do that shit, but tried a gummer just to check potency…it was straight tylenol…lol…one of the americans was like " I dont give a fuck…lemme do it"…didnt see him for 2 days after his shitty rail…lol…my buddy did one too…said it was awful but rolled outta bed to grab a 24 of Heineken the next day…lol…memories, in the corner of my mind… :musical_note:

9 Likes

I’ve grown Reserva Privada’s Kandy Kush a few times in RDWC, using AN nutes and it was a nice go-to pain stash. My wife still pushes me to grow more and she smokes more than most people to deal with her fibro and RSIs.

I’ve heard others say much the same about Reserva Privada in general, but they were usually growing smaller plants. I usually did 4 plants in 13 or 17 gallon totes, with a 1K lamp per plant. Buckets of aeration and a nutrient temperature between 65 and 68 degrees.

1 Like

Fuck those must been huge for in doors rdwc.

This is a Cannatonic being re-vegged; Kandy Kush would have been in that size range.

Explore Dave M

Here are roots from the Kandy Kush, same size tote as shown, 10" net pot.

This is a shot of them in early flower;

Dave M uploaded this image to

This is what the bud looked like;

Dave M uploaded this image to

19 Likes

holy fucking hell got a half pound of roots gonna have to start selling that in dime bags :laughing:

5 Likes

Everything I’ve grown from ILGM was trash. Rob Bergman replaces no problem with same bland results none are keepers…IMO

4 Likes

My purps from BC was garbage too.

2 Likes

I just ran a cut of slurricane and a cut of Platinum Silk I got off a fellow grower in a trade. Both were extremely frost covered w some of the best bag appeal you will find. They both are very disappointing to smoke. Just not very potent. The slurricane tastes ok (fruity) but the Platinum Silk is pretty bland w slight floral terps.
Maybe there are better phenos out there but I doubt Ill be keeping these two

8 Likes

sadness. Ice cream cake was the same way for me. Frosty af and some of the best bag appeal I’ve ever seen, but potency was like mids and the high was boring.

4 Likes

Lol thats funny too cuz I have an ICC cut that is one of my fav smokes ever. The taste is incredible and gets me nice and ripped. Funny/neat how everyone has diff preferences or how diff cuts can be from others.

4 Likes

Unfortunately you see this happen more and more often.
All dressed up and no place to go.

8 Likes

Lmmfao +10

2 Likes

heh yeah that’s a bit crazy. Was dispensary stuff so could definitely blame the cut and/or the growers. I’ve not grown it myself yet.

1 Like

Was wondering what the hyped strain of the month is? I have lots of solid seeds, from members here and other, but I want to spend some cash…what is the most ridiculous shit available in seed form at the moment?..not price wise, but what is everyone talking about like, “oh, man!! You haven’t grown weed unless you’ve grown THIS weed!!!”.

6 Likes

Oh man is that still a thing? Last I saw a real hype train it was for God Bud… starting to feel pretty old right now :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol…was searching for “most hyped strains…” …lol…it would seem I’m a little high and probably posted in the wrong thread…lol…worst kinda looks like most…right?

5 Likes