Wtf is This , $2.5m clone?!

It is an asking price, but the ad is to create FOMO for fools with to much money, that just can not miss out on something so FANTASTIC to warrant 2.5 mil.
I hope they sell 20 of them!!

why should GLG be getting a bad rap for what a breeder wants to list thier seeds for???
GLG doesn’t set the prices, the breeder does.
I think it is silly to go throwing shade on a reputable seed bank when they do not control nor set the price.
Mock Genetic Designer/Gage Green Group all you want but leave the seed bank out of it LOL

Personally I don;t see what the fuss is all about. Like any product we can buy in life as a consumer… don’t like the price or the quality? Move on.
I have never understood the marketting approach of the genetic designer label. Most of thier seed packs are pre-order and have astronomical prices. I have even pondered asking dragboat if thier stuff really even sells at 2000 to 8000 dollars a pack…but my interest doesn’t run deep enough for me to bother asking hehe.

My thinking is if you have to list your seeds that high or be asking a couple mil or more for a clone… you must not want to sell the product very badly. The other side of my thinking is that the entities buying thier products are probably commercial operations who can write off the costs. Otherwise it makes no sense to me.
There doesn’t seem to be much sense in concerning one’s self with it too much. It’s not like any of us are lacking in access to killer cuts and seeds without even needing to consider these crazy high priced genetics.

find some humor in it and move on but if you are sitting on fat stacks of paper and do end up forking out the 2.5 million… I wanna see that plant LOL

10 Likes

I find great humor in such listing’s and never take them seriously. The fact is that stupid prices like listed get people talking as we see in this thread. I would think that is a big driving force behind such high priced cuts and seeds being advertised. That’s just a theory but makes sense to me.

8 Likes

what cracks me up about this particular community @DougDawson is there seems to be a whole lot of growers who love to hate on breeders… or anyone who wants to charge good and reasonable $$ for thier work. Thinking seeds and clones should just be free and breeders are taking advantage of people LOL

food should be free too , so should water, but hey… everyone has no troubles lining up with thier wallets out for those life essentials. Why do so many people on OG disparage hard working breeders who have chosen this path as a profession or have fallen back to breeding as thier only source or way to make an income?

If the seeds are free you are a hero
if you ask for money you are greedy

LOL just gotta shake my head sometimes.

8 Likes

I guess these seedbanks don’t get to choose whose seeds they carry, huh? These dudes have been clowns for years with this BS and your “cool” seed bank enables this nonsense. It’s not that hard to figure out. If you own a seed bank, you’re selecting which “breeders” to carry and by carrying them you’re vouching for them and their business practices. I get everyone wants to have things both ways these days, but unfortunately you can’t.

4 Likes

You down with how GGG/Key Play/Fang and those idiots have been charging for seeds and cuts for years now?

1 Like

seriously why should I care what they do?
It is thier perogative to advertise and list how ever they want.
As a consumer you have endless choices for clones and seeds so why do you let it bother you? I find humor in it and I do wonder if they ever sell any product but at the end of the day it does not serve me to spend any mental energy getting my nuts twisted over it.

seriously??? Why do you all let it bother you?
Seems people like to find things to complain about that really have to bearing on anything.

6 Likes

At least I got my answer by end of day. Haha. Hopefully GLG makes a nice commission when they find a sucker for those beans. Probably helps him carry the smaller guys like yourself where he’s not making much profit per pack. I’m sure it has nothing to do with him being the only one carrying your stuff either. Haha

So many dudes talk about the love of the plant, sharing/spreading genetics, and on and on and then support sites that enable bullshit like $8,888 seed packs and nonsense. Makes total sense.

Edit: Please don’t threaten/intimidate me with your Hell’s Angels ties and how you were brought up. It’s too scary and will trigger my anxiety. Haha

3 Likes

I agree 100%, GLG is awesome to deal with. For someone not to buy anything else from them because a breeder sets ridiculous prices is just silly.

3 Likes

I can’t afford a Ferrarri but i can’t hate on someone able and willing to pay stupid money for one.
Same for everything else “of value”.

4 Likes

And you can get 3 bodhi packs for $100 shipped from GLG too. I don’t see what the problem is. If it’s out of your price range, it is for me, don’t buy it.

3 Likes

Where’s the value in those packs and cuts at those prices?

1 Like

Buy it and let us know.

Will do bud.

1 Like

I ignored you, so save your dissertation you’re typing up over there boss.

I guess the “famous-ness or hype” of a strain? Because to some people, that is important. Not to me i think it’s foolish.

But everyone has diff. priorities and abilities to waste $ on stuff.
Our friends own an expensive horse, some people travel a lot. Things i personally don’t find value in. They would think i’m crazy for spending time gardening. Though cannabis is “gardening with benefits”.

4 Likes

I think a big factor folks are overlooking is the possibility of it being a way to clean money. All those big ops backdoor like crazy. Most of them sell way more illegally than legally. What better way to clean a few mil fast and easy than sell 2 million dollar clones?

5 Likes

A Ferrari, houses, horses, and so on usually hold value or increase in value. There are easy markets to resell them. If you buy a $2.5 million dollar clone or $8,888 pack of ten seeds how are you recouping your initial expense? In this flooded market you’re going to make that back? Those genetics are different than clones and packs of seeds that cost $20-$200? They’ve been clowns forever, but certain people value money over ethics and continue to try and make their commission selling GGG/Fang/Key Play nonsense.

2 Likes

first off, My seeds were originally listed at Greatlakesgenetics in support of Charity such as the Fallen Farmers project. All of my sales went to the families of fellow growers who had suddenly passed away and left family behind with needs.
When the charity sales ended … and because of the feedback posted by growers of my seeds, I was able to continue dropping my work until this day. I do this because I am physically disabled and unable to work most jobs. This is all I have left to fall back on.
That said, lately I have been pondering reverting all my sales back to charity or for supporting worthy causes. I have been approached by several seedbanks over the years but GLG is my home and that is where my loyalty is. I was going to drop at Hemp depot here in Canada to make it easier for Canadians but kinda forgot to follow up. I joined @Ris 's start up seedbank over a year ago now I’d say. Currently my arrangement with him is that 100% of my share of sales goes to support this very site. If I was so concerned with sales and profits… I’d be dropping a whole lot more work a whole lot more often… I’d be dropping fems and autos and on and on… you can see that I am not doing any of those things.
I won’t allow my motivations or reputation to be questioned here in this place by people with little knowledge or understanding of the 35 year long road I have taken to arrive here. I do what I do for love of the plant and for my medicine and it will always be those things that motivate me.

what other’s charge for thier products is not my concern, nor should it be.

5 Likes

That’s true the car, horse etc can be re-sold later.

GGG buyers don’t recoup anything. The purchase is 100% for the purchaser to brag about.
Because the GGG plants from a $500 pack are just not 10X better than what a Bodhi $50 pack will produce.

2 Likes