Worst hyped strains you have grown

I’ve also had alot of garbage seeds from DNA there florida og was especialy disappointing. There are definetly way more chuckers then breeders out there creating a shit storm of questionable genetics. I started collecting and asking my connects and anybody else i encountered with good herb for seeds around 98. everybody thought I was crazy with all the new elite clones hitting the scene. I’ve watched things go from seeds, to a clone craze and back to the current explosion of seed companies. When I started buying seeds and tucking them away there was less then 20 breeders making seeds commercially available on a large scale and look where we are now. I say good strains are where you find them but it helps to look in the right spots

12 Likes

I’ve ran TGAs Jack the Ripper. Super disappointing bud formations with all plants. Airy nothing to them. Tasted good though. It’s in my do not Like pile :rofl::rofl::v:

11 Likes

Damn, thats rough bro. Prolly not cheap either.
Dirty fuckers.

6 Likes

Good ole Homeland security

3 Likes

Now THAT is just unlucky…

This was my first crack at a King Tut.

Yes anything Cali Connection I have tried has been way overpriced junk. HSO though I have had good experiences with, this is some HSO Black Dog.

I also got some cracker phenos from their Bubbas’s Gift and the Sugar Breath. Goes to show though, it’s all a bit hit and miss with most of the big seed companies.

I have has issues with Barneys Farm fkn everything and also anything Sensi is just pissweak shit now, Have not been overly impressed with TGA’s gear given the price. DNA and Crockett family farms are hit and miss. Found eveything Dr Krippling to be WAY overhyped and very average. Reserva Privada seem to have some good genetics but every fkn seed is radically different. I got the WORST ever Afghan example from Seedsman.

Totally agree with the exception of the 9# Hammer (May be why Jinxproof split from TGA). This has some seriously kick ass potency/yeild potential and I am liking it a lot at the moment.

9 Likes

@Comacus did some hybrids with an ogk of calicon
with a pheno he found and they turned out pretty kickass.

5 Likes

@Dej was looking for Outer Space which i read is quite similar.

You saw it here:
Introduce yourself @OG

3 Likes

@OleReynard yeah I had a mix pack from Cali Connection and each one was really good! Have not grown much since but that male did make some nice crosses!

5 Likes

Bomb Seeds - THC Bomb junk hermie

Green House Seeds most of what they sell although the Cheese, Great White Shark, and White Widow were all nice but small yields

Barneys Seeds - Vanilla Kush looked and tasted nothing like the herbs I bought at the Barneys Coffee Shop. The Tangerine Dream I bought there too was shut smoke but won the cannabis Cup that year.

Flying Dutchman - Bought Blueberry fems planted outdoors come back to Blueberry fems with one full on male not a hermie.

DNA - Tangie have not grown it but smoked it grown by different people and always the same results little taste and little to no high junk. I have grown DNA/RPs OG18, Purple OG18 , Chocolope, Honey Boo Boo, a couple others I’ve never had issues with them.

TGA - Vortex nice smoke little loose nugs the sometimes likes to hermie. 9lb Hammer hermied indoors for me got the cuttings from a friend that I gave the seeds to and his hermied outdoors

Tutankhamun was nice to grow super tight nugs smelled like heavy grease but was a mold magnet.

10 Likes

Agree with thc bomb… garbage
Greenhouse seeds i grew the white rhino, trainwreck, great white shark and lemon skunk … all crap except for lemon skunk which was an absolute cracker

8 Likes

Have you grown out Greenhouse’s SLH?

4 Likes

I have grown their SLH and smoked it in their shop in Amsterdam and I was disappointed twice. Have had many friends grow it indoor and outs with mixed results so maybe their’s some magic in them beans if you’re lucky.

8 Likes

Ive had a good super lemon haze from a friend… would still take the lemon skunk over the SLH though

7 Likes

I have Thunderfudges Super lemon haze if anyone’s interested.

5 Likes

I love SLH, my fav smoke of all time, but in saying that… I haven’t tried near as many strains as most of you guys lol

7 Likes

Yes I have a Micro Grow going on right now in my closet that I’m trying to do with as little money as possible. One Raindance and one Tomahawk (also one Tomahawk male for seed making)

Here it is: We’re going back to college with the micro shoe rack grow

3 Likes

Thanks man,I know I checked out that grow log but I guess I didnt pay attention to the strain!

2 Likes

Sometimes I just scroll through and look at pictures lol I don’t blame you

2 Likes

Barney’s Red Dragon always moulded. The buds were too dense and tasted awful, like liquorice gone off. Had a great LSD plants circa 2008, tried it again twice later and they’d diluted the recipe or seemed to.
DNA’s Rocklock was poor. Their Whitewalker Kush was good and I found a good pheno from a pack of Chocolope. Their Sharksbreath hermied.
Positronics Claustrum was weak as thinned out piss.
Mr Nice Shit was…shit and weak. Although their SSH was pretty exceptional but super variable.
Flying Dutchman Temple Haze was like smoking fresh air mixed with chlorophyll.
These are released strains though. Had a few tester strains I wouldn’t list because they weren’t for general release or weren’t following test grows anyway.

8 Likes

Sounds a cowboy b movie

3 Likes